Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Ugh. Video....

1) Huh. You give a good interview, Mr. Slott. Engaging and full of showmanship.
    2) You know, really, I have no idea. There's just too many possible changes. Not just in 700. I mean, there are supposed changes at the end of Ends of the Earth. There are might be changes in the lizard story. In the "danger zone" story. And THEN in the lead-up to what is sure to be a 2-3 times normal size 700. Attempting to predict what will happen in 700 is a fool's errand at this point, since we don't even know what the world will look like in 699.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    I don't know which is worse the X-Forums or the Spider-Man forums. So far this board is so bad it makes the Avenger's board look tame. This divided nonsense and petty rivalry is garbage.
    Yeah, well, that's what happens when you use one of the worst comics the big two have ever put out as your foundation and try to pretend that nothing's wrong.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Ah, but virtually everybody has been predicting that one enough already. Either that or Mary Jane dying, and so both of those are far too easy. Heck, I'm surprised no one mentioned "Aunt May is going to die...again" yet.
    Yes, but the goal is to keep you at 0%, so if YOU suggest it, it's guaranteed not to happen. =p
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Yes, but the goal is to keep you at 0%, so if YOU suggest it, it's guaranteed not to happen. =p
    Yes, but the odds goes up whenever there's a solicit. Then again, that doesn't help much in my case either.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    I've been on this book since January of 2008...
    ...and I can emphatically reiterate:
    Every "prediction" that stillanerd has made, with the exception of story beats that have been SPOON-FED to him by the solicits, has been empirically, categorically, and by all-known measures to man... WRONG.
    Seriously, he's been unerringly... well... erring.
    The only thing more head-scratching than his attempts to keep predicting things, are his fellow posters who-- KNOWING his batting average-- keep musing over his theories as if they MIGHT happen. If this guy were a weatherman and he told you he was CONVINCED tomorrow would be a sunny day... it might be wise to bring your umbrella. :-D
    But... if Stillanerd theories are wrong... then by the process of elimination My theories are right! All hail The Amazing Phoenix-man!

Nobody touch my reasoning, it'll make me sad.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

i really hope they dont replace Peter with that lame ass marketing gimmick Miles Morales

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    i really hope they dont replace Peter with that lame ass marketing gimmick Miles Morales
    I pray that doesn't happen either.

Oh, and my OFF-THE-WALL crazy, nutty, impossible theory is that Max Moddell dies, Peter loses his job, and he ends up working full-time in the Daily Bugle (again).
    Superior Spider-Man - Venom - Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by GCA-FF View Post

Oh, and my OFF-THE-WALL crazy, nutty, impossible theory is that Max Moddell dies, Peter loses his job, and he ends up working full-time in the Daily Bugle (again).
    I hope that Peter never works at the Bugle again. It's below his intellect. And I would love to see him complete his Ph.d in Bio-Chemistry.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

I'm talking about J. Jonah Jameson. And no, not J. Jonah Jameson senior this time, but the original, one-and-only former publisher of the Daily Bugle, Mayor of New York, and loveable grouchy ol skinflint, J. Jonah Jameson.
    I'll admit, stillanerd was brave enough to say out loud what I've been suspecting but never said.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    MJ?
    Crap.
    You said it.

Anyone else think this'll relate to "Spider-Men" at all?

Peter dying and all...
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    I've been on this book since January of 2008...
    ...and I can emphatically reiterate:
    Every "prediction" that stillanerd has made, with the exception of story beats that have been SPOON-FED to him by the solicits, has been empirically, categorically, and by all-known measures to man... WRONG.
    Seriously, he's been unerringly