Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not as much, Big Show's been slammed alot over the course of his career, its not as big a deal as it was with Andre. Also, it uses a fireman carry, a technique that specifically makes it possible to lift a heavier guy than you'd normally be able to. Goldberg jackhammering him back when he was The Giant was more impressive imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-Sd...eature=related
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-23-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjiHFFg8NPM

Still one of the baddest things I've seen.
    Didn't he do that like twice more with Mark Henry Recently??

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I moreso mean, for example, he show consistent "I can body slam Andre the Giant" strength? Or did it just happen once?
    Don't forget about Big John Studd. At the peak of Studd career, only Andre and Hogan "successfully" slammed Studd. From memory, I'm pretty certain that Hogan has slammed Typhoon, Earthquake and Kamala as well. Not certain about King Kong Bundy. I think that you can grant super-strength as a constant feat for Hogan. (Did Hogan arm-wrestle Patera, once?)

I've never watched wrestling, how do they compare to real world fighters? IE how does Wrestling Lesnar vs UFC Lesnar shake down?

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I've never watched wrestling, how do they compare to real world fighters? IE how does Wrestling Lesnar vs UFC Lesnar shake down?
    UFC Lesnar achieves the amazing. WWE Lesnar achieves what is apparently impossible.

At the same time, WWE Lesnar occasionally loses, and to guys that in reality he would destroy (i.e. any wrestler, really).

They're not really comparable media.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

I don't think UFC Lesnar can really be seen as achieving the amazing. His only big win was against Frank Mir and that was only after he lost to him once. I don't even consider him beating a much older Randy Couture all that impressive, given the fact that the guy was obviously past his prime.. and again, was older. His win against Shane Carwin was clearly crap as there were multiple times in the fight where Lesnar was getting KO'ed but the referee refused to call it. I've seen fighters take a lot less damage and still lose under a TKO ruling. If anything, his fight against Velasquez clearly showed his lack of ability in MMA when he was getting punked around the entire round. And when he fought against Overeem, that difference in ability was palpable evidenced by the fact that Overeem basically just walked all over him with pure impunity. In MMA, he was way more hyped than he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    He also slammed Yokozuna unless my memory's gone.

Slamming large people was kind of Hulk's thing.
    I'm pretty sure the only guy back then who slammed Yokozuna was Lex Luger. WWF made a big campaign with him to get a shot at the WWF after he slammed Yoko's fat ass on a battleship. But, yeah, Hogan lost to Yoko when he got squashed (which gave me nightmares at the time because I loved Hogan) at the King of the Ring.

I'd like to see Lesnar and Cena (who is retardedly strong himself) take on Yoko though. Should be a pretty interesting match.

P.S. R.I.P Yokozuna. I hated you as a kid, but damn, you were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    UFC Lesnar achieves the amazing. WWE Lesnar achieves what is apparently impossible.

At the same time, WWE Lesnar occasionally loses, and to guys that in reality he would destroy (i.e. any wrestler, really).

They're not really comparable media.
    Norman Smiley would kick Brock's ass.

And I'm not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    See I don't get this issue. And I know a lot of people have the same problem as you.

Something about wrestling makes people forget that they're actually just actors.

I mean, I'm sure Jet Li could kick the crap out of Tom Welling, but if Yu Law ever met Clark Kent in a live action crossover, no one would expect Jet Li's Law to win.

Or, a less extreme example, by virtue of being a boxer and much younger, Tarver would annihilate Stallone in real life, yet an ageing Rocky gave Dixon a decent scrap, because of the way it was written (i.e. the Vince McMahon role). But no one complains about that.

Wrestlers should be treated like any other fictional character. Take them to be actors taking the role of a character, then take their consistent high-end feats.

I really don't see why such a big deal is made of it. They could literally be treat as characters in a comic.
    I hate this complaint too.
    Wrestling is just a form of entertainment, just like any other.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Except Yokuzuna. Even Hulking up couldn't save him.
    I still stand by my statement that Yokozuna was the strongest billed pure-villain ever.
    Dude could crush nearly anyone, save Undertaker.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

I'd like to see Lesnar and Cena (who is retardedly strong himself) take on Yoko though. Should be a pretty interesting match.
    It would be.
    But I am of the opinion that Yoko would win.
    He was just billed too powerfully.

P.S. R.I.P Yokozuna. I hated you as a kid, but damn, you were awesome.
    Yes, he was.
    I miss old villains. They were awesome, even the ones that did not get their true credit.
    - That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    I still stand by my statement that Yokozuna was the strongest billed pure-villain ever.
    Dude could crush nearly anyone, save Undertaker.
    He beat the Undertaker in a Casket match at the Royal Rumble and "killed" him for a while.

It would be.
    But I am of the opinion that Yoko would win.
    He was just billed too powerfully.
    "Super Cena" can kick out of a LOT. Yokozuna is pretty powerful though. I think it'd be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    He (and nine other men, plus hitting him with the Urn, which is a specific weakness of his) beat the Undertaker in a Casket match at the Royal Rumble and "killed" him for a while.
    Yes... That up there that I have quoted does happen to be true.
    :D

"Super Cena" can kick out of a LOT. Yokozuna is pretty powerful though. I think it'd be interesting to see.
    Absolutely, it would be a great match.
    It would not be an easy win, either way.
    - That is all.

Yes... That up there that I have quoted does happen to be true.
    Shhhhhh, it's less impressive than if I tell it my way. And most of them besides Desel weren't much were they?

Besides ther Urn powers Undertaker UP, it was breaking the Urn at the end that did him in.

Shhhhhh, it's less impressive than if I tell it my way. And most of them besides Desel weren't much were they?

Besides ther Urn powers Undertaker UP, it was breaking the Urn at the end that did him in.
    Haha. I will consider that.
    There were some fairly decent wrestlers.
    Diesel did not do much of anything really, heh.
    But yes, it was the strike with the Urn that did it.
    - That is all.

Eh, Bam Bam Bigelow was in there. He was a pretty powerful heel at the time, IIRC.

Has anyone EVER kicked out of Yokozuna's squash move? That thing even ended Hogan's Hulkamania.