Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Interesting......
    I thought it would have picked up where last month left off. But then again, these pages could be from the middle of the book also.

Those guys in armor will never stop calling Supes an "it" will they?

Pretty sure that is in his head, or something.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Pretty sure that is in his head, or something.
    Plausible, and that would be a much more interesting option than "he is mindcontrolled.....again" (considering the last time the "Superman wasn"t himself" scenario was......two issues ago?). Does any one know if Hellspont has any kind of "make you live a negative version of your life" power?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

How do I zoom in? I can't see a thing

Okay, after a lot of squinting, sentences I found interesting: " Focus, you saw what it did to the 'amazon'", "Where's that clown with a ring" (I LOL-ed here) and " Think we got it angry?"... I gotta say this looks pretty good. We might get to see a superman vs JL again which is kinda cool :)

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    Interesting......
    I thought it would have picked up where last month left off. But then again, these pages could be from the middle of the book also.
    Didn't last month's end with Lucy at the station?

Those guys in armor will never stop calling Supes an "it" will they?
    Maybe they're seeing an 'it' in a Superman suit?

(I'm hoping...I mean...if they're calling him an 'it' 5 years after he's been active then...well, Earth-Man will probably have it easy a thousand years from now...)

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Dan Jurgens is the man. Only he being one of the very few that could get me back to reading Superman now. Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Plausible, and that would be a much more interesting option than "he is mindcontrolled.....again" (considering the last time the "Superman wasn"t himself" scenario was......two issues ago?). Does any one know if Hellspont has any kind of "make you live a negative version of your life" power?
    He's got telpathic abilities so it could very well extend to that. But they'd just as easily be applied for mind control

I tend to think it's a dream sequence, though. It's just too much to have the constant 'hate and fear' bit right away.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    He's got telpathic abilities so it could very well extend to that. But they'd just as easily be applied for mind control

I tend to think it's a dream sequence, though. It's just too much to have the constant 'hate and fear' bit right away.
    Hope so. A mind contolled Superman right now would really be a turned off to me.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

He's still 'aware' enough to save two of the armoured guys - maybe it's a flip of issue 2? He can see the bad guy but they can't...

Or it is internal, with Helspont trying to take control of Kal and these things (the Amazons, the tech-cops, GL, etc) are 'avatars' in the mindrealm that are trying to subdue and then subvert Kal and he's fighting them off (but still, instinctively, saving them...).

Or maybe I should just wait until Wednesday night...

:P

Besides, the fight's happening in Metropolis, so Lois would know...

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Dan Jurgens is the man. Only he being one of the very few that could get me back to reading Superman now. Looking forward to this.
    Heck ya he is hope things turn around in JLI been really mediocre
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    He's still 'aware' enough to save two of the armoured guys - maybe it's a flip of issue 2? He can see the bad guy but they can't...

Or it is internal, with Helspont trying to take control of Kal and these things (the Amazons, the tech-cops, GL, etc) are 'avatars' in the mindrealm that are trying to subdue and then subvert Kal and he's fighting them off (but still, instinctively, saving them...).

Or maybe I should just wait until Wednesday night...

:P
    This makes a lot of sense you know

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I didn't feel like squinting, but I really enjoy the new art for this book. I dropped it after issue 1, and picked it back up when the new team came on board, and I'm enjoying it.