Page 327 of 360 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5387

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Ah good old Gawker. What a way to really shine a light on the important issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    ugh, politics. i think he made the right move here. put out just enough to garner support from the base, and when round two comes up, solidify the point.
    round two, compromise/capitulate. We already knew from his coded (anti-Intelligent Design) comments about his opinion "evolving" what he really thought. The real question is when, if ever, he would do anything about it. Today wasn't that day. Which was expected. Obama wasn't a Civil Rights baby. He just likes to ride their coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Ah good old Gawker. What a way to really shine a light on the important issue.
    Gawker & Mother Jones importantly pointed out how meaningless this gesture was.

He is still light years better than any of the alternatives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    He is still light years better than any of the alternatives.
    I think it's more like he's a half-step ahead of Romney. Maybe not even that far. But try to get past people's primitive Obama fetishism. It's impossible.

Romney seems horrible. Granted I don't follow US politics enough to make a fair call between the two. Obama is a much better speaker. Romney is too slick and seems extremely fake. Plus he just seems like more of a bigot.

Gawker & Mother Jones importantly pointed out how meaningless this gesture was.
    Gawker just wanted to squawk because he didn't come out in a neon green, lycra tank belting "I'm Every Woman." All they did was point out how meaningless their articles are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Gawker just wanted to squawk because he didn't come out in a neon green, lycra tank belting "I'm Every Woman." All they did was point out how meaningless their articles are.
    Thanks for the insight, Leonard. But for real, I think it is super awesome that the President has come out in support of gay marriage. It's a great thing. It is nice to know that, in the future, some of the US citizens who will be indefinitely detained without trial, or murdered with drones without trial at the President's pleasure, might have spent a few joyful years beforehand married to their same-sex honeys.
    Last edited by darknessatnoon; 05-09-2012 at 02:16 PM.

well, you know it's summer in las vegas when metro is all over the place...yesterday it was a b&e on property followed by a chase (they caught 'em)...today it was some guy across the street with a knife refusing to go back to jail...

metro tased him then shot him with beanbag bullets...

*sigh*

just another day in the neighborhood...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

Thanks for insight, Leonard. But for real, I think it is super awesome that the President has come out in support of gay marriage. It's a great thing. It is nice to know that, in the future, some of the US citizens who will be indefinitely detained without trial, or murdered with drones without trial at the President's pleasure, might have spent a few joyful years beforehand married to their same-sex honeys.
    You're mighty welcome. I'm glad we agree that it is awesome. Personally, if I was going to be held indefinitely without trial or murdered with drones without trial at the President's pleasure, I would definitely want to have spent the time before I fell victim to the President's nefarious plans with a dude that I loved. I think I would appreciate the idea that despite all the duplicitous things the President's done, he felt that I should be able to spend some time all gayed up before he brought down his civil liberties smashing hammer on me. Granted the President is an evil man who has done evil things, all of which should definitely besmirch and overshadow any good deed he does. After all, he is definitely the only President to ever do something that infringed upon the rights of the people in the history of America. Thanks for the insight.

BANNED

But darknessatnoon, isn't this the only issue ever that directly affects ME?

Wait, it's not?

I say it is time for a female, lesbian, disabled president.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    I say it is time for a female, lesbian, disabled president.
    Have you seen that photo of Hillary w/o makeup?

Isn't that basically every photo she's ever taken?
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Yes but she has a tough job! Who has time for foundation and lipstick.