Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
    It's okay. Nothing can stay perfect.

Although her review seem questionable, since she doesn't even know the characters names (calls Nick Fury as Nick Frost) and apparently from reading what other folks found, she just hates Marvel films altogether:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marv...viewid=2074913
    Yeah I'm not really sweatin her review. It's pretty obvious that this just isn't her type of film. 3/5 isn't to bad either considering she could have given it lower.

Guess what's the ONLY comic book movie that has the first 18 reviews be all positive?

Answer: The Dark Knight. Exactly at 18 straight positive reviews.

The Avengers just tied that mark.

So now there are two comic book movies with that title.
    It's not like The Dark Knight and The Avengers are the first movies to do this.

Also, I'm not sure you're correct about these two being the only comic book movies to do this. American Splendor got just as much acclaim as The Dark Knight, for example, so does anyone know whether its first 18 reviews were positive? I would bet nobody knows the answer to that question. Why? Because it means diddly squat.

But speaking of Amy Nicholson's review, it seems a bit questionable. She gave it a 3/5 (which is borderline fresh/rotten) but she doesn't even know the characters names (calls Nick Fury as Nick Frost) and apparently from reading what other folks found, she just hates Marvel films altogether:
    Nick Fury being played by Nick Frost? There's something I'd like to see!
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Nick Fury being played by Nick Frost? There's something I'd like to see!
    Man, the more I hear, the more hyped I get (and my hype was already through the roof when I figured out an Avengers film would come out some day when they made Iron Man 1). This is going to be awesome.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...can't read until I see the movie...

Me, too X a billion

Does
    spoilers:
    Thanos look like his comics self, or does he "reimagined" like Galactus cloud.
    end of spoilers
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

The day this premiers will be a very special day.

I just checked out the trailer and it does look like it could be great.
    Either way I am sure my 11 year old son will love it.

BANNED

I've seen the film and... wow. Great. Even though i was hyped i didn't expect it to meet those expectations in the way it did. It balances characterisation perfectly with the action. The action scenes are not vapid and just eye candy, like in Bay's TF sequels. Each blow really means something. And trust me, the blows are amazingly shot. Ever wanted to see a massive, city spanning tracking shot that swoops from one hero to another without cutting? HELLO!

This is THE ultimate superhero film. Pure escapism, but full of heart and emotion. Sure it doesn't try to have socio-political commentaries. But to that i say; i don't want to be reminded about how depressing the real world and our economic crisis is in a superhero movie. Just make me laugh, cheer and get shivers down my spine.

Only criticism i can level is that some of the exposition early on drags a bit, but the film doesn't dwell on it, it doesn't get melodramatic and po-faced. Honestly, the only people who will actively dislike this film are soulless misanthropes who find films like ET and Raiders of the Lost Ark crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Does
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, yes he does. And it is glorious, truly glorious
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lord Bravery; 04-22-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Does
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    The cloud is one reasons why Marvel started makig the movies themselves.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    ...Honestly, the only people who will actively dislike this film are soulless misanthropes who find films like ET and Raiders of the Lost Ark crap...
    So about half the internet then?

BANNED

half the internet hates Raiders of the Lost Ark? Wow, i've just lost a little bit more faith in humanity.

heh. But seriously what i mean is, someone who sits there throughout the film completely stoney faced and totally unimpressed? They need to quickly get to a doctor to see if they still have a pulse. Or go get some spiritual counselling to see if they have a soul.
    Last edited by Lord Bravery; 04-22-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Only criticism i can level is that some of the exposition early on drags a bit, but the film doesn't dwell on it, it doesn't get melodramatic and po-faced. Honestly, the only people who will actively dislike this film are soulless misanthropes who find films like ET and Raiders of the Lost Ark crap.

spoilers:
    Yes, yes he does. And it is glorious, truly glorious
    end of spoilers

So far almost every review I've read says the same thing. I'm assuming the early part of movie spends a lot of time w/characterization?
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

half the internet hates Raiders of the Lost Ark? Wow, i've just lost a little bit more faith in humanity.

heh. But seriously what i mean is, someone who sits there throughout the film completely stoney faced and totally unimpressed? They need to quickly get to a doctor to see if they still have a pulse. Or go get some spiritual counselling to see if they have a soul.
    Raiders is awesome, i never saw ET as a kid though, so when i tried to watch it, it bored me to tears.