Default Quick opinions on these Marvel books...

I was able to trade a few old Sega games for a few Marvel books and then bought a couple more off someone selling them. I just recently got back into comics, and even more recently re-introduced myself to the Marvel Universe. So seeing these deals I just had to grab these to get more into it. I'm gonna list them, and for those of you who have read them I'd really love a quick sentence or two on what you thought of them! No spoilers of course, but I'd love some feedback. I often find half the fun of comics/graphic novels is the reactions from those who read them. Thanks to anyone who replies! now here's a list of the newest items in my collection:

The Hedge Knight
    Sworn Sword
    Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1
    Ultimate Spider-man Vol. 2
    Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1
    Ultimate Origins
    Weapon X (not Age of Apocalypse)
    Invincible Iron Man (Hardcover - i believe it's the Omnibus Vol 1, collecting the first 19 issues)
    Daredevil: Born Again
    The Avengers: Knights of Wundagore
    Also getting the X-Men Classics issues 1-3 among a ton of other singles.

So , if you've read any of them, what are your thoughts on these ?
    Last edited by theDarkJAww13; 04-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.

daredevil born again is marvels equivalent of batman year 1 in my opinion in case u don't know what that means it means its so friggin amazingly awesomely terrifically great

Well, Daredevil: Born Again is one of the best things Marvel has ever published, so I'd highly recommend that one.
    I enjoyed Ultimate Fantastic Four quite a bit, as well.
    Assuming Weapon X is the Wolverine origin story, that's entertaining.
    No idea what the X-Men Classics reprint, but they're probably pretty good.

Definitely Born Again and UFF, though I think UFF might be better in Volumes 2 and 3.

I'm very much looking forward to reading Born Again. I hear a Daredevil reboot is in the works for Fox Films and I'm wondering if they may do a loose adaptation of that book.
    I'm actually not a huge Fantastic Four fan and I can't say the movies helped that at all. But I'll read this of course.

I'm actually mostly interested in the Hedge Knight for some reason. The book is never talked about but anytime it is I only hear good things. I haven't watched/read any of the other stories in this series, like HBO's show Game of Thrones so I figure this is as good a place as any to start. I hear the artwork is awesome.

Can't wait to get into these and see which I like most out of the bunch

I've only read two of the things on your list, but okay.

I really like Invincible Iron Man. That's the book that got me into modern Marvel comics. The first seven issues are fantastic, and World's Most Wanted is a good read if you read it collected, so it should be pretty good.

Born Again was my first exposure to DD in comics, so it dissapointed me that we wasn't in costume very much, but as I've read Miller's earlier DD work, and leanred how amazing Mazzuchelli is, it's certainly earned its reputation to me.

So yeah, if that helps at all.
    Comics enjoyed by my Old Lady: Chew, IKG, Saga, JTHM, Ex Machina, Gil Kane's Green Lantern, Wormwood, NYX, Jurgen and JMS's Thor, along with a few others.

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man are totally awesome.

The first couple of story arcs of Ultimate Fantastic four were pretty bad, but they're still worth reading because it gets really great starting with the third one.

Ultimate Origins isn't going to be very satisfying if you haven't read many Ultimate Universe comics. The entire series exists solely to introduce one massive plot-twist that was completely ignored until the Ultimate line was relaunched late last year.

Which Weapon X? If it's the Barry Windsor Smith story it's one of the best things marvel has published, along with Born Again.
    About Iron Man, I guess is by Fraction, right? It's not my favorite book, but it's enjoyable I think. At times it's good, others boring.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    The Hedge Knight
    Sworn Sword
    The Avengers: Knights of Wundagore
    X-Men Classics issues 1-3
    Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1
    Ultimate Spider-man Vol. 2
    Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1
    Most excellent.

Ultimate Origins
    Kinda crap, but you'd only notice that if you're hip-deep in Ultimates continuity. For something called "Origins" it makes way too many errors.

Weapon X
    Like the other guy said,going to need a wee bit more information. There's been many of those.
    Invincible Iron Man (Hardcover - i believe it's the Omnibus Vol 1, collecting the first 19 issues)
    Matt Fraction's? Awesome.
    Daredevil: Born Again
    Probably the best thing on your list, and it always makes the lists of the best things Marvel ever published people like to make.
    It's Frank Miller, from before he went totally bananas.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I believe the Weapon X book is the origin story. All it said next to it is "not Age of Apocalypse" and it's a trade paperback so I'm just assuming. Glad it's not AoA, I was not a fan of that at all.

But thanks for the feedback, now I'm looking forward to Born Again even more. Unfortunately this is the book that's in the worst condition with a wrinkles back cover. Oh well, getting it for cheap.

"Knights of Wundagore" is probably my all-time favorite Avengers storyline, taken from a classic run on the title. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    I believe the Weapon X book is the origin story. All it said next to it is "not Age of Apocalypse" and it's a trade paperback so I'm just assuming.
    It's got to have "written by" on or in it somewhere...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Weapon X, the Barry Windsor Smith mini? Enjoy, that's good stuff. Professor Thornton is devious enough as a villain to make your balls scurry up in you from fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    "Knights of Wundagore" is probably my all-time favorite Avengers storyline, taken from a classic run on the title. Enjoy!
    I was reading up on this and I'm really interested in it. Above most of the others I listed. This will be the first full length (or any length, for that matter) Avengers story I read so I'm glad it's a critically acclaimed one. I hope I'm able to follow it easily when I read it, might have to do some backup reading before I start it though.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    It's got to have "written by" on or in it somewhere...
    im sure it does... but i got it in a trade online and the guy didnt mention who wrote it. all i know is its a tpb called Weapon X and it's not the AoA epic. so I assume it's the origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Weapon X, the Barry Windsor Smith mini? Enjoy, that's good stuff. Professor Thornton is devious enough as a villain to make your balls scurry up in you from fright.
    well if i didn't do that regularly on a nightly schedule already I'm sure i'd do it once i read it! ...just kidding. but I am excited to read it, whatever the heck it is.

Everything else with Weapon X on the cover is of various qualities. Some are good, some just enjoyable and some are better not remembered. If it's the Barry Windsor Smith it's for me the best Wolverine story ever writen. The art alone in this one is amazing. Wow, maybe I'll just reread it once more...
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

yup it's the Windsor Smith book, got this half in the mail today (Hedge Knight, Sworn Sword, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Origins and Weapon X)

I'm very excited to start Weapon X but it's between the Hedge Knight and Ultimate X-Men right now. And it's gonna take a lot for me to not start right into Invincible Iron Man when it gets to my house tomorrow.