Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    I need a Loki / Hulk fight scene gif, pronto.
    end of spoilers
    Superhero Squad Name: Screaming Iridescent Pudding

Good lord, that was incredible (pardon the pun), easily the best fight scene in the movie.

BANNED

The great thing about Hulk is that he was awesome, scary and also hilarious at the same time. I've never been a big fan of the character before, but he was used so well in this film.

I just got back from a premiere screening (in Australia - I didn't know we got it before the US. Weird).
    It was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good.
    Very little plot; just the bare minimum needed to get all thee characters together and have them bounce off each other.
    BUT the amount of detail in the world-building, and the quality and believability of the character interactions made up for it.
    Plus the action was just, like, super mind-boggling. Saw it in 2D and I didn't feel cheated. In fact, I can't think of anything that 3D would add.
    spoilers:
    Agent Coulson's death was especially powerful and well-handled. Wonder if that was planned since he appeared?
    end of spoilers
    I wouldn't go so far as to say its the best superhero film ever. Unlike The Dark Knight, it's not really 'about' anything other than big battles and big melodrama, but on that level it succeeds beyond every other Marvel and DC movie.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

BANNED

Ehh i'd say it's better than The Dark Knight. Even though i think they are hard to compare as they are both aiming for different things. But i'd say Avengers hits what it aims for more often than TDK does.

The dialogue is much crisper and less long winded/unnatural. The world building and it's internal sense of logic makes more sense. Sometimes in TDK i was like "WTF? I thought this was supposed to be realistic?" It hopped from ultra realism to ridiculousness at the drop of a hat. It seemed to break it's internal logic for the benefit of the plot when it felt like it, if you know what i mean? And the action is just much more imaginative and better shot/edited. I found Batman's fighting style and the choreography really bad, to be honest. Also it was hilarious in parts, whereas the attempts at humour in TDK were eye roll worthy.

The story is more simple, which i guess can be seen as a negative. But it wasn't stupid and didn't really have any plot holes.
    Last edited by Lord Bravery; 04-25-2012 at 06:21 AM.

I love the humor in this movie!

Some of my favorite moments :

"Does mother know your wearing her dress?"

"He's adopted."

"So that's what it does?"

"You're all soo tiny."

"That agent's playing Galaga.."

"Well,then son, you have a condition"

Hulk whacking Thor after fighting the Chitauri.

Hulk waking Tony Stark after they think he's dead.
    Last edited by Catman_3; 04-25-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Gone

So Black Widow never uses her Widow´s Bite weapon?

How do they counter this lack of firepower?

Because compared to Hulk´s fists, Ironman´s repulsr rays, Hawkeye´s explosive arrows or Thor´s Myeuh-muh, that is one puny little pistol she´s carrying.

BANNED

Black Widow definitely is worthy of being on the team, she kicks a lot of ass. In the final battle she's mainly on the ground with Cap and Hawkeye, taking out the Chitauri soldiers.

And she has a great scene with Loki. Think Hannibal Lector vs Clarice Starling... but with a twist.

Hey guys, Avengers is about to come out here in South Africa tomorrow. Check out my blog for a spoiler-free review of the film.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    What´s the best part of the group dynamics and which two characters just click! ?
    Stark and Banner.

How good is the humour?
    It's Whedon. 'nuff said.

how awesome is the Black Widow?
    Pretty goddamn awesome.

how many times do they utter the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry?
    Can't spoil everything!

Is the final battle as earth shattering as I´m hoping it to be?
    Hell yeah.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 04-25-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Language (forgot where I was. Sorry)
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by felix77 View Post
    Does Cap have a love interest or hook up with anyone in the film?
    I'm pleased to report there are no forced romantic sub-plots whatsoever.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

So Black Widow never uses her Widow´s Bite weapon?
    Not to any great extent. You see it briefly once or twice, but if you didn't know what it was you'd easily miss it.

How do they counter this lack of firepower?
    With sheer fookin' awesomeness.

Saw it yesterday afternoon in 3D, and man, it's everything you could have hoped for and then some. I don't kneel at the altar of Joss, so I was a bit apprehensive about him directing a film of ths magnitude, but he point blank nailed it. This is a rabbit-out-of-a-hat deal. Great characterization, awesome action, believable characters (even if they are superpowered, demi-gods, etc). Some little pieces of plot are skipped over but other than that it's the most perfect pure comic book film I've seen - well, besides Spider-Man 2. I'd definitely rank it better than Iron Man if you're looking for a Marvel Studios related barometer.

I won't compare it to The Dark Knight because they're two different beasts which approach their source material from 2 completely different angles. I will say this though, Avengers doesn't mask or apologise being a superhero film. It just owns it.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Any friendly moments between Hulk and Thor?

We can all assume they're going to kick each other's ass at some point but you got to end things on a positive note, I would imagine.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Any friendly moments between Hulk and Thor?
    Depends how you define 'friendly', I guess.