Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I do get fed up with people coming in and saying "Wonder Woman's never been interesting to me. Now that she's suitably tormented and her world's been made ugly, I can get into this." It's especially irksome when they add "DC had to do it to sell the book, to make it modern. It was too pretty and too perfect before."

People who say this, by definition, are people who formerly had no interest in the character and no commitment to the title. They are ruining the book and the character for those who were interested before, and applauding another stale story involving the destruction of Wonder Woman's world, of the kind we've seen over and over again over the past ten years. Doing this pursuant to a company wide reboot raises the stakes as well. I do not want the current state of the book to become its long term state. I will complain until the threat is past.
    Complain somewhere else then, this is getting stupid and repetitive to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    ... You know what, I should just stop coming to this board...
    I, for one, hope you don't go. I'm glad to see new readers (the old ones are getting old ).

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    ... I'm sure I'll find myself just at home in the middle of those pretentious, artsy snobs.
    So, you're admitting that you are a "pretentious, artsy snob"?
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Complain somewhere else then, this is getting stupid and repetitive to listen to.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Can't we all try to get along a little better? Please? Do we need to try and push others out? After all, it's just a comic, right?

I know the same-old same-old gets old. But, if you want, you don't have to "listen" at all - feel free to skip posts/posters.

:)
    - Longfellow

BANNED

I do get fed up with people coming in and saying "Wonder Woman's never been interesting to me. Now that she's suitably tormented and her world's been made ugly, I can get into this." It's especially irksome when they add "DC had to do it to sell the book, to make it modern. It was too pretty and too perfect before."

People who say this, by definition, are people who formerly had no interest in the character and no commitment to the title. They are ruining the book and the character for those who were interested before, and applauding another stale story involving the destruction of Wonder Woman's world, of the kind we've seen over and over again over the past ten years. Doing this pursuant to a company wide reboot raises the stakes as well. I do not want the current state of the book to become its long term state. I will complain until the threat is past.
    When I say this is the first time I ever liked WW, keep in mind, I have never bought a WW comic before or a comic ever before the N52. I have said too that I would purchase Morrison's WW too which is more pure I guess. Its just WW never stood out as a character I liked in the JL cartoon.

BANNED

Pony! Pony! Pony!

Dude, if he annoys you that much then just add him to your ignore list.

It seems to me that many of the people who are applauding this run had no interest in the book or the character before Azzarello. If you were a reader before Azzarello, you might find this storyline a lot less original or intriguing than those who did not.
    I liked Wonder Woman before this run, and I was at least generally famiiar with Azzarello's style before he started this run. Yet I'm enjoying this tale a lot.

So... What do people think the 0 issue will be about?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    $2.99

Perhaps how and why she left in the first place? Maybe how she ended up in London? I'd like to see more back-story for the Amazons themselves, if we haven't by then.
    - Longfellow

There's room on this forum for every single Wonder Woman fan, new or veteran. Yes, I do think some newer fans may leave when Azzarello leaves the book or if the book returns to what it was pre-Azz. Do I think that's true of all new fans? Of course not.

I really don't see how arguing who's a better fan or who IS a true fan of anything accomplishes something. Just learn to ignore people you don't like and engage the one's you do.

C'mon, guys. Just because we appear as text here doesn't mean we're not people, too. Just be respectful of one another. Argue the SUBJECT, not the POSTER.
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    According to what I heard, it's all about origins across the board.

Now that would be an interesting read. I would love to see a WW origin Azz-style, just so we know what's true and what's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    According to what I heard, it's all about origins across the board.
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

[Deleted]

Bah...Aegis got to you first :)
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    Now that would be an interesting read. I would love to see a WW origin Azz-style, just so we know what's true and what's not.
    You don't actually think Azzarello is going to give you the truth, do you? He likes the mystery and suspence, so I wouldn't be surprised if #0 just gives us more questions.
    - Longfellow