Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Apr 20, 2012

Axel Alonso is back on CBR TV as he and Kiel Phegley chat from C2E2 covering "Hawkeye," the Ultimate event "Divided We Fall," "Sabretooth Reborn" and more. Check out the full video and transcript!

Full article here.

Man that Hawkeye series is sounding really good, i just hope it sells. After what happend with Moon Knight i am afraid for street heroes. And i gotta say Axel you are nuts man, the Heat are awesome! and i am a knicks fan (i hate Melo) So i think the Heat are going to win it all.

omg... "sabretooth reborn".

Quote Originally Posted by Comicbookfan View Post
    Man that Hawkeye series is sounding really good, i just hope it sells. After what happend with Moon Knight i am afraid for street heroes. And i gotta say Axel you are nuts man, the Heat are awesome! and i am a knicks fan (i hate Melo) So i think the Heat are going to win it all.
    I think it really depends on the price. At $2.99 the book will at least have a chance but at $3.99 I doubt it will last a year. Four issues in and The Defenders is selling around 30,000 copies and showing no signs of levelling out. You can probably expect something similar for a $3.99 Hawkeye book.

Quote Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
    I think it really depends on the price. At $2.99 the book will at least have a chance but at $3.99 I doubt it will last a year. Four issues in and The Defenders is selling around 30,000 copies and showing no signs of levelling out. You can probably expect something similar for a $3.99 Hawkeye book.
    That is a good point, Marvel has put some A-List talent on these books and they still can't sell. I would like to know a what it takes to make a modern comic and get specific answers as to why production values dictate the price points. it is hard for people to keep up with the 3.99 books and Marvel double ships many of its titles and that can't help some lower tier characters i have to imagine. But just for a better understanding of how pricing works i would love to know specifics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comicbookfan View Post
    That is a good point, Marvel has put some A-List talent on these books and they still can't sell. I would like to know a what it takes to make a modern comic and get specific answers as to why production values dictate the price points. it is hard for people to keep up with the 3.99 books and Marvel double ships many of its titles and that can't help some lower tier characters i have to imagine. But just for a better understanding of how pricing works i would love to know specifics.

Fraction is only A list in Marvels head. I would imagine for most Hawkeye fans Fraction is a reason not to buy it not a draw. Sooner Marvel realise we don't all share their tastes or want to support books because they are part of a clique the sooner we might have more books last.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Did Fraction prank you in another life or somethin', Sabrewulf?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Did Fraction prank you in another life or somethin', Sabrewulf?
    Am I supposed to pretend I like the guys work if I don't. Or be happy that there are books/characters Id like to read but can't because this guy is writing them. Or that his sales pretty much reflect everything I'm saying here.

I probably wouldn't have so much of an issue with Fractions books if he didn't seem so forced upon us despite people voting with their dollar. My issue is probably more with Marvel Editorial than Fraction. I mean the guy's not gonna turn down work is he.

Hawkeye is the first book in a loooong time that I legitimately cannot wait for.
    Live Comics. Love Comics.

"Don't ever be afraid to be a fan." - Jason Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
    I fully expect the book to be $3.99.

No Fraction book has been less since the price hikes and well, there's an "architect tax" to be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    I fully expect the book to be $3.99.

No Fraction book has been less since the price hikes and well, there's an "architect tax" to be paid.
    Can someone please explain to me who the "Architects" are, and what exactly that means? I kinda dropped out of comics for awhile, so I guess I missed this. I have a vague idea what it's supposed to be, I just would like somebody to sort of explain the details.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Can someone please explain to me who the "Architects" are, and what exactly that means?
    Bendis, Fraction, Brubaker, Hickman, and Aaron.

It's branding, like the old "Young Guns" promotion for artists. Don't read too much into it.
    Expletive Deleted

Can someone please explain to me who the "Architects" are, and what exactly that means? I kinda dropped out of comics for awhile, so I guess I missed this. I have a vague idea what it's supposed to be, I just would like somebody to sort of explain the details.
    To put it crudely, it's basically a way of branding their contract exclusive writers by giving them the biggest name characters and projects as well as slapping a $3.99 on their titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    To put it crudely, it's basically a way of branding their contract exclusive writers by giving them the biggest name characters and projects as well as slapping a $3.99 on their titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Bendis, Fraction, Brubaker, Hickman, and Aaron.

It's branding, like the old "Young Guns" promotion for artists. Don't read too much into it.
    Ok, this is pretty much what I was getting. Didn't know Aaron was one of them, though it makes sense with him on WatX and now Hulk. Surprised Gillen isn't on the list, his works on UXM, JiM, and AA seems like it would fit, plus JiM is drowning in praise. I don't really think I like the concept. Seems demeaning to all of the other writer. However, I would definitely call Hickman an Architect, the man builds stories.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Greatly appreciated.

Ok, this is pretty much what I was getting. Didn't know Aaron was one of them, though it makes sense with him on WatX and now Hulk. Surprised Gillen isn't on the list, his works on UXM, JiM, and AA seems like it would fit, plus JiM is drowning in praise. I don't really think I like the concept. Seems demeaning to all of the other writer. However, I would definitely call Hickman an Architect, the man builds stories.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Greatly appreciated.
    No problem.

Although oddly enough I should correct myself a bit because Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF's the only "Architect" written title that hasn't gotten the price hike.