View Poll Results: Which side are you on?

Voters
22. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • The City

    3 13.64%
  • Tian

    19 86.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    The People were made by the same government. Xorn and Zorn work for that government. The whole creation of The People started with stopping the mutant race from expanding.
    No the People were created by scientists after the scientists found a way to wipe out the X-gene.

    It was man that stopped the X-Gene from spreading. Not Celestial or Eternal. Mankind did that.

    So by your logic, the humans are bad and they deserve to die.

    Also, why is it that you think someone should die just because you think they're bad. You're still in school aren't you Wyo? When you grow up you'll find that the world aint as black and white as it seems.

  2. #17
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    No the People were created by scientists after the scientists found a way to wipe out the X-gene.

    It was man that stopped the X-Gene from spreading. Not Celestial or Eternal. Mankind did that.

    So by your logic, the humans are bad and they deserve to die.

    Also, why is it that you think someone should die just because you think they're bad. You're still in school aren't you Wyo? When you grow up you'll find that the world aint as black and white as it seems.
    I graduated high school last year. The People could only be made because mutant kind was wiped out. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they are letting the mutants gather there was so they could kill them all off entirely.

  3. #18
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,877

    Default

    Definitely siding with Ti'an. In spite of the fact that both are currently viewed as threats and we still don't know much of what The People's plans are, they've at least presented themselves as benevolent and don't mind sharing themselves with the world. The people on the other hand have acted under an even worse supremacist view than the Nazi doing nothing but killing and taking parts of Europe for their own with plans of continued expansion. They've brought nothing to the world other than a massive threat.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I graduated high school last year. The People could only be made because mutant kind was wiped out.
    Ah so the People aren't responsible because they hadn't been born yet. Therefore they didn't commit genocide.


    I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they are letting the mutants gather there was so they could kill them all off entirely
    I wouldn't be surprised if you actually beleived that. I reckon you just think of the wildest thing and then try to do whatever you can to make your information appear correct. You don't even care about the accuracy of your statements and you foolishly blurt out crazy things, just because you don't care what people think and because you want to be different to everybody else. If everyone said ying, you'd say yang, just to be different. No logic behind the decision whatsoever. But who needs it when you've got a nerve like yours, willing to stand up against any abuse you may be given.

  5. #20
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Ah so the People aren't responsible because they hadn't been born yet. Therefore they didn't commit genocide.
    They indirectly committed genocide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if you actually beleived that. I reckon you just think of the wildest thing and then try to do whatever you can to make your information appear correct. You don't even care about the accuracy of your statements and you foolishly blurt out crazy things, just because you don't care what people think and because you want to be different to everybody else. If everyone said ying, you'd say yang, just to be different. No logic behind the decision whatsoever. But who needs it when you've got a nerve like yours, willing to stand up against any abuse you may be given.
    What has been given that says they won't? Your argument is just as "wild and crazy" as mine is. In fact I was surprised that others didn't see them as bad guys at all.

  6. #21
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    And no I don't just try and go against the curve. I create my own opinion and if it's different then others then tough shit.

  7. #22
    Somebody's Ceiling Time_to_Zap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Really old city
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    The City are like those mean kids in highschool who you know have reached the peak of their lives already; they're doomed...whereas the People are the fun, quirky ones who are different and cool with it, and could go anywhere.

    Tian FTW.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    They indirectly committed genocide.
    But man 'directly' commited genocide. Right? C'mon Wyo we're finally getting somewhere here. Surely?

    What has been given that says they won't?
    Xorn.
    He has no what they call a 'human agenda' (but of course he's not human but that's beside the point) so he has no selfish motive. If he is all knowing and spiritual then he'd be completely humanitarian. People say that right and wrong is a matter of perspective. But did you know that that's not true at all.

    Your argument is just as "wild and crazy" as mine is. In fact I was surprised that others didn't see them as bad guys at all
    Which argument would that be?
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.

  9. #24
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    But man 'directly' commited genocide. Right? C'mon Wyo we're finally getting somewhere here. Surely?


