Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well, maybe. But, people only deal with secrets so long before they drop a book. I know I wouldn't want secret after secret after secret without telling us a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    You don't actually think Azzarello is going to give you the truth, do you? He likes the mystery and suspence, so I wouldn't be surprised if #0 just gives us more questions.
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Sorry, Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    [Deleted]

Bah...Aegis got to you first :)
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    ... Yes, I do think some newer fans may leave when Azzarello leaves the book or if the book returns to what it was pre-Azz...
    On this note, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if some choose to leave after Azzarello is done. I don't want them to leave. It'd be great to have more WW fans in general. What I mean is that I've come and gone with different characters and different creators. Sometimes I only want to read a story or two, and that's fine. So if some only want to read WW for a short stint, see what Azzarello and company have to say in this case, that's fine, too (in my book).
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Well, maybe. But, people only deal with secrets so long before they drop a book. I know I wouldn't want secret after secret after secret without telling us a few things.
    Oh, I agree - I think you can drag out storylines too long, and it's a fine balance knowing when and how much to reveal.
    - Longfellow

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    You don't actually think Azzarello is going to give you the truth, do you? He likes the mystery and suspence, so I wouldn't be surprised if #0 just gives us more questions.
    Well, hopefully he meant what he told Newarama:

"We've asked a lot of questions over the first seven issues. It's time now to provide some of the answers."

Of course, we should note the word "some," and he may ask new questions at the same time (or soon afterwards). But that just keeps it interesting, to me.

I know, I was just joking. I suspect we'll be getting some answers - he does say we'll be getting some, major things will be happening, and the story breaks with #12 - so a #0 then seems like it could be a good fit, and a good time for a look into some of the questions raised thus far.
    - Longfellow

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Look, Dr. Hurt, most of the people who do not like the newcomers for this reason. Many people here do believe that the key to bringing back the old WW is to 'eliminate' our people.
    Well I'm sorry but that is just silly.

Wonder Woman will be back, this I know, as surely as Supergirl is Clarks cousin and Barry Allen is the Flash.

But I hope that nobody here is foolish enough to believe that this will happen because people liking the book now are made to hate it.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

This is true. I know folks who gave up on the Red Hulk story for just this reason.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    So... What do people think the 0 issue will be about?
    Hopefully the origin. We've had hints that it's not exactly how it happened before, mainly that WW just left and wasnt sent as a representative of the Amazons, and they just wanted to be left alone.

I also enjoyed Johns' happy, swashbuckling WW a ton, so i'm hoping for an origin where she leaves the island a spoiled princess who is brash, loves adventure and fun, and doesnt want to grow up or be the perfect fighter because her immortal (?) mother will always be around and the Amazons never really fought anyone besides themselves. But then throughout the story she matures and learns to be responsible, improves her fighting skills because with them she can serve others and the Amazons, etc, etc.

I also have a nice scene in my mind where the bad guys shoot arrows at her but she's not good enough to deflect them all, because she simply didnt care enough to get good at it. So she gets wounded but soldiers on, and of course by the end of the story she gets good at it.

Just my throughts. The new 52 has made my imagination go wild. However i dont know if other fans would like such a story. Even for a young WW, being imperfect is blasphemy.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 04-23-2012 at 04:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well I'm sorry but that is just silly.

Wonder Woman will be back, this I know, as surely as Supergirl is Clarks cousin and Barry Allen is the Flash.

But I hope that nobody here is foolish enough to believe that this will happen because people liking the book now are made to hate it.
    yeah I know it is pretty silly, that is why I said it...

The 0 issue will probably be about her and Steve Trevor's relationship, we have this Hell storyline going on until #12 and it seems unlikely that he'll show up during the next 4 months.

This is true. I know folks who gave up on the Red Hulk story for just this reason.
    It could also have been because of current Jeph Loeb, which is more likely.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    The 0 issue will probably be about her and Steve Trevor's relationship
    Yeah, it could be about his coming to the island and her origin. If so, maybe they'll have Geoff Johns write it. Bleeding Cool said there's be some surprise creators. And they might be able to include some teasers for the upcoming Pandora /"Trinity War" stuff. They could get a lot of JL fans, and Johns fans in general, to give Wonder Woman a(nother) try.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Just my throughts. The new 52 has made my imagination go wild. However i dont know if other fans would like such a story. Even for a young WW, being imperfect is blasphemy.
    Something very similar was done in Wonder Woman Secret Files and Origins #1, "Vulnerability"; would have been the late 1990s. If I am remembering right, Joanna Sandsmark was the author. (Ou sont les fans d'antan?)
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Indeed. My hope that once this story arc is finally over, at least some people will have acquired a liking for the character herself; and as such they learn to enjoy her more straightforward adventures in a happier setting. I've no great confidence any more that DC will be able to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Yeah, it could be about his coming to the island and her origin. If so, maybe they'll have Geoff Johns write it. Bleeding Cool said there's be some surprise creators. And they might be able to include some teasers for the upcoming Pandora /"Trinity War" stuff. They could get a lot of JL fans, and Johns fans in general, to give Wonder Woman a(nother) try.
    And hopefully, the issue immediately succeeding it will be a logical point of entry into whatever story's being told then.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Something very similar was done in Wonder Woman Secret Files and Origins #1, "Vulnerability"; would have been the late 1990s. If I am remembering right, Joanna Sandsmark was the author. (Ou sont les fans d'antan?)
    is that Seperatism?