Page 244 of 314 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4703
  1. #3646
    All Caste Warrior JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Acres of All
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    I'm telling you, the reason they delayed the show is to keep DC Nation going. Because of the delay, both Young Justice and Green Lantern's seasons end when Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go! start.
    That may be but then maybe they should have announced that new episodes would start in January if that was going to be the plan all along instead of showing two episodes back in the fall and then putting it back on hiatus. They could have continued to air reruns during that time but instead CN decided to pull the hiatus card once again.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

  2. #3647
    Stable Antimatter Reactor Ikonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Smart alec replies to the side, I hope I'm wrong. I thought the earlier clips showed Static being active during the escape and I was thinking they must have altered his scenes.

  3. #3648
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    I definitely agree that they missed a huge opportunity by not doing this. Not saying that the stories / continuity has to match up, but with the way things are in season 2 of YJ it would be very easy to find a compromise.

    Basically setup Young Justice as a Nightwing Team book, and then make Teen Titans be about a particular squad (tim and co.) in that organization. It's true that the NTT as they existed would still be gone, but it'd certainly be better than the batman lite we're currently getting.

    The biggest thing YJ did that I think DC screwed up is that when they made replacements they still accounted for those being replaced. For instance, Wally West is no longer Kid Flash, but there's reason for that. Or how even if Garth isn't aqualad, he's still an atlantean sorcerer.

    DC on the other hand is just out of sight out of mind.
    Garth is showing up in Johns's Aquaman.

    Wally is still tricky because DC didn't want to flush away all the development he had as Flash.

  4. #3649
    Junior Member Darknet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That may be but then maybe they should have announced that new episodes would start in January if that was going to be the plan all along instead of showing two episodes back in the fall and then putting it back on hiatus. They could have continued to air reruns during that time but instead CN decided to pull the hiatus card once again.
    Never said what CN did was smart.

  5. #3650
    Senior Member Theozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikonic View Post
    Smart alec replies to the side, I hope I'm wrong. I thought the earlier clips showed Static being active during the escape and I was thinking they must have altered his scenes.
    Is word of mouth from the show's own producer/headwriter still not enough to ease your worry?
    Also those clips you saw are likely from the future episodes, most likely The Runaways one.

  6. #3651
    Senior Member Whip Whirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Garth is showing up in Johns's Aquaman.

    Wally is still tricky because DC didn't want to flush away all the development he had as Flash.
    I was just using Garth as an example where they replaced a legacy character, in this case Aqualad, but still included the original as a character. Awesome that he's going to be in Aquaman though. Guess no word on a potential Kaldur appearance? I didn't like his characterization in brightest day, but I'd love to see him as an atlantean soldier.

    And you say DC didnt' want to flush away all the development Wally had as Flash, but isn't that what they did, as well as flushing everything else about the character away?

    But really I guess it all just comes down to character importance. YJ treats the legacies better because they are their main characters, while DC makes decisions at the "iconic" level which then trickle down to their various legacies.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 01-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.

  7. #3652
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Yeah Johns took the YJ Aqualad and made him generic. Although I don't even care for the animated Kaldur at this point either.

    I think YJ offered a good way to keep Garth without having to worry about Aqualad and legacy mantles, which is probably what affected Johns's decision to bring him back.

  8. #3653
    Senior Member Whip Whirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    And I feel like you could take that approach with other legacy characters. Give them a status quo, some sort of role that explains their absence. IMO it appeases the fans somewhat and also fleshes out the universe.

    I dunno, I just don't think I'll ever see the logic in DC's decision making when it comes to their MIA legacies. Wally is the most ridiculous though if only because he was successful in comics as well as animation.

    Just the final decision being "Eh, we'll just ignore the character's existence completely until we figure out what to do with him" boggles the mind.

  9. #3654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah Johns took the YJ Aqualad and made him generic. Although I don't even care for the animated Kaldur at this point either.

    I think YJ offered a good way to keep Garth without having to worry about Aqualad and legacy mantles, which is probably what affected Johns's decision to bring him back.
    I do hope we can end up with a situation in the DCNU where we I guess have Kaldur/Jackson whatever he'll be called in the current universe if he gets reintroduced (and Id be surprised if he wasn't) as Aqualad and Garth as Tempest or something new, you know make everybody happy and use two characters that I quite like and both fairly recognizable.

    And of course I would hope one of them doesn't get offed as shock bait to further the other, Garth's death in Blackest Night was pointless already, the Aqualad's don't need more of that nonsense.

  10. #3655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    Waited all this time for an episode I already saw. Jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Is word of mouth from the show's own producer/headwriter still not enough to ease your worry?
    Also those clips you saw are likely from the future episodes, most likely The Runaways one.
    No because the show writer claimed that would be a spoiler. How is it a spoiler if we see him doing the things Static does. Last time I check no black male teen can fly on his own.
    Look we see Icon & Rocket-if that is not Virgil O.Hawkins-somebody better explain why. This guy has been mistreated worst than Stephanie Brown.

    So until he speaks and says his name is Virgil Hawkins and not Jefferson Pierce Junior. Henry Iron Steels, Jason Rusch, Victor Stone, Peter Ross, Keith Robert White, Jakeem Thunder, Isiah (from Dan Jurden's Teen Titans), John Stewart Jr, Phil Lamar, Michael Holt Jr or Dwayne McDuffie-I don't think it's him.

  11. #3656
    Tai'shar Manetheren Jadenewt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No because the show writer claimed that would be a spoiler. How is it a spoiler if we see him doing the things Static does. Last time I check no black male teen can fly on his own.
    Look we see Icon & Rocket-if that is not Virgil O.Hawkins-somebody better explain why. This guy has been mistreated worst than Stephanie Brown.

    So until he speaks and says his name is Virgil Hawkins and not Jefferson Pierce Junior. Henry Iron Steels, Jason Rusch, Victor Stone, Peter Ross, Keith Robert White, Jakeem Thunder, Isiah (from Dan Jurden's Teen Titans), John Stewart Jr, Phil Lamar, Michael Holt Jr or Dwayne McDuffie-I don't think it's him.
    Juice/Black Vulcan could fly using his electrical powers. Not saying this character is Juice/Black Vulcan but it's in his power set.

    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

  12. #3657
    Senior Member Theozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No because the show writer claimed that would be a spoiler. How is it a spoiler if we see him doing the things Static does. Last time I check no black male teen can fly on his own.
    Look we see Icon & Rocket-if that is not Virgil O.Hawkins-somebody better explain why. This guy has been mistreated worst than Stephanie Brown.

    So until he speaks and says his name is Virgil Hawkins and not Jefferson Pierce Junior. Henry Iron Steels, Jason Rusch, Victor Stone, Peter Ross, Keith Robert White, Jakeem Thunder, Isiah (from Dan Jurden's Teen Titans), John Stewart Jr, Phil Lamar, Michael Holt Jr or Dwayne McDuffie-I don't think it's him.
    The spoiler request is due to how Greg Weisman operates his site. Even if a character or information about a character has been publicly released Weisman does not give away anything about what occurs in future episodes (which Static falls under). For example even when it was very obvious that The Competitor was The Reach any questions that inferred so were treated as a spoiler request. Just because a character has been revealed in a trailer does not mean Weisman no longer considers the character non-spoiler information. All the episodes are already animated and recorded they literally cannot be changed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Juice/Black Vulcan could fly using his electrical powers. Not saying this character is Juice/Black Vulcan but it's in his power set.

    It is likely Static is fulfilling the Black Vulcan/Juice shout-out role along with the other pseudo-ethnic Superfriends/Minutemen abductee characters, but it is still going to Static.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 01-08-2013 at 03:38 PM.

  13. #3658
    Senior Member Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So until he speaks and says his name is Virgil Hawkins and not Jefferson Pierce Junior. Henry Iron Steels, Jason Rusch, Victor Stone, Peter Ross, Keith Robert White, Jakeem Thunder, Isiah (from Dan Jurden's Teen Titans), John Stewart Jr, Phil Lamar, Michael Holt Jr or Dwayne McDuffie-I don't think it's him.
    I take it you haven't seen the new trailer?

  14. #3659
    Cyclops was right OrpheusTelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I take it you haven't seen the new trailer?
    Seriously, how many of those characters ever used their powers to fly on a saucer. I get being skeptical, but at some point people have to call a spade a spade.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

  15. #3660

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •