Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Avengers Movie Marathon Order

I'm looking to to an Avengers Movie Marathon, and I am trying to decide what is the best order.

Here is the order I was planning on using, feel free to correct me:

1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Iron Man 2
    4. Hulk (Ed Norton)
    5. Thor

Seems like the most chronological to me...

I think that the Incredible Hulk should go between the two Iron Man films.

Any indication of when the scene where Capt. America wakes up in the present would fit? I'd like to think it was after the Hulk film.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

I think it should be in the order released, because Coulson randomly popping up with no introduction from Iron Man 1 makes no sense. Also Cap waking up in the present should be last because it really sets the scene for the Avengers.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Any indication of when the scene where Capt. America wakes up in the present would fit? I'd like to think it was after the Hulk film.
    I think that is one of the very last scenes before the start of the Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think it should be in the order released, because Coulson randomly popping up with no introduction from Iron Man 1 makes no sense. Also Cap waking up in the present should be last because it really sets the scene for the Avengers.
    I would have to agree too.

Or, you could watch it first, stop it before he wakes up, watch the other ones, then come back to the last scenes in Captain America.

I'd probably put Thor before Iron man myself

My order would be:

Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Incredible Hulk
    Captain America
    Avengers
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

"Captain America"
    "Iron Man"
    "Iron Man 2"
    "Thor"
    "Incredible Hulk"
    "The Avengers"

What the...?

I'd go with release order since the first Iron Man and Cap are the strongest movies and book end niclely but chronologically I say your list is sound. Are you including the Coulson shorts?

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I think the Avengers prelude comic puts it around the same time or after Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    I'd go with release order since the first Iron Man and Cap are the strongest movies and book end niclely but chronologically I say your list is sound. Are you including the Coulson shorts?
    For me, I put Thor before Hulk since Coulson leaves for New Mexico midway through and arrives at the end credits. Stark going to Ross after being allowed into the Avengers makes the most sense. Coulson appearing in "Captain America" isn't a problem since you get to learn about him more as the series goes along.

The Fury's Big Week comic makes things fairly clear.

Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Incredible Hulk and Thor happen more or less simultaneously, but I believe still Hulk before Thor.
    Captain America framing sequences.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Thing is Coulson isn't in Captain America. Well at least Clark Gregg isn't. So it that shouldn't affect the viewing order. I do like Mat001's viewing order. His is the order I plan to watch them in.

"Captain America"
    "Iron Man"
    "Iron Man 2"
    "Thor"
    "Incredible Hulk"
    "The Avengers"

Makes the most sense. To me when Cap wakes up at the end in present time, they could have had him in hiding the whole time the other movies are taking place. Would make sense when Fury mentions the Avengers Initiative and their being a much bigger world out there that he is referring to Cap and they started their plans once he was revived. Really the only scene that belongs right before the Avengers from Cap is the scene after the credits and since they used that in the Avengers Trailer i could easily see that scene being incorporated into the Avengers movie.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    For me, I put Thor before Hulk since Coulson leaves for New Mexico midway through and arrives at the end credits. Stark going to Ross after being allowed into the Avengers makes the most sense. Coulson appearing in "Captain America" isn't a problem since you get to learn about him more as the series goes along.
    Yeah but by the end of Iron Man 2 you see the college campus destruction is on the news so a good chunk of the movie takes place at the same time as Iron Man 2. And the Stark scene can take place while Coulson was in New Mexico (there's a short on the Thor dvd that tries explain why Stark is talking to Ross). I'm also pretty sure from the trailers Tony isn't inducted into Avengers before the movie.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 04-23-2012 at 08:44 PM.

What the...?

I think if you are basing the order on the after credit scenes you'll give yourself a headache. I would treat them as flashforwards. Short of reediting the movies you are not going to get a perfect chronological telling. I mean Odin telling young Thor and Loki about the war with the Frost giants takes place hundreds of years before Cap.