    Xorn.
    He has no what they call a 'human agenda' (but of course he's not human but that's beside the point) so he has so selfish motive. If he is all knowing and spiritual then he'd be completely humanitarian. People say that right and wrong is a matter of perspective. But did you know that that's not true at all.


    Which argument would that be?
    That they aren't evil.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Could you please answer all my questions. Pretty please.

  11. #26
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    But man 'directly' commited genocide. Right? C'mon Wyo we're finally getting somewhere here. Surely?

    Xorn.
    He has no what they call a 'human agenda' (but of course he's not human but that's beside the point) so he has so selfish motive. If he is all knowing and spiritual then he'd be completely humanitarian. People say that right and wrong is a matter of perspective. But did you know that that's not true at all.
    It's called lying. It's called power hungry. It's called sin. It's called imperfection. Xorn and Zorn are both HUMAN. In fact they all are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Which argument would that be?
    That they aren't evil.

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    It's called lying. It's called power hungry. It's called sin. It's called imperfection. Xorn and Zorn are both HUMAN. In fact they all are.
    But don't you see how uncalculated that assumption is? You're assuming things that are based on nothing.

    JUst listen to what you're saying for a second. You say that the People are so corrupt, you compare the paradise that you see in the comicbook to the corrupt democratic society of humans and suddenly you think that the People of Tian are bad people and that it's them who eradicated the X-Gene which it wasn't at all whatsoever? wtf? Nah. That's just fairy tale thinking right there.

    That they aren't evil.
    I don't see how they've done anything wrong. How are they evil?


    And stop being so vague. Do you have something against communitive discussion? I'm not being stupid here. You're just not communicating properly. Take the responsibility upon yourself to communicate well with other people instead of just playing games by being misleading. You do it all the time Wyo and you can't deny it. When somebody isn't understanding what I'm talking about, I do what I can to be informative and to make my information relatable in some way. But you're just being childish beyond belief. I literally don't beleive you. You are not over 16.

    And what do you mean by going against the curb? I'm not familiar with that terminology. Surely up against the curb would mean I'm stuck or something and I'm not getting anywhere? No? I havn't a clue what you're insinuating. Why speak in riddle all the time? You know I don't speak American.

  13. #28
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    But don't you see how uncalculated that assumption is? You're assuming things that are based on nothing.

    JUst listen to what you're saying for a second. You say that the People are so corrupt, you compare the paradise that you see in the comicbook to the corrupt democratic society of humans and suddenly you think that the People of Tian are bad people and that it's them who eradicated the X-Gene which it wasn't at all whatsoever? wtf? Nah. That's just fairy tale thinking right there.
    It's called a twist. It's basic storytelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    And stop being so vague. Do you have something against communitive discussion? I'm not being stupid here. You're just not communicating properly. Take the responsibility upon yourself to communicate well with other people instead of just playing games by being misleading. You do it all the time Wyo and you can't deny it. When somebody isn't understanding what I'm talking about, I do what I can to be informative and to make my information relatable in some way. But you're just being childish beyond belief. I literally don't beleive you. You are not over 16.

    And what do you mean by going against the curb? I'm not familiar with that terminology. Surely up against the curb would mean I'm stuck or something and I'm not getting anywhere? No? I havn't a clue what you're insinuating. Why speak in riddle all the time? You know I don't speak American.
    I'm not being vague. I shouldn't have to write a ten paragraph post to say why I think something. I've tried to be informative as I can to you.

    I don't purposely go against the curve. I don't purposely go against what is popular. I don't If I don't like something I'll say it no matter how many people may like it.

  14. #29
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,977

    Default

    Also I'm turning 20 in November.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    The People were made by the same government. Xorn and Zorn work for that government. The whole creation of The People started with stopping the mutant race from expanding.
    Um... No. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

    Relative to your first point (working for the same government), the People OVERTHREW a tyrannical government, then established an entirely new one based on liberty and equality in its place. Relative to your second point (about the People being bad guys), if we applied your logic to WWII, we'd be charging the Jews who established Israel afterwards with Nazi war crimes. They're victims carrying on (in spectacular fashion, mind you), not villains.

    I voted for the People, but I very well could see the Children winning also (and I'm sure I'd enjoy that also). Either way, I'm excited =D.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •