Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    There's also always Tyler Mane, and he's been in stuff people may remember.
    Looks like Jonah hex will have some company.

BANNED

Lobo, are you f***ing kidding me?

Really? Lobo, biker movie in space, sounds like it could be a fun movie. Sure they will mess up that simple idea though.

Also, WB has been getting kind of weird with who they pick to helm these movies. This reminds me they've got a guy who does dance movies and did Glee: The 3D Concert Movie doing their Mortal Kombat movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    Pretty sure "Lobo" will not have a sequel. Or a fish man (lamentably).
    It might have space dolphins...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It might have space dolphins...
    Wouldn't get your hopes up...
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Bleh, can hollywood stop trying to drag these great anti-heroes into PG-13 territory? Part of why people like these characters is because they werent created with kid gloves. But alas, PG-13 = more sales.

I like to give things a fair chance so I'll reserve judgement on the movie itself, I'm just tired of these PG-13 scripts.

^ ^ ^

Ditto. If this movie has to be made (which, honestly, it doesn't) it needs to be over the top and a hard "R".

This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

You know, after much of WB's horrible choices, I'm kinda glad 'Wonder Woman' never got out of development hell...

I hear the PG 13 complaint, but honestly that's not a big deal to me. PG 13 is getting away with a lot more these days, and a good script and director can get around a few limitations and still make it feel like Lobo. And we ought to now by now R rated hero or antihero movies aren't getting another chance this decade, not after Watchmen and Punisher: Warzone did so poorly. Hell, look at female based hero films, after Catwoman and Electra no one will try it. Wonder Woman can't even get a TV show. At least not one good enough to get picked up. But even with the rating limitations, Lobo won't fail because they have to restrain the ultraviolence any. It'll fail because, most likely, it'll wind up like WB's other non-Batman and Superman movies, mediocre. Hopefully that won't happen and we'll finally be pleasantly surprised, but for now we're hoping against a particular track record. Now I haven't seen Brad Peyton's films, but considering his last movie was a 3D kiddie Disney flick, well...I'm not too optimistic on the director side of things. I just hope he doesn't tap The Rock to play Lobo.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Shouldn't Lobo at least be on a ongoing comic before he gets a movie?

This sounds Battlefield Earth-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    You know who could pull it off? Hollywood's current go-to giant body builder, Matthew Willig. Except no star power.

That, of this was the role Triple H was born for!
    The main man doesn't job for anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    Shouldn't Lobo at least be on a ongoing comic before he gets a movie?
    Meh, I honestly don't see how that would make a difference. Truthfully, these films almost never push the comics' sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Broome View Post
    This sounds Battlefield Earth-ish.
    Admittedly it's been years since I last saw that film so my memory's sketchy, but in what way?

Personally it's the 'partnered with a teenaged girl' thing that's raising the cheesy red flags for me.

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

I don't mean to ruin the party for all you Lobo fans but come on DC!! You have so many good characters to choose from. Why Lobo? Flash? Superboy? I wouldn't mind a GL 2.

Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post
    I don't mean to ruin the party for all you Lobo fans but come on DC!! You have so many good characters to choose from. Why Lobo? Flash? Superboy? I wouldn't mind a GL 2.
    I'm not sure what the focus is on the better characters. There were other characters besides Jonah Hex and they still made that. Obviously there's no real priority with these comic films. And just because one comic film is being made doesn't mean we also won't get another one like GL2, even if the first was mediocre. (Though really, Superboy?)