View Poll Results: Do you?

Voters
205. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

142 69.27%
  • No

63 30.73%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
    ... and it's outdated feminism.
    I agree that too much of the writing on the Amazons was outdated feminism at best, at times even a gross mischaracterization. I don't want them to be that bad stereotype either.

But, is Azzarello's Amazons an updated feminism?

Quote Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
    ... They do what's necessary for how their society operates...
    But it's not "necessary." Women get knocked up all the time without killing their mate. Happens everyday. Send the preggers party for a weekend in Naples, come home. No need to kill any men along the way. Is that really so hard?
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    But it's not "necessary." Women get knocked up all the time without killing their mate. Happens everyday. Send the preggers party for a weekend in Naples, come home. No need to kill any men along the way. Is that really so hard?
    Well, let's consider their options. If they let them go, their existence and locations are comprised leaving them at great risk. They can't take them along because that defeats the purpose of being all women. They could have offered them to Hephaestus, but he may not want them if he has babies to raise and train from birth.

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder
    But, is Azzarello's Amazons an updated feminism?
    I don't think Azzarello has a feminist agenda. His depictions have been fair. Women are strong but are susceptible to the burdens of running a nation. It's like Game of Thrones. Women just like men have to make cruel decisions.
    Last edited by fanboiii; 04-20-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I absolutely love everything about it...so far.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

I love it so far.

Like it?? I think it's the best damn comic book I've ever read.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

I think the last run of WW I enjoyed as much as this one was the Messner-Loebs run. Heh, he played fast and loose with continuity, too.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Wow, much more positive results than I had expected. Figured there would be more likes than dislikes, but wow.

Back on the old DC boards, you never would have seen that.

Oh, and I agree with Fanboii about the Amazons having to kill the men. If they are no longer immortal, then it stands to reason that the gods' protection of the Island is in question. Assuming that the Island is no longer hidden by mystical means, then I can see why the Amazons would kill the men.

Granted, sailors talk a big game and are known liars. So one or two guys telling tales of "beautiful naked women coming aboard and having their way" is going to be ignored. But when it keeps happening every thirty years....at some point, someone is going to start asking questions and digging deeper. And that puts the Island at risk. Just look at Dr. Shin in the Aquaman title. As of yet we have no real idea why, but this dude is apparently pretty dangerous. The Amazons are trying to avoid that sort of attention.

Not that I agree with the methods, but I do understand the motivations.

I think.

And thats assuming the gods themselves dont have a hand in things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Wow, much more positive results than I had expected. Figured there would be more likes than dislikes, but wow.
    I actually fully expected it. The minority is just very vocal.

BANNED

If this weren't Wonder Woman, if it were an entirely different character...I still wouldn't like it. It moves too slow and the art and writing aren't to my taste. The fact it's supposed to be Wonder Woman is the only reason I'm here. If it was anything else, I would have flipped through #1 in the store and left it there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I actually fully expected it. The minority is just very vocal.
    I don't think that's it. The vast majority of people left on the board are Azzarello fans. Look at an old thread from two years ago and you'll see many of those posters are no longer around. You'll also notice the most prolific posters currently are nowhere to be seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    I don't think that's it. The vast majority of people left on the board are Azzarello fans. Look at an old thread from two years ago and you'll see many of those posters are no longer around. You'll also notice the most prolific posters currently are nowhere to be seen.
    I don't see how posters from two years ago are relevant to how the posters now feel about the book. And I don't know what makes a poster "profilic." But I mean, if that floats your boat to justify it, I'm not going to continue to this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I don't see how posters from two years ago are relevant to how the posters now feel about the book. And I don't know what makes a poster "profilic." But I mean, if that floats your boat to justify it, I'm not going to continue to this.
    It's relevant because many of the fans of the former status quo aren't here to answer the poll.

It's relevant because many of the fans of the former status quo aren't here to answer the poll.
    Maximum Impact has a good point - it's why self-selecting polls like this don't really work and aren't considered valid.

eta: Still, glad to see that many are enjoying it. :)
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Look, we get it, you don't like the comic book. That's ok, it's your opinion, but don't try to imply that a few posters who may or may not have voted here are going to make much of a difference on an 80% lead. It just comes off as you being desperate to have your opinion validated.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Maximum Impact has a good point - it's why self-selecting polls like this don't really work and aren't considered valid.

eta: Still, glad to see that many are enjoying it. :)
    I never claimed this poll was to repersent all 70, 000 people who bought #1's, but this community in its present.