Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Yeah but they have two Nick Fury's now anyway; Nick Fury and Nick Fury Jr. It's just as confusing to new readers. I guarantee the black one won't go by Jr. And the classic one will probably die. That right there is something that the UU is known for so I wouldn't doubt It if 616 followed suit.

Edit: It also occurs to me that in the UU they could make it so that Ultimaye Fury has a white father name Nick Fury Sr, and voila - suddenly both Sam Jackson Fury's are matching alternate Universe counterparts... Stupid Marvel...
    Last edited by Balfro; 04-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

No no, Ultimate Fury needs to have a white son. Balance must be achieved. Yin-yang.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Yeah but they have two Nick Fury's now anyway; Nick Fury and Nick Fury Jr. It's just as confusing to new readers. I guarantee the black one won't go by Jr. And the classic one will probably die. That right there is something that the UU is known for so I wouldn't doubt It if 616 followed suit.

Edit: It also occurs to me that in the UU they could make it so that Ultimaye Fury has a white father name Nick Fury Sr, and voila - suddenly both Sam Jackson Fury's are matching alternate Universe counterparts... Stupid Marvel...
    His name is Marcus Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    His name is Marcus Fury.
    I'm reading online that he changed his name to Nick Fury Jr.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

There's actually a panel where it is explained that his real name was Nick Fury Jr. all along.

Elder Member

Skimmed my copy, it's his legal birth name.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    There's actually a panel where it is explained that his real name was Nick Fury Jr. all along.
    There you have it. Now if Humphries shoehorns in a White Nicholas Fury Sr. in the UU (as a WWI veteran or something) then both black Nick Fury's will be alternate Universe versions of each other, as opposed to what we had before where 616's Fury was white and Ultimate's Fury was black.

Seriously, if they wanted black Fury in 616 so badly, why couldn't they just have something dumb like have him die but his brain was saved and placed in a black guy's body. That sounds like 616 all over. What 616 got now is something that will only serve to confuse new readers because even though he looks like the Fury from the movies, he's not. He never started the Avengers, he never found Cap in ice, etc etc.

Elder Member

+
    There you have it. Now if Humphries shoehorns in a White Nicholas Fury Sr. in the UU (as a WWI veteran or something) then both black Nick Fury's will be alternate Universe versions of each other, as opposed to what we had before where 616's Fury was white and Ultimate's Fury was black.

Seriously, if they wanted black Fury in 616 so badly, why couldn't they just have something dumb like have him die but his brain was saved and placed in a black guy's body. That sounds like 616 all over. What 616 got now is something that will only serve to confuse new readers because even though he looks like the Fury from the movies, he's not. He never started the Avengers, he never found Cap in ice, etc etc.
    I'm pretty sure the "Jr." will tell them all they need to know.

SO his name isn't even Marcus now? It's Nick Fury? What the actual f**k?
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    +

I'm pretty sure the "Jr." will tell them all they need to know.
    You know what would have told them even more of what they needed to know? By not shoehorning in a black version of the character. Having two characters with the same name in the comics and having only one version in the movies (where the black one is the same character as the white one yet there is no white one) only serves to confuse. It was almost confusing enough before when Fury was black in the movies and Ultimate Universe but white in the mainstream comics, but now they went overboard by also adding a black one along with the white one in the comics but didn't actually replace him.

You know what? Marvel really needs to follow in DC's footsteps and do a reboot or something. I don't read 616 but they continue to piss me off regardless...

Is anyone else worrying about what Marvel are going to do with the Ultimate Universe in the future? I mean...

Iron Man looks identical to 616 Iron Man right now, and seeing how the movie version is a happy drunk, soon 616 Tony will be too at this rate.
    Now there's a black Nick Fury so ultimate Fury is no longer unique the the ultimate universe.
    616 hawkeye is now dressed exactly like a purple ultimate hawkeye.

What happened last time the two universes were too similar? ULTIMATUM.

Screw. that.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

It's such a shame that a classic character is being replaced by an actor in order to attempt to draw in the morons who watch the movies and have no interest in the comics.(Hell, I've met people who thought the Batman movies came before the comics) It's bad enough Sam Jackson is replacing the real Fury in all of the animated cartoons. 616 was the only place escape that. Well not anymore.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

You know what? Marvel really needs to follow in DC's footsteps and do a reboot or something. I don't read 616 but they continue to piss me off regardless...
    Universe wide relaunch bro. Not their constant 3.99$ 20 page relaunches now and then. ;)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

All this hate can be only one thing and one thing only. Racism.

Elder Member

You know what would have told them even more of what they needed to know? By not shoehorning in a black version of the character. Having two characters with the same name in the comics and having only one version in the movies (where the black one is the same character as the white one yet there is no white one) only serves to confuse. It was almost confusing enough before when Fury was black in the movies and Ultimate Universe but white in the mainstream comics, but now they went overboard by also adding a black one along with the white one in the comics but didn't actually replace him.

No...the last thing Marvel needs to do is a reboot. I don't even see why this is a big deal tbh.