Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I didn't have to squint...

There are zoom functions on the various browsers (Ctrl + on IE, Cntrl ++ on Firefox), not that I used them, but they're there...

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Awesome thanks!
    Action Comics, Animal Man, Aquaman, Batman, Batman And Robin, Batwing, The Flash, Superman, Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Didn't last month's end with Lucy at the station?
    Yes, but Superman was done for the count after suffering a blast from Helspont.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Saved us from squinting like a boss! *Arnold's face suits the "like a boss" perfectly*

The artwork looks even better here, I particularly love the lower flying shot:

Surprised to be saying this but I'm anticipating this book a lot more now, it's basically just straight forward fun Superman comics.

I'm guessing Helspont has used some sort of alien parasite that places Superman in a dream scenario where he's seen by the world as a villain. Sort of like the Black Mercy from "For the Man Who Has Everything". On the cover, he has tentacles coming out of his mouth.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Boy does Superman look shinny.

Looking forward to this, Lois's sister is a pretty interesting character. And while I am usually a guy who likes the new suit, my god does this art make the costume look terrible with all the details on the armor.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looking forward to this, Lois's sister is a pretty interesting character. And while I am usually a guy who likes the new suit, my god does this art make the costume look terrible with all the details on the armor.
    That's not Dan's fault. You could do so much with what he has to work with. It actually looks good for what it is.

The "shine effect" for some reason looked an awful lot better with Nicola Scott's pencils...is this a different colorist? Sometimes it really adds something to the overall look, but in this case it is indeed a bit too much.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The "shine effect" for some reason looked an awful lot better with Nicola Scott's pencils...is this a different colorist? Sometimes it really adds something to the overall look, but in this case it is indeed a bit too much.
    Nope, the Hories colored Superman #6 with Nicola as well although before that issue it was Brett Smith.

I really find it hard to believe that there is not more outcry about Superman wearing a armor suit. If this was 10 or even 5 years ago people would be losing there mind. Has there been that much of a turn over in that short a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I really find it hard to believe that there is not more outcry about Superman wearing a armor suit. If this was 10 or even 5 years ago people would be losing there mind. Has there been that much of a turn over in that short a time.
    Maybe it's because he still has powers independent of the suit.

There's not much outcry because I don't think its a big deal to too many people exactly what a costume is described as being made out of. Call it armor, call them pajamas, its really not that critical. Unless the suit starts protecting him from things his own innate invunerablility should protect him from, I just don't think many care what its called, as shown by the lack of complaining about it. Addtionally, it was presented in a reasonable context as to why he'd wear it in the first place.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-23-2012 at 08:02 PM.