Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    The Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Trust me, neither her nor Hawkeye come off looking second best to anyone in this film.
    I second that! Even got in a funny quip from him.

The Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Maybe Johns needs to get off the JL book because he clearly cant juggle 10 books simultaneously while running DCE. I mean Marvel managed to make this movie and make Widow and Hawkeye work, and from what i hear the movie isnt a stupid blockbuster, so what's Johns' excuse for this Michael Bay Justice League book?
    You know after finishing the movie I keep remembering Johns' JL. Comparing both Johns' JL is just dong fine.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

When Marvel can set up a complete movieverse and make the Avengers a good movie, and not a mindless blockbuster (from what i've heard), at the very least i expect a good JL comic book, if not a movie.

I MAD AS HELL RIGHT NOW!
    Funnily enough I was thinking about the JL comic after the movie. The stories are very similar - heroes must join forces to thwart an evil force invading Earth.

But the Avengers movie sets it up so much better than the JL comic book. Better story, better work with the characters, better everything!
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Regardless of whether Joss Whedon succeeds with Avengers or not, he wasn't the right person to work on Wonder Woman.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Gone

I hear Black Widow never uses her Widow´s Bite weapon.

How do they counter this lack of firepower?

Because compared to Hulk´s fists, Ironman´s repulsr rays, Hawkeye´s explosive arrows or Thor´s Myeuh-muh, that is one puny little pistol she´s carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well, based on what I just saw in THE AVENGERS Black Widow may well get a movie before Wonder Woman.

Also, the people who decided not to let Joss Whedon make his movie about the Amazon Princess might well have made the biggest mistake in movie making since the guys who passed on Star Wars.
    Did I miss something? Avengers premiers (here on May 4th). Are they showing it in Australia before the US?

Glad to hear that Brett liked Avengers so well.

But I disagree with his conclusion. For starters, to me, Whedon, himself, never seemed to have a clue to WW. I'm sure that working with WB didn't help. But I never got the impression from any statement from him that said to me, 'he really knows what he's talking about.' Writing some women well doesn't mean every woman he writes will be written well.

Second, his Firefly movie was bad. And bombed. I'm still dumb-founded Marvel gave him Avengers after that. Then again, time is grand. It's been a few years since his attempt at WW. I don't doubt that he's learned much, and I'm glad to hear he apparently made the most of this opportunity.

Third, Black Widow may get a movie before WW. Good for Black Widow. It'll be far cheaper to make for starters.

In short, good on Whedon for what sounds like a good Avengers movie. But, he is hardly the only one that can do well with strong women in movies.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

If Whedon was the one to direct the WW movie I would abstain from seeing it, much like I'm doing with the Avengers.
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Did I miss something? Avengers premiers (here on May 4th). Are they showing it in Australia before the US?
    Yes, this has been happening more frequently. Movies are getting international release dates prior to their US premieres.
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

I love Whedon, love what he has done for female characters/superheroes, love what he seems to be doing for Avengers... but he was wrong for WW. He had very little knowledge of the character and wanted to change most of it. His pitch sounded awful.
    "Of all people, you know who I am...who the world needs me to be. I'm Wonder Woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Possibly, but the talk is having her appear in Iron Man 3, while Hawkeye gets his own film. Which is a shame.

But I agree about Joss. Warner/DC should go crawling back and beg Joss to make a WW film.
    1. Johanssen has confirmed she's not in IM 3.
    2. I don't want Whedon anywhere near WW.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

[QUOTE=brettc1;15062225]

As for Black Widow specifically, she is just as awewome as the other heroes in her own way. I did not feel she was dwarfed by Iron Man or Cap or even Thor and Hulk. From her first appearence and in every scene where she appears is consistently impressive - and not just as eye candy. She is smart, brave, determined and definitely kick-ass dangerous! Whedon gives the character her props and she really shines as an equal alongside her teammates.
    Oh. Buffy.
    We know that Whedon knows how to do that kinda thing with those kinds of women. But he doesn't know how to handle Wonder Woman. He said so himself.

Oscar Wilde

If DC knew what they were doing, if they had set up their movies the way Marvel did their, then they could hire someone like Whedon to bring it to life. I think his sensibilities, sense of humor, and ability to direct action would work well in a WW movie, even if he doesnt know the character that well YET. That could come through DC's involvement and guidance.

But that factors in a big "if". If DC knew what they were doing.

[QUOTE=FIFTY-TWO (52);15065318]
    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Oh. Buffy.
    We know that Whedon knows how to do that kinda thing with those kinds of women. But he doesn't know how to handle Wonder Woman. He said so himself.
    He does great with Buffy/Kitty Pryde style characters. Emma Frost was the first time I saw him handle a female character completely differently, seems he is doing the same with Natasha.
    "Of all people, you know who I am...who the world needs me to be. I'm Wonder Woman."

If DC knew what they were doing, if they had set up their movies the way Marvel did their, then they could hire someone like Whedon to bring it to life. I think his sensibilities, sense of humor, and ability to direct action would work well in a WW movie, even if he doesnt know the character that well YET. That could come through DC's involvement and guidance.

But that factors in a big "if". If DC knew what they were doing.
    DC doesn't make superhero movies. WB does. And superhero movies are not WB's bread and butter. They're releasing Batman, Dark Shadows, and The Hobbit this year. You can see why devoting all their energy to superheroes isn't their modus operandi. Now, if they let DC move all those characters into the DCE division and let DC make them, in-house, then you can say whatever you want about DC.
    Bottom line: DC doesn't have a studio to make its own movies.

Oscar Wilde