Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Upcoming Superman Collections

http://www.amazon.ca/Superman-Secret...5121494&sr=1-2

Superman: Secret Identity [Paperback]

http://www.amazon.ca/Adventures-Supe...5121650&sr=1-6

Adventures of Superman: Gil Kane [Hardcover]

I think these are collections people have wanted for some time.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Very cool to see Secret Identity being reprinted. Took me a long time to find that one, as I didn't want to pay an insane amount for it. Great story, and I read it at least twice a year.

I wish they'd make it an Absolute Edition.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    http://www.amazon.ca/Adventures-Supe...5121650&sr=1-6

Adventures of Superman: Gil Kane [Hardcover]
    This will be mine..

I guess with the Gil Kane book there won't be the problem that the artist centred books for Batman have--with only the parts of a continued story featuring that artist included in the collection. I don't think Gil Kane did many Superman stories that were continued from other artists.

It is too bad that there's this artistic bias where some artists are given the royal treatment and others are regarded as second class citizens (Curt Swan, Kurt Schaffenberger, Dick Dillin, Irv Novick, . . . ).

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    I wish they'd make it an Absolute Edition.
    I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    This will be mine..
    Lexrules, you and I don't seem to agree on much, but here I must soundly agree.
    That looks awesome, and Kane drew a number of fantastic Bronze Age stories.

I can hardly wait. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Lexrules, you and I don't seem to agree on much, but here I must soundly agree.
    That looks awesome, and Kane drew a number of fantastic Bronze Age stories.

I can hardly wait. :D
    Sometimes great minds think alike.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I guess with the Gil Kane book there won't be the problem that the artist centred books for Batman have--with only the parts of a continued story featuring that artist included in the collection. I don't think Gil Kane did many Superman stories that were continued from other artists.

It is too bad that there's this artistic bias where some artists are given the royal treatment and others are regarded as second class citizens (Curt Swan, Kurt Schaffenberger, Dick Dillin, Irv Novick, . . . ).
    Sorry, but hasn't Curt been honoured on many occasions?
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

I've never seen DC dedicate a hardcover book exclusively to Curt Swan. It happens that there are a lot of books with Curt Swan art in them, because Curt was prolific for a very long time. So there are Legion of Super-Heroes Archives that are almost completely composed of Curt Swan art--and there's the muddy scanned hardcover Kryptonite Nevermore book. But there aren't books dedicated to Curt Swan like there are books dedicated to Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, George Perez, Marshall Rogers, Gene Colan, Don Newton, and now Gil Kane.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

It's only because he is deceased; same as Jim Aparo; not "hot" enough, I guess. Or is it because he didn't also work at Marvel, like most of the names listed above.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I've never seen DC dedicate a hardcover book exclusively to Curt Swan. It happens that there are a lot of books with Curt Swan art in them, because Curt was prolific for a very long time. So there are Legion of Super-Heroes Archives that are almost completely composed of Curt Swan art--and there's the muddy scanned hardcover Kryptonite Nevermore book. But there aren't books dedicated to Curt Swan like there are books dedicated to Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, George Perez, Marshall Rogers, Gene Colan, Don Newton, and now Gil Kane.
    I agree. It is vital to put out a Swan Book.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I agree. It is vital to put out a Swan Book.
    Agreed. Swan is not my favorite all time "classic" Superman artist (that honor goes to Jose Garcia-lopez), he played such a vital role in the visual evolution of Superman from the original Joe Shuster model to the one we have today, and due to the fact he had worked on Superman from the 50's until the 80's ( and still drew Superman stuff up until his death in the mid 90's), he deserves his own "Best of" compilation. 30+ years on the character on an nearly monthly basis is nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Last-...ords=dc+comics

Superman: Last Son of Krypton [Paperback]
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

DC has released their Spring 2013 collection plans (here: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/06...or-spring-2013), and it includes the following Superman-related books:

JANUARY 2013
    The Culling: Rise of the Ravagers TP
    Writers: Scott Lobdell, Tom DeFalco
    Artists: R.B. Silva, Rob Lean, Pete Woods, Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, Ig Guara and J.P. Mayer
    Collects: LEGION LOST #8-9, SUPERBOY #8-9, TEEN TITANS #8-9 and TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #1
    $16.99 US, 176 pg

Superman: Last Son of Krypton TP
    Writers: Geoff Johns, Richard Donner, James Robinson and Sterling Gates
    Artists: Adam Kubert, Gary Frank, Jon Sibal, Bit, Stephane Roux, Pete Woods, Renato Guedes and Wilson Magalhaes
    Collects: ACTION COMICS #844-846, 851 and 866-870, ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #11 and SUPERMAN: NEW KRYPTON SPECIAL #1
    $16.99 US, 288 pg

Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 7 TP
    Writers: John Byrne and Jerry Ordway
    Artists: John Byrne, Jerry Ordway, Keith Williams, Leonard Starr, Karl Kesel and John Beatty
    Collects: SUPERMAN #13-15, ACTION COMICS #596-597 and ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #436-438
    $19.99 US, 192 pg

FEBRUARY 2013
    Superman: For Tomorrow TP
    Writer: Brian Azzarello
    Artists: Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Richard Friend, Sandra Hope and others
    Collects: SUPERMAN #204-215 and the JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA SPECIAL #1
    $19.99 US, 320 pg

Superman Vs. Shazam! TP
    Writers: Gerry Conway, Roy Thomas, Paul Kupperberg, Julius Schwartz and Joey Cavalieri
    Artists: Rich Buckler, Dick Giordano, John Calnan and Gil Kane
    Collects: ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION C-58, DC COMICS PRESENTS #33-34 and 49 and DC COMICS PRESENTS ANNUAL #3
    $19.99 US, 192 pg

MARCH 2013
    Showcase Presents: Superman Family Vol. 4 TP
    Writers: Otto Binder, Robert Bernstein, Jerry Siegel, Leo Dorfman
    Artists: Curt Swan, Stan Kaye, John Forte, Sheldon Moldoff, Al Plastino and Kurt Schaffenberger
    Collects: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #45-53 and SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE #17-26
    $19.99 US, 520 pg

Superman: Reign of Doomsday TP
    Writers: Paul Cornell, Damon Lindeloff, Paul Dini, Geoff Johns, David Goyer, Richard Donner, Derek Hoffman and Brian Stelfreeze
    Artists: Pete Woods, Jesus Merino, Kenneth Rocafort, Rags Morales, Dan Jurgens, Ardian Syaf, Gary Frank, Jamal Igle, Ryan Sook, R.B. Saf, Brian Stelfreeze and Matt Camp
    Collects: ACTION COMICS #900-904
    $16.99 US, 200 pg

Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus HC
    Writers: Louise Simonson, Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway, Dennis Janke, Roger Stern, Karl Kesel, Gerard Jones and William Messner-Loebs
    Artists: Jon Bogdanove, Dennis Janke, Brett Breeding, Pete Berardi, Joe Rubinstein, Dennis Janke, Tom Grummett, Doug Hazlewood, Jackson Guice, Denis Rodier, Rick Burchett, M.D. Bright, Romeo Tanghal, Walter Simonson, Mike Machlan, Curt Swan and Trevor Scott
    Collects: SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #17-26, SUPERMAN #73-82, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #496-505, ACTION COMICS #683-691, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #69, SUPERMAN: THE LEGACY OF SUPERMAN #1 and GREEN LANTERN #46
    $99.99 US, 954 pg

Superman vs. Zod TP
    Writers: Robert Bernstein, Cary Bates, Geoff Johns, Richard Donner and Steve Gerber
    Artists: George Papp, Curt Swan, Tex Blaisdell, Alex Saviuk, Vince Colletta, Pablo Marcos, Rags Morales, Mark Farmer, Tony Daniel, Rick Veitch and Bob Smith
    Collects: ADVENTURE COMICS #283, ACTION COMICS #473 and 548-549, DC COMICS PRESENTS #97 and ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #10
    $12.99 US, 144 pg

APRIL 2013
    Adventures of Superman: Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez HC
    Writers: Gerry Conway, Martin Pasko, Elliot Maggin, David Michelinie, Jack C. Harris, Len Wein and Roy Thomas
    Artists: Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Dan Adkins, Vince Colletta, Bob Oksner, Frank Springer, Steve Mitchell, Joe Giella and Dick Giordano
    Collects: SUPERMAN #294, 301-302, 307-309 and 347, ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION C-54 and DC COMICS PRESENTS #1-4, 17, 20, 24 and 31
    $39.99 US, 360 pg

Smallville Season 11 Vol. 1: The Guardian TP
    Writer: Bryan Q. Miller
    Artist: Pere Perez
    Collects: Smallville Season 11 #1-4
    $14.99 US, 144 pg

Superman Beyond: Man of Tomorrow TP
    Writer: Tom DeFalco, Paul Levitz and J.T. Krul
    Artists: Ron Frenz, Sal Buscema, Renato Guedes, Jose Wilson Magalhaes and Howard Porter
    Collects: Superman Beyond #0, superman beyond digital Chapters #1-10 and SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANNUAL #4
    $19.99 US, 192 pg

Quote Originally Posted by cdgodin View Post
    DC has released their Spring 2013 collection plans (here: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/06...or-spring-2013), and it includes the following Superman-related books:

JANUARY 2013
    The Culling: Rise of the Ravagers TP
    Writers: Scott Lobdell, Tom DeFalco
    Artists: R.B. Silva, Rob Lean, Pete Woods, Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, Ig Guara and J.P. Mayer
    Collects: LEGION LOST #8-9, SUPERBOY #8-9, TEEN TITANS #8-9 and TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #1
    $16.99 US, 176 pg

Superman: Last Son of Krypton TP
    Writers: Geoff Johns, Richard Donner, James Robinson and Sterling Gates
    Artists: Adam Kubert, Gary Frank, Jon Sibal, Bit, Stephane Roux, Pete Woods, Renato Guedes and Wilson Magalhaes
    Collects: ACTION COMICS #844-846, 851 and 866-870, ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #11 and SUPERMAN: NEW KRYPTON SPECIAL #1
    $16.99 US, 288 pg

Superman: The Man of Steel Vol. 7 TP
    Writers: John Byrne and Jerry Ordway
    Artists: John Byrne, Jerry Ordway, Keith Williams, Leonard Starr, Karl Kesel and John Beatty
    Collects: SUPERMAN #13-15, ACTION COMICS #596-597 and ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #436-438
    $19.99 US, 192 pg

FEBRUARY 2013
    Superman: For Tomorrow TP
    Writer: Brian Azzarello
    Artists: Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Richard Friend, Sandra Hope and others
    Collects: SUPERMAN #204-215 and the JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA SPECIAL #1
    $19.99 US, 320 pg

Superman Vs. Shazam! TP
    Writers: Gerry Conway, Roy Thomas, Paul Kupperberg, Julius Schwartz and Joey Cavalieri
    Artists: Rich Buckler, Dick Giordano, John Calnan and Gil Kane
    Collects: ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION C-58, DC COMICS PRESENTS #33-34 and 49 and DC COMICS PRESENTS ANNUAL #3
    $19.99 US, 192 pg

MARCH 2013
    Showcase Presents: Superman Family Vol. 4 TP
    Writers: Otto Binder, Robert Bernstein, Jerry Siegel, Leo Dorfman
    Artists: Curt Swan, Stan Kaye, John Forte, Sheldon Moldoff, Al Plastino and Kurt Schaffenberger
    Collects: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #45-53 and SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE #17-26
    $19.99 US, 520 pg

Superman: Reign of Doomsday TP
    Writers: Paul Cornell, Damon Lindeloff, Paul Dini, Geoff Johns, David Goyer, Richard Donner, Derek Hoffman and Brian Stelfreeze
    Artists: Pete Woods, Jesus Merino, Kenneth Rocafort, Rags Morales, Dan Jurgens, Ardian Syaf, Gary Frank, Jamal Igle, Ryan Sook, R.B. Saf, Brian Stelfreeze and Matt Camp
    Collects: ACTION COMICS #900-904
    $16.99 US, 200 pg

Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus HC
    Writers: Louise Simonson, Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway, Dennis Janke, Roger Stern, Karl Kesel, Gerard Jones and William Messner-Loebs
    Artists: Jon Bogdanove, Dennis Janke, Brett Breeding, Pete Berardi, Joe Rubinstein, Dennis Janke, Tom Grummett, Doug Hazlewood, Jackson Guice, Denis Rodier, Rick Burchett, M.D. Bright, Romeo Tanghal, Walter Simonson, Mike Machlan, Curt Swan and Trevor Scott
    Collects: SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #17-26, SUPERMAN #73-82, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #496-505, ACTION COMICS #683-691, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #69, SUPERMAN: THE LEGACY OF SUPERMAN #1 and GREEN LANTERN #46
    $99.99 US, 954 pg

Superman vs. Zod TP
    Writers: Robert Bernstein, Cary Bates, Geoff Johns, Richard Donner and Steve Gerber
    Artists: George Papp, Curt Swan, Tex Blaisdell, Alex Saviuk, Vince Colletta, Pablo Marcos, Rags Morales, Mark Farmer, Tony Daniel, Rick Veitch and Bob Smith
    Collects: ADVENTURE COMICS #283, ACTION COMICS #473 and 548-549, DC COMICS PRESENTS #97 and ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #10
    $12.99 US, 144 pg

APRIL 2013
    Adventures of Superman: Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez HC
    Writers: Gerry Conway, Martin Pasko, Elliot Maggin, David Michelinie, Jack C. Harris, Len Wein and Roy Thomas
    Artists: Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Dan Adkins, Vince Colletta, Bob Oksner, Frank Springer, Steve Mitchell, Joe Giella and Dick Giordano
    Collects: SUPERMAN #294, 301-302, 307-309 and 347, ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION C-54 and DC COMICS PRESENTS #1-4, 17, 20, 24 and 31
    $39.99 US, 360 pg

Smallville Season 11 Vol. 1: The Guardian TP
    Writer: Bryan Q. Miller
    Artist: Pere Perez
    Collects: Smallville Season 11 #1-4
    $14.99 US, 144 pg

Superman Beyond: Man of Tomorrow TP
    Writer: Tom DeFalco, Paul Levitz and J.T. Krul
    Artists: Ron Frenz, Sal Buscema, Renato Guedes, Jose Wilson Magalhaes and Howard Porter
    Collects: Superman Beyond #0, superman beyond digital Chapters #1-10 and SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANNUAL #4
    $19.99 US, 192 pg
    This list is full of WIN..