Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

And I could see a Garth and Kaldur-like situation like LightningRider suggested with Donna and Cassie; that Donna might exist as a character in Earth-16 but just never became Wonder Girl. And there is plenty of time for Donna to have existed in Earth-16 since the Wonder Woman of the show is youthfully immortal considering the fact she was born 1925 and is 85+ years old (that info came from Ask Greg FYI).

Yay for Cassie! Hope she sticks around.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

I could not be happier that Wonder Girl is joining the show. This just brings me one step closer to Kaldur X Cassie!

Yes, I practice shipping...don't shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    But I wanted Donna

Ah well, Cassie shall suffice. And there's always SBFF for my Donna Troy fix. It's rather awesome that both Wonder Girl's are in animation. Now if only we could get more animated Wonder Woman appearances...
    Donna could still have a role. According to the producers (as reported in the YJ thread in the DCU section) Diana was born in 1925. So Donna must have been around sometime in the last 80+ years.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Am i the only one more psyched to see Adam Strange then Wonder Girl. I mean sure i love Wonder Girl, but hot damn Adam freaking Strange is going to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    Am i the only one more psyched to see Adam Strange then Wonder Girl. I mean sure i love Wonder Girl, but hot damn Adam freaking Strange is going to be in it.
    So is possibly Alanna Strange, one theory is that she is the woman in the yellow and blue in the preview.

Also it seems we may see more of Devastation (along with Mammoth, Shimmer, and Icicle Jr.) in the show, who is Wonder Woman villain I believe (but is very different from her comic counterpart).
    Last edited by Theozilla; 04-20-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Ballin'

Lagoon Boy though? Really? I mean....Lagoon Boy?????????????

Anyway.

Hope Cassie becomes a regular. It'd be nice to see the Wonder-verse get a little more attention in DC's larger media efforts and Cassie would add well to the team. I hope she can fly. The team is in desperate need of more fliers.

Started watching this show with my son. And now, I think I enjoy it more than he does!

I do hope that Rocket sticks around though. DC itself does not seem able to do anything with the Milestone crew, so I hope the cartoon can rectify that a bit. Plus she has a unique powerset and the costume was updated nicely. It still looks like her but far less 90's horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Ballin'

Lagoon Boy though? Really? I mean....Lagoon Boy?????????????
    Lagoon Boy has cannon fodder written all over him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Hope Cassie becomes a regular. It'd be nice to see the Wonder-verse get a little more attention in DC's larger media efforts and Cassie would add well to the team. I hope she can fly. The team is in desperate need of more fliers.
    I disagree, You already have someone on the team with super strength and 2 others who can fly now that Rocket is on the team... the last thing the show needs is someone who does both, talk about making Superboy obsolete (it doesn't look like he will be using Luthors S-Shields anymore so no more flight for him).
    Last edited by Rud; 04-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Lagoon Boy has cannon fodder written all over him.
    Yep. I'm expecting someone to go all "Teen Titans East" on Lagoon Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    Yep. I'm expecting someone to go all "Teen Titans East" on Lagoon Boy.
    Greg Weisman (the producer and one of the writers) usually does not treat his characters that way. And I think Lagoon is unlikely to be cannon fodder since he has been used in toy advertisements.

sweet

invasion looks awesome

we should have more shows set on this earth rather than cg stuff their doing

Quote Originally Posted by juan1993 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...50824515162792

Hopefully my link works, its a very brief appearance but she appears towards the end of the video.
    Its Cassie by the way. Looking forward to Invasion. I also saw Jaime Reyes (Blue Beetle), Lagoonboy, and Bumblebee!!
    Thanks for posting!

Too bad it appears to be Cassie. Having Donna with the mirror twin origin would have been a great way to have Diana try to intercede in the Superman/Superboy relationship -- "I have my own 'clone,' and she's welcome as my sister" sort of thing.

This will be Cassie's 1st animated appearance ever ! Donna's already made 2 animated appearances. One in this really old, 1960s?, Teen Titans series, and the other currently in the Super BFFs shorts series. Maybe the use of her in the latter is why they chose to go with Cassie for "Young Justice"?
    "People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

Her costume is the one she had when she became leader of YJ (Would love if that happened on the toon) Black top, red pants, black boots. And you just KNOW they are going to set up a love triangle with Cassie, Conner and Meggan.

I can't wait for next week.