Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i cannot wait to see him interact with Strange. they would make an awesome Odd Couple.
    Stephen and Nick will either get along like a house on fire or rub each other entirely the wrong way at all times. Still, I doubt they could bring Nick Fury into the group without Strange's approval, so he must be resigned to it.

How's Nick going to take being in a group without being the leader?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Stephen and Nick will either get along like a house on fire or rub each other entirely the wrong way at all times. Still, I doubt they could bring Nick Fury into the group without Strange's approval, so he must be resigned to it.
    i'm not sure that Strange has all that much say in who joins. the Concordance Engine seems to have the wheel. they are all linked by knowledge of the engine. plus, i think they might actually seek Nick out for his knowledge in this case. Daniel is supposed to approach Nick but not be able to vocalize anything about the engine (from Fraction's earlier interviews). back to how different Strange and Fury are. one has had his longevity increased by magic. the other by science. one has spent his life defending the world against the other dimensional. Fury has spent his life secretly holding earth-based threats at bay. one is an educated former surgeon. the other got his education on the battlefield. if Strange is sorceror supreme. and Pym is scientist supreme. surely, Fury must be the universe's supreme something. all in all, i don't think Nick likes hippies. and Strange is sort of a hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    How's Nick going to take being in a group without being the leader?
    he won't. he'll probably fight Stephen the entire way. but, then again, hasn't that always been what the Avengers is about? Namor's a king. Hulk is as anti-authority as it gets. they are all walking nitroglycerin. Fury fits by not fitting.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Default MCU:Battlescars

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Again, WHERE does this erroneous statement come from? Secret Warriors ended late last year. You remember, the ongoing series headlined by Classic Nick Fury?

O_O

Really? You don't understand why editorial insisted Marcus Johnson dump his name and take Nick Fury's name? I guess you didn't read the article, where 4 of the 5 paragraphs are talking about Fake Fury, or any of this thread.
    You are right here that not enough people bothered to follow Secret Warriors which was one of the best parts of Dark Reign.I wonder what the numbers were on it's entire run. Yes, I did read the article and what happens in the movie and what may transpire in further comic runs with Marcus/Fury Jr. aren't neccessarily going to jibe no matter what Yost has to say about it. If he thinks they have laid down a plotline that will explain a line of succession as to why the cinemas Fury is different from Classic Fury they would have to have had Classic Fury somewhere in the movies in major scenes.The people who don't already read the comics are not going to even be aware there are different Fury's or care about Battlescars because they don't read comics. As someone here mentioned, the firing of Harras, because he failed to spew out X men comics tied in with the first 3 X movies was to his credit because the X movie continuity was terrible and it wouldn't have worked anyway to bring more readers in and it would have lost them long time fans as well.. It won't work now either. I just want to enjoy the mini arc on it's own and if Marvel/Alonso/Yost take Marcus/Fury Jr. in ridiculous directions then there are other comics to buy out there.