Page 323 of 360 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5387

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Some of them might like it! But seriously, it is shit news. The article I read said some of the supporters celebrated by serving Wedding cake. How rude!
    Gage an interesting tweet about Californians complaining about NC's ban on gay marriage:

Christos Gage ‏ @Christosgage

Hey Californians insulting the entire state of NC about Amendment One: You passed Proposition 8, you inbred hillbilly asshole.
    And he has an interesting/true point. Most Californians like to think we live in the most progressive state ever, but at the same time we did pass Prop 8 so yeah we have no right to ridicule another state. We not agree with what they did, I don't agree with what they did, but we shouldn't say we're better than they are.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

I apologize on behalf of my state.

BANNED

a lot of young people voted against this awful thing, and a lot of good and close personal friends were manning the polls trying to educate voters. i blame the churches in this scenario, who unfortunately still have a lot of power amongst the older generations (and idiots of my own) down there. the whole state of north carolina is not backwards or racist...things have changed a lot there over the years. but, there's also an overwhelming group of younger people who simply do not care to go out and vote. i blame them just as much as the fools who voted for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    a lot of young people voted against this awful thing, and a lot of good and close personal friends were manning the polls trying to educate voters. i blame the churches in this scenario, who unfortunately still have a lot of power amongst the older generations (and idiots of my own) down there. the whole state of north carolina is not backwards or racist...things have changed a lot there over the years. but, there's also an overwhelming group of younger people who simply do not care to go out and vote. i blame them just as much as the fools who voted for this thing.
    Exactly. The young people complain about law and who don't vote drive me crazy.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

BANNED

I don't live in California, so whatever McTypo.

My mom's whole side of the family is from Fayetteville, and I lived there for awhile when I was younger. I've never been a fan of NC, but this disappoints me still. I'm close with my family there, and I wonder how they voted knowing that I'm gay. I just hope a trend doesn't break out amongst the southern states. I'm from Georgia, and I would be less than happy to see her follow in NC's path.

I'll hold her down, you carve us off some earrings.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I'll hold her down, you carve us off some earrings.
    That was beautiful.

The people who voted in favor of it are just better at mobilizing their base to vote for these kinds of things. I think their shared fear or ignorance about issues like this bring them together in a way that the opposition isn't able to do for some reason. NC is pretty conservative anyway isn't it? I wasn't shocked that Amendment One passed.

There are just some matters that shouldn't be trusted to public vote. Had it been voted on, interracial marriage and school integration would still be banned in some parts of the states. We should just make gay marriage legal across the board and let the haters freak out about it until something else catches their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    That was beautiful.
    I'm totally ready for an Aaron and Bachalo X-Women #2.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I'm totally ready for an Aaron and Bachalo X-Women #2.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Gay marriages aren't federally recognized. Only another state with gay marriage might recognize it. But since the federal government doesn't, it means you can't file your taxes jointly, so one of the major benefits of marriage is voided. What North Carolina did, under the guise of an attack on gay marriage, was to void the legal standing of all civil unions and other non-marital domestic arrangements.
    Thanks for clarifying. Ouch.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. Ouch.
    yeah, it's a pretty crapy situation.

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

What exactly are the benefits of gay marriage, barring its symbolic implications?
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama