Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'm guessing Helspont has used some sort of alien parasite that places Superman in a dream scenario where he's seen by the world as a villain. Sort of like the Black Mercy from "For the Man Who Has Everything". On the cover, he has tentacles coming out of his mouth.
    I figure it's something along those lines, too, along with:

'...it [being] internal, with Helspont trying to take control of Kal and these things (the Amazons, the tech-cops, GL, etc) are 'avatars' in the mindrealm that are trying to subdue and then subvert Kal and he's fighting them off (but still, instinctively, saving them...).'

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yeah. Me too. However the first thing I'd do would be to bring back the old costume and undo the "reversing" of the Lois and Clark marriage, so I'd doubt they would even want me. I would be cheap though. Supply me with free comics and I would be happy.
    Your Hired.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979
    Yeah. Me too. However the first thing I'd do would be to bring back the old costume and undo the "reversing" of the Lois and Clark marriage, so I'd doubt they would even want me. I would be cheap though. Supply me with free comics and I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Your Hired.

Gosh darn it!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Gosh darn it!

:P
    Ok then, MOS you take Superman and adkal takes Action. That way we all win. How does that sound?

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

I'm for that. I'd let Dan Jurgens draw my book (if he asks nice enough) and Tom Grummett for Adkal's book. What do ya say Adkal?

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    Ok then, MOS you take Superman and adkal takes Action. That way we all win. How does that sound?
    Sounds like a plan I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by paulski View Post
    Ehn, it's okay. Better than the Perez run at the very least. I just don't understand why DC can't get some 'bigger' talent on the Superman book, though.
    It's pretty sad when Giffen and Jurgens are no longer considered big talent, considering their output of work and years in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm for that. I'd let Dan Jurgens draw my book (if he asks nice enough) and Tom Grummett for Adkal's book. What do ya say Adkal?
    SERIOUSLY?!

Tom Grummett!?

How the heck did you know he's one of my favourites?

Where do I sign?!

And if he's not around then maybe Kerry Gammill?

;)

Just so I know, no one's averse to:

time-travel
    intergalactic
    multi-dimensional

stuff

or

global
    human-tethered
    closer-to-home

stuff, are they?

It's just, well, I'd have a series of 4-5 issue arcs with a couple of 'done in one' issues to buffer things.

SERIOUSLY?!

Tom Grummett!?

How the heck did you know he's one of my favourites?

Where do I sign?!

And if he's not around then maybe Kerry Gammill?

;)
    Let's get this going. Hey Dan ... Oh wait Didio doesn't care what we think anyway. :(

Just so I know, no one's averse to:

time-travel
    intergalactic
    multi-dimensional

stuff

or

global
    human-tethered
    closer-to-home

stuff, are they?

It's just, well, I'd have a series of 4-5 issue arcs with a couple of 'done in one' issues to buffer things.
    I like it all. I like a good mix of fun sci-fi and cosmic adventures with some real character driven closer to home stuff. So this all works for me :)

Okay, so...next stop:

49,940 BCE

Where, with his powers on the fritz due to a combination of the magic of Felix Faust and Klarion (which shunted him back through time) and the atmospheric effects of a certain meteor, a 'raging god with eyes of fire' finds himself freeing and leading a number of oppressed tribes from the machinations of a certain off-worlder...

Then we have:

'Clark Kent and the Strange Request of the Woman With No Voice'

followed by:

'...and from that day on I vowed to do my utmost to put an end to the poaching ravaging my country', a 'documentary' of how, 10 years ago, a number of the most sought after and successful poachers across a dozen countries changed their ways.

We then move on to:

'With this key, I...' where the lives of the beings of the 5th dimension are at stake and Mxy's brother and sister seek out Superman's help.

Before we take a 'break' with

'All these powers and I couldn't...' where, prompted by the outbursts of various religious leaders, Kal-El sits with them to discuss how he is and always will be 'a friend'.

I would read the sh*t out of the MXYZPTLK story, all day brother.

As with all stories and works...some garner more interest than others. Here are a couple of others:

To Kill a Mockingbird

(A 'back-up' story set around the first year of Clark's arrival in Metropolis.)

Aziza Rashid is five years old, speaks English really well (albeit with a strange accent) and lives with 17 other people in a rented apartment in the section of Metropolis known as 'Suicide Slum'. She attends the 'school' in the basement of the building during the day along with a dozen other children who live in the apartments in the building.

Her mother and father were 'brought over' by the playboy son of a Middle Eastern businessman after a year or so of working in his 'estate' in Geneva.

She has a new neighbour: Clark Kent.

It is forbidden!
    When an earthquake and mudslide render a number of villages inaccessible to conventional aid, Superman steps up to volunteer his services...but is turned down...and any indication of his (or any foreign 'super') presence would be declared an act of war...

I'd rather be a supernova...
    Millions of lightyears away, trapped in the midst of the implosion of a star, a planet and its population prepares for its end. Although protected from the destructive forces bombarding them as their sun's deaththroes continue decades after it had imploded, the planet is slowly being drawn into the gravity well that is growing where their sun used to be. Dozens of Lanterns have arrived on the scene, the survival of the planet previously going unnoticed, but their power rings are of no use...the time distortion caused by the gravity well drains their rings within minutes once they pass the event horizon...

When a god tells you to kneel!
    In the Phantom Zone...nothing ages...nothing changes...nothing grows...

The rages, ill-wishes and hatred of those imprisoned...remains.

As does one desire they all share:

To not be there in the first place.

The worries of a father...
    Sam Lane is considered by some to be a hero.

Respected. Honoured.

Feared.

His approval of John Corben for his daughter was met, silently, with resentment by other potential suitors.

Her interest in 'the alien'...amusement.

Sam Lane is considered by some to be a hero.

Respected. Honoured.

...derided...

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    I would read the sh*t out of the MXYZPTLK story, all day brother.
    It's a bit of a messy one - it ties in with the idea of Superman being a 'solid' aspect of space-time, becoming more so over the duration of his career. The disruption of 'magic' means Captain Marv...Shazam (sorry) isn't in a position to help but the concept of Superman and his links to Mxy (and Mxy's comic book collection) puts Superman in a better position, despite his vulnerability to aspects of magic...