Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    This issue had some of the worst dioluage ever. But I think I am getting used to it. The art changed right? I seem to like it better. But there was way to much compression.
    ha i just posted after you without having seen your post just above!

The dialogue was weak. Some weird sayings in there. Yikes.

Also, someone has apparently been watching Tron before they started designing parts of the book. I'm interested in seeing what happens, but that feels kind of cheap with a reality warper and the heroes seemingly standing around not doing anything as they get picked off. I mean seriously, what were Bunker and Solstice doing while everyone just got picked up? Oy...

Wasn't awful but kind of confusing for a book I've more or less enjoyed so far. How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Celine knows Lilith from before, and Skitter is an ¿alien? hosted in her. And Amanda Conner and Kurt Lance (isn't Black Canary's husband?!) in Team 7. Wowow!
    Holy crap Power Girl/Before Watchmen artist Amanda Conner was part of team 7? How the hell does that work?
    My bad xD Amanda Waller :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kerukun878 View Post
    Oh, trust me. I know; I'm thinking that maybe the person in this place before wasn't Lilith, but was Raven(remember, she was said to appear in the book around this time?) and that the character in place here would eventually go to being a member in the Ravegers, or the Outlaws. I don't think he's going to leave her like this - and no offense, but if he does? He's stupid, and that's not a bias standpoint but another (albeit aspiring) writers standpoint.
    I expect bigger things to come from Raven's re-emergence then this. If she were to be found anywhere in the Culling, I presume it would have been Beast Boy and Raven rather than Beast Boy and Terra. I suspect she will also sooner appear in Outlaws, where the Untitled appear to tie-in with Trigon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray II View Post
    I expect bigger things to come from Raven's re-emergence then this. If she were to be found anywhere in the Culling, I presume it would have been Beast Boy and Raven rather than Beast Boy and Terra. I suspect she will also sooner appear in Outlaws, where the Untitled appear to tie-in with Trigon.
    Yeah, Lobdell said something in a recent interview about her being pulled for "something bigger". Which I will believe when I see it. Along with that, I am seriously not liking what's going on with Omen so far.

I've loved Teen Titans so far but this issue for me felt like pure filler till the crossover next month which finally finishes this arc.
    The only thing of interest was whoever Cassie is 'killing' herself for by wearing the armour and lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    I've loved Teen Titans so far but this issue for me felt like pure filler till the crossover next month which finally finishes this arc.
    The only thing of interest was whoever Cassie is 'killing' herself for by wearing the armour and lasso.
    My first guess would be her mother.

This issue was, I don't know, just meh for me. I can't really put my finger on the reason for that though. I'm thinking I'll be very happy when the crossover is done.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW
    That was the only thing of interest here for me as well. I'm betting it's her mother she protecting by wearing the armor and lasso.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

BANNED

The art almost killed this issue for me, I usually like Guara's work but here it seemed really rushed with awkward expressions and poses, at least we know that Booth is going to draw the annual.

Also, I don't know what's wrong with Lobdell's dialogue in this title, the last couple of issues had characters talking to themselves outloud and using unnatural expressions. I don't think that Lobdell is losing his touch since the dialogue in both Superboy and Red Hood on this month was great, maybe he's overworked with planning The Culling event.

patience gone in 3, 2... GokaiRed's Avatar

I'm a fan of this title in general, but I have to be honest. These last few issues have really been off to me.

I'm really not sure how much more of the forced "teen" speak I can take here. I have no problem with a more "stylized" feel to dialogue consistent with a lot of young/sarcastic people. In fact, I enjoy it a great deal. It's just that there are some writers who are able to capture that stuff so naturally that it's magic. And then there are the writers who just seem like they've watched a couple episodes of Buffy and decided that they understand the language... but they don't.

I'm also just a little tired of the extended storytelling, where it takes such a long time to establish seemingly tiny plot details that could have been handled in half the time, sacrificing very little. I feel like the Culling should already be concluding, or we should have already had some other arc in-between this and the previous few issues. I'm not disinterested in the story- I'm just fatigued. I want to move forward.

It's interesting, because I'm also reading Red Hood and the Outlaws, and am currently loving it. There's an overarching storyline, but there are plenty of digressions that explore the three key characters and their dynamic, and side-quests that are fun and interesting for their own sake. The flow is much better, and for the most part, it keeps me excited about reading the next issue.

I read this Teen Titans issue first because that's always what I do with my least anticipated books of the week. :(

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    This issue had some of the worst dioluage ever. But I think I am getting used to it. The art changed right? I seem to like it better. But there was way to much compression.
    I wouldn't call this the "worst dialogue ever," but it's definitely retro. I've been lately reading my fair share of old Marvel and this definitely fits the kind-of lines I would have seen in Marvel during the 70s to the early 90s.

This issue was a disappointing mainly because of all the dialogue I hated how everything was over explained like others said it felt like something from the 70s and it was hard to understand but I can't tell if that was the intention or not this whole "Culling" story seems like it would have fit better in the 90s though I might keep picking it up I'm interested to see what kid flash's and wonder girl's origins are
    Last edited by lantern1991; 04-25-2012 at 10:13 PM.

I see a lot of people noticing that something has suddenly happened to the writing, but I don't see anyone connecting this to the fact that we're now in a "prelude" to an "event". This book and Superboy were both pretty solid until the last issue or two and now they're both pretty sloppy. Could it be that the needs of the Culling event are interfering with the writer's ability to just write a good book like he had been doing? Is DC micromanaging to the point of screwing up the writing and making the books weaker? Why am I apparently the only one who suspects this? I don't actually know anything about the process that goes on between publishers and writers when it comes to planning these "events", so I could be wrong....
    Last edited by back seat astronaut; 04-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

BANNED

Yeah this issue was pretty bad I thought, and I've been defending this book for a while. Dialogue was cheesy Sometimes it sounds like Silver Age dialogue, and other times it tries too hard to be clever. The story was also filler. I didn't get any emotional reaction out of anything Omen was doing.

it made me confused, this issue. i am not denigrating lobdell but i am curious besides connections or thriftiness why lobdell was given a whole chunk of the DC universe. my main issue was characters barfing lines of dialogue to no one (which i guess should have been thoughts rather than speech bubbles but either way would have been unnecessarily loquacious).