Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Lets get back to topic; I have not seen the movie and I know it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post

Hmmmkay, good luck, robots. ^_^
    Yep. Robots. America can do it!

American made robots - true saviors of the galaxy!

(C3P0 was imported from Australia)

"... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Isn't he a bit more than a soulles machine? I think Medusa can stone Transformers.
    The Spark of a Transformer is pretty similar to a human soul. Hence they can feel emotions like a human. Even in the crappy Bay films. In fact, it was the plot line of the 1988-89 Japanese series, "Transformers: Super God Masterforce", where humans become bonded to a Spark less Transformers and by the end, pieces of their souls merge with the Transtectors, creating a Spark for that Transformer. Complete with the memories, personality traits and even the voices of their human hosts.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    We're talking gorgons verus robots. Seriousness went bye bye some time ago .
    LOL
    The tragic thing is, as ludicrous as this thread is turning out to be, it still cant topple the Nubia Queen Bee thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Also, the people who decided not to let Joss Whedon make his movie about the Amazon Princess might well have made the biggest mistake in movie making since the guys who passed on Star Wars.
    After seeing The Avengers last night I so have to agree with this statement.
    "People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

It would've been mighty hard to let Whedon make a movie when he never even finished a script in two years.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

I think Joss should direct and have input on the script. I don't think he should write it as I fear, from everything I've seen and heard of his first attempt, we'd just end up with Buffy Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    It would've been mighty hard to let Whedon make a movie when he never even finished a script in two years.
    He finished (several drafts, I think) but Tthe Powers That Be kept on not liking it, even if they were unable to say what it was they didn't like and would like to see changed.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Where on Earth did you come up with that bizarre notion?
    He finished drafts, but his take was highly revisionist. She was mostly de-powered, and only discovered the concept of "bullets & bracelets" after being shot once.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontir View Post
    He finished drafts, but his take was highly revisionist. She was mostly de-powered, and only discovered the concept of "bullets & bracelets" after being shot once.
    Which.... is what Carabas just said.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontir View Post
    "Mostly depowered" is normal for live action Wonder Woman. He wrote what he was told to write.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I think if Marvels gets out a Black Widow or Runaways movie out and if both are a success, than DC officially lost the live action movie race.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I think if Marvels gets out a Black Widow or Runaways movie out and if both are a success, than DC officially lost the live action movie race.
    If the overall movie didn't lend veracity to that statement, then surely the first of the stingers confirms drove the first nail into that coffin! May I also say that I want Amy Acker as Abigail Brand in the sequel! Give me Ali Larter or Katie Sackhoff as Ms. Marvel! ...and Wonder Woman! (Big at aegis!)
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    ... Ali Larter ... as Ms. Marvel!
    I totally blacked-out there for a moment. Yum.

Avengers is a really good movie. Loads of fun. Kudos to all involved.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow