Page 258 of 360 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 5387

Boozy, you may penetrate my inbox now. I deleted some stuff
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yeah, specially the last updates,the detailed temporal effects must have given him tons of work, I would think. Now that it has ended, my number of weekly webcomics has drop to two.
    I'm a Lady Sabre and the Pirates of the Ineffable Aether and Charles Christopher webcomic reader now. I recommend both! Lots of cheeky fun in Lady Sabre, and while The Abominable Charles Christopher presents itself as a fable narrative with talking animals, it is often very deep and emotionally engaging.

*eyes widen*

TEDDY!!!!!

never mind, i read it again...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Weirdly I like some of his non-mainstream stuff more than his take on established heroes. I have the first few TPBs of what became Gravel, and enjoyed their weirdness. I also love Switchblade Honey, because it's exactly what it says on the tin; Star Trek with circa late 80s Ray Winstone as Captain, that could easily have been written for mid-80s 2000AD.
    I'm open to his creator owned stuff but it's hard to predict. At least with Marvel work I know it won't be too... Ennisy for my tastes.

Still loved Freak Angels, loved a lot of his mainstream wrok. I just don't want to get into anything not to my tastes...

Would kill to see him do another GI Joe Resolute story. Yeah, it was just a job for him but it was a freaking awesome film.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    I'm a Lady Sabre and the Pirates of the Ineffable Aether and Charles Christopher webcomic reader now. I recommend both! Lots of cheeky fun in Lady Sabre, and while The Abominable Charles Christopher presents itself as a fable narrative with talking animals, it is often very deep and emotionally engaging.
    Oh, I read Wonderella, which is a bit shallow but funny, and The Order of the Stick, which is deceptively simple and has great moments!

Go read Todd Alison and The Petunia Violet.

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Quote Originally Posted by xgeek52 View Post
    *eyes widen*

TEDDY!!!!!
    Yessum? :/

*eyes widen*

teddy!!!!!
    xgeek!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Weirdly I like some of his non-mainstream stuff more than his take on established heroes. I have the first few TPBs of what became Gravel, and enjoyed their weirdness. I also love Switchblade Honey, because it's exactly what it says on the tin; Star Trek with circa late 80s Ray Winstone as Captain, that could easily have been written for mid-80s 2000AD.
    Same here, I'd much rather buy a non-mainstream, creator owned Warren Ellis comic over any of his DC or Marvel superhero works. They have more of what I want from reading a comic book, same goes for BKV and his creator owned works. I actually don't like his Runaways book. The characters actually grated on my nerves after reading two issues.

My list of regularly read Webcomics goes well into the double digits. Some of them are funnier than others But I enjoy the lot of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Oh, I read Wonderella, which is a bit shallow but funny, and The Order of the Stick, which is deceptively simple and has great moments!
    I'll be checking out your recommendations, even if they weren't really recommendation. And as always, I'll keep an eye out for Spanish/Welsh X-Men!

i edit it ma'am...

and sir leirus i haven't greeted you today...how ya been...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

BANNED

and i am outta here, have fun, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Same here, I'd much rather buy a non-mainstream, creator owned Warren Ellis comic over any of his DC or Marvel superhero works. They have more of what I want from reading a comic book, same goes for BKV and his creator owned works. I actually don't like his Runaways book. The characters actually grated on my nerves after reading two issues.
    Honestly? Yeah, BKV's stuff is better when he's not working for Marvel or DC. Still love "Runaways" and his Ultimate X-Men run but Pride of Baghdad, Y: The Last Man, Saga and even his arc on BTVS were at least noticeably better. They don't have a big a place in my heart though.

i edit it ma'am...

and sir leirus i haven't greeted you today...how ya been...
    I am finishing my postgraduate! And I will have to find a job soon. End of sabatical. :C

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Honestly? Yeah, BKV's stuff is better when he's not working for Marvel or DC. Still love "Runaways" and his Ultimate X-Men run but Pride of Baghdad, Y: The Last Man, Saga and even his arc on BTVS were at least noticeably better. They don't have a big a place in my heart though.
    Do not forget his Mystique. It was great. I prefer Y: The last man over his Marvel work, but I think he is one of the most solid writers out there.

Which, weirdly, makes me wonder if he is hot.