View Poll Results: Who's Your Favourite?

Voters
136. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Pre Crisis Superboy (Clark Kent / Kal El)

32 23.53%
  • Kesel's Superboy (Kon El)

44 32.35%
  • Johns' Superboy (Conner Kent)

36 26.47%
  • DCnu Superboy

24 17.65%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    ❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

What bothers me about Superboy pre-FP is Geoff John's assumption that the only way to make him grow as a person to is make him suffer, and in doing so, made him insufferable. I couldn't reconcile the brash hipster who was angered whenever anyone called him Superboy, with the moping dope who ran away to the farm to watch television all day while the world was getting blown up in Infinite Crisis. It was almost a relief when Prime showed up and flap-jacked him all over Smallville.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

is it agreed this is a cool look for YJ SB?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Fingerless gloves? Really?

Its ok.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Fingerless gloves? Really?

Its ok.

oh yeah fingerless gloves for sure.SB had them on his 2nd suit,his present suit has them,and now he has them on YJ show.

btw cassie on YJ is a total badass,has everyone seen the 30 second trailer that was posted today? not the one from the other day.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

Y'know, I still don't care for black and red S-shields. But that's me.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

I like it.
    Thumbs up.

BANNED

I like how he's moved away from the generic T-Shirt and jeans look. I hope he wears something like that in the comics.

I really like the fingerless gloves for some reason. I liked it on the TT #1 cover and I like it in this YJ image. I can't help it, at heart I'm an late 80s-early 90's child.

BANNED

I think the whole biker look actually works for this Superboy, who can't fly and uses a super-cycle for transportation.

Some images of Kesel's Superboy getting beat up by a predecessor and a successor

Superboy (Kon El) vs Superboy (Kal El)

Superboy (Kon El) vs DCnu Superboy
    Last edited by Ice Wolf; 04-25-2012 at 03:20 AM.

they just gave SB a origin that generically is like Match's.

SB imo should not be a brightly dressed superhero like superman,he should at first glance look more earth bound,like a hero that is ome of us,or maybe has flaws.

he is part kryptonian,and a clone,but is very much human,and should be the human superman.

the black and red S shield makes him look different than superman,and shows that he isnt a perfect shining example of hero,like kals does.

it actually fits better with his new origins(YJ and NuDCU) he was made by human scientists,for nefarious reasons,and wasnt a perfect clone.

i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt wear something close to the YJ season 2 look in the comics someday,course he is getting that S shield tattoo,so i dont know how much they wamt to show it off,and i still dont know how that tat will stay on his arm.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesnt wear something close to the YJ season 2 look in the comics someday,course he is getting that S shield tattoo,so i dont know how much they wamt to show it off,and i still dont know how that tat will stay on his arm.
    I don't know how much his initial Teen Titans #1 cover costume will actually appear in the comic, they might choose to make another design for his future non-TRON costume.

At this point the tron suit has grown on me enough that I wouldn't mind at all if they just kept it.

Though I still also like the design shown on the TT #1 covers.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Actually the "kid cousin" thing was a direct quote from the show and no where in the show (JLU) did they address her as anything else. My point was to show that as you move up into a show that has a larger universe than just say Superman or Batman's then you keep things simpler hence why she was call his "kid cousin".
    Supergirl said "Don't take this the wrong way, but I've found a place where I can make a difference. Where I'm more than Superman's kid cousin" as she's more than just associated with Superman. Supergirl is the same character from “Superman The Animated Series” just like Superman: Kara In-ze from planet Argo and not an El.

But anyway, please take a moment and calm down ok. I haven't said anything to you. All I was doing was commenting to someone what I was thinking. If you think that the human clone thing works then awesome for you. Who
    It's a message board. You can object, agree, comment, whatever on something or what someone says. No one said anything to you, but you sid something in response to something said to me. I can’t do the same with what you said? I’m not posting in all caps or “!!!!!!!” or raging. I disagreed and I’m very calm.

Anyone can like or dislike anything. But to make a generalization on what’s “more accessible” and paint a pic with no basis is a whole other thing. You and a few paint the pic of “what was originally done is dense and hard to comprehend” when it wasn’t and that one has a stronger tie to Superman than the other when that’s not true. Not based on opinion but on the fact that the character gained a lot of popularity from the story. And as far as Johns Superboy being “simplistic”, you have a hybrid “clone” of two people with a constantly revised origin versus a clone of just one with straightforward story. And now we have a clone with three people in the mix versus a clone of two people versus a clone of one.

But as for as for the mandate. Yea there was one and after first hearing about Superboy I just put two and two together. I you'd like you could show me the quote or whatever but I really don't see how the two could possibly be unrelated.
    Karl Kesel: "A few weeks after I took the assignment, there was a Superman summit where we figured out how to bring him back from the dead. I thought it would be nice if each of the Supermen somehow reflected the titles of their books. I remembered that the tagline from the old Superboy comic was ‘the adventures of Superman when he was a boy' and I thought Superboy should be the character in Adventures. I thought no one would go for it, but at the summit, we had a huge list of all the possible ways Superman could come back and Superboy was one of them. I really stomped to get it. I'm really happy that penciller Tom Grummett and I ended up with this Superman because he's a really fun character."

They could have made him a straight up clone but didn't. Number one, and the one a few seem to forget, is because it would defeat the purpose of the "Reign of the Supermen" story as none of the Supermen were Superman resurrected. He was presented as a "clone of Superman" to lay claim to being Superman resurrected, not to actually be a clone. That was his "angle". If he actually was a clone of Superman as he advertised, there would be no question as to who the true resurrected Superman was out of the four. That is why it was pointed out in the book that it was a misconception that he was Superman's clone. Every other Superman had the misconception that they were Superman brought back with their own supporters, but had more to their individual stories. Being hung up on "he's a clone of Superman" is just ignoring what was actually going on and done in the book.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 04-25-2012 at 05:01 AM.

The reign of the supermen superboy is by far the best. If not, he would not be here today. The rest are poor substitutes of this superboy. However, the DCNU. Superboy is pretty good so far, i wish him luck.