Page 64 of 314 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    The missing sixteen hours.....I think the Leaguers were used to collect Zeta technology, at the very least. With those particular heroes, and more than half a day, they could have easily taken whatever resources were needed and sown terror and dissent among Rann. Earth and Rann are both essential to the villain's master plan for whatever reason, so making sure the two planets are at odds only helps the bad guys. I also sort of suspect that Savage was also taken to Rann and a decoy was used in his place on earth for the aftermath. When Adam Strange talked about meeting the Rannian scientist, we never saw who he was. I think it was Savage.
    The scientist was named and we seen him not hidden from sight in previews, the scientist is Zardath, a character from the comics.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I liked this Lobo. With Garrets voice he just came off as to funny in the JLU show I think. This one came off as a real badass to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zomg View Post
    Spanish also refers to Spain and it's people, not just the language. ;)
    True, but you know the context of what that other poster was saying ...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's just not the same without Brad Garrett.
    I thought the voice was okay. It was the alien "latino" talk that was getting me. How he called both Wonder Girl and Batgirl "Keisifem" (sp?) all the damn time and the other alien lingo stuff. Dunno if that is something he does in the comics or what but I hated it.
    Last edited by Darknet; 04-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    I thought the voice was okay. It was the alien "latino" talk that was getting me. How he called both Wonder Girl and Batgirl "Keisifem" (sp?) and the Krolo thing. Dunno if that is something he does in the comics or what but I hated it.
    ....That was freaking Interlac.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    I thought the voice was okay. It was the alien "latino" talk that was getting me. How he called both Wonder Girl and Batgirl "Keisifem" (sp?) and the Krolo thing. Dunno if that is something he does in the comics or what but I hated it.
    It was the universal alien language, Interlac that Lobo was speaking, it is a well established language used in DC Comics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlac
    They were simply insults that had no translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.wonderful View Post
    ....That was freaking Interlac.
    Didn't know what it was called. I figured, since you guys were debating the whole latino bit with Blue Beetle, I'd say it because it's somewhat similar.

Lobo should be done rated R or not at all. This Lobo didn't bother me because I knew it wouldn't do Lobo justice. I did like his upgraded design.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

I liked the fandom nod

Cassie: i've been called worse

I liked the new season's direction a lot, the 5 year jump doesn't bother me too much. I liked Blue Beetle the most, along with the Bat-family trio of Nightwing, NuRobin, and Batgirl. I'm somewhat interested in Wonder Girl and Beast Boy, but have yet to warm up to Lagoon Boy, or whatever his name is. Any other newbies I've forgotten must not of made an impression.

Glad Superboy and Miss Martian are back, but didn't like being left hanging concerning Red Arrow, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Artemis. But no news is good news I guess.

Anybody else think they substituted Zatanna for Donna Troy? Seems like Z fills the role Troy would have.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Voodoo View Post
    Jaime isn't dark skin.

Yeah Lagoon Boy looks like that in the comics.
    Jaimie should have dark skin, so it's something the show nailed that the comics occasionally mess up. If you're gonna be a Chicano living in El Paso, your ass is getting a tan.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 04-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    Lobo should be done rated R or not at all. This Lobo didn't bother me because I knew it wouldn't do Lobo justice. I did like his upgraded design.
    C'mon, he ripped a squealing man in half on national television and beat up a couple girls. That's the main man to me.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Jaimie should have dark skin, so it's something the show nailed that the comics occasionally mess up. If you're gonna be a Chicano living in El Paso, your ass is getting a tan.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    C'mon, he ripped a squealing man in half on national television and beat up a couple girls. That's the main man to me.
    That is what made America great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I liked this Lobo. With Garrets voice he just came off as to funny in the JLU show I think.
    Well the character was meant to be satire.