I actually watch it as

Captain America
    Hulk
    Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers

And I watch Hulk as a "this is how it started" and Incredible Hulk as "this is how it is going after" :) but the only reason I watch the Hulks with it at all is because he is in Avengers I have yet to see any reason to watch them at all as the only tie in I see to the Avengers is the end credit with Tony Stark other wise I watch it:

Iron Man
    Captain America
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers :)
    Last edited by Biliegh; 08-22-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Cap america should be before Avengers since the last scene of Cap waking up in the present was a prelude to the avengers since Cap was only awake for like a few weeks before being drafted by Fury into the avengers.

BANNED

Somebody actually put together an amazingly solid fan edit. Cut it all up and put everything in order. If you're really serious about a proper chronology, that info is out there.

This is what the goddamn batman is speaking about.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...aad4f8d5ea.jpg

I never had the chance to see it but apparently there was an amazing fan edit compiling all the phase 1 films into a mega film done by some Snake Charmer guy.
    It is discussed/reviewed in interesting detail here. http://www.justpressplay.net/article...-hour-cut.html

I've preodered the Phase 1 boxset and although I don't support pirating for the most part I'll definitely be grabbing the HD version of this when it is made and enjoying it with a group of hardcore Marvel fans as a prelude to Phase 2.
    Last edited by Groot; 08-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    This is what the goddamn batman is speaking about.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...aad4f8d5ea.jpg

I never had the chance to see it but apparently there was an amazing fan edit compiling all the phase 1 films into a mega film done by some Snake Charmer guy.
    It is discussed/reviewed in interesting detail here. http://www.justpressplay.net/article...-hour-cut.html

I've preodered the Phase 1 boxset and although I don't support pirating for the most part I'll definitely be grabbing the HD version of this when it is made and enjoying it with a group of hardcore Marvel fans as a prelude to Phase 2.
    This is pretty off-topic but after reading the MCU Timeline, I think Marvel's universe just sounds more interesting than DC's. I'm a person that usually prefers DC because of Batman, Superman, and the other DC cartoons but it seems Marvel's universe has more to it than DC. Do I think this because I don't have any knowledge of each companies comics and because Marvel's Cinematic Universe is just put together extremely well? Or am I correct in thinking overall Marvel has a better universe than DC?

I don't want this to be a flame war or anything between DC fans and Marvel fans, luckily it doesn't seem like their are a lot of people here that take things out of context. Sorry for being off topic, by the way. I just couldn't help myself.

Though I might as well add in my two cents, I guess. Personally I prefer things in release date order, although the chronological order cut sounds extremely interesting and I think if I ever get a chance I'll watch it that way. I wonder if this SnakeCharmer guy will splice in The Avengers making this epic even longer. Since I've only seen The Avengers once, is anything in the film not in chronological order?

If your knowledge is largely Marvel over DC, that's why you're going to think that. But then there's the fact that DC and Warner haven't had a chance to build a cinematic universe. But, they did build up an animated universe from 1992-2006 that is every bit as detailed as the live action Marvel film series. In terms of comics, both have their pluses and minuses.

Potentially, Amazing Spider-Man might fit in there somewhere. I'm inclined to think it'd be before Avengers, since reports of a lizard man in New York shouldn't be so quickly dismissed after an alien invasion and superhero battle.

I am definitely going to have to watch that Assemble fan edit, if I can find it. I saw the threatrical marathon on opening day, and they were in order of release. Actually splicing the movies together could be really cool. A shame it doesn't seem to included the Incredible Hulk's opening, which is basically his origin story. Or the deleted opening scene, which may be what's referenced in Avengers when Banner reveals he once tried to kill himself.
    Last edited by Jared; 08-23-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    That Thor ending bit made me think Skarsgard's character was Loki(or that Loki was controlling him) all along, like everything that happened in Thor was part of some big master plan of Loki's. And then the Avengers movie never did anything with that, and made that scene totally pointless, which is weird because that scene was done by the guy who did The Avengers.

Didn't Loki get to the Tesseract by possessing Skarsgard?
    My memory is choppy but I'm pretty sure that plot point played perfectly in the Avengers, it's just that he wasn't possessed the whole time is all.

I also don't see why we'd try to fit Spider-man or even Ang's Hulk into the continuity of these films.
    The Hulk in Angs is quite different than the one in the current cinematic universe, christ he even morphs to different sizes!

As for Spider-man he is completely self-contained in his own little world and treated as a unique entity in a world of normal people, this will become more apparent with the sequels.

Didn't Loki get to the Tesseract by possessing Skarsgard?
    My memory is choppy but I'm pretty sure that plot point played perfectly in the Avengers, it's just that he wasn't possessed the whole time is all.

I also don't see why we'd try to fit Spider-man or even Ang's Hulk into the continuity of these films.
    The Hulk in Angs is quite different than the one in the current cinematic universe, christ he even morphs to different sizes!

As for Spider-man he is completely self-contained in his own little world and treated as a unique entity in a world of normal people, this will become more apparent with the sequels.
    No, he got it when they opened a portal and Loki came to Earth for seemingly the first time, then Loki took Skarsgard and a few others with him; if Loki didn't have control over him the whole time than that plot point doesn't play out perfectly in The Avengers. The Thor ending implies that Loki has, at the least, had his hooks in Skarsgard's character since he was brought on to work on the Tesseract...this never comes up in the Avengers movies. The Thor ending seems to hint at a Avengers movie where Loki is manipulating everything like in The Ultimates 2.

I would go with
    Captain america
    Iron man
    Hulk
    Iron man 2
    Thor
    AVENGERS

Question

Where/how do I get a hold of one of these mega mash ups by Snake Charmer? I tried looking on piratebay but all i could find by the name "Avengers Assemble" all I got was the avengers movie. Is there a special place to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Potentially, Amazing Spider-Man might fit in there somewhere. I'm inclined to think it'd be before Avengers, since reports of a lizard man in New York shouldn't be so quickly dismissed after an alien invasion and superhero battle.
    Until it actually happens, I think it's best to wait to add it as a viewing order. Much less a montage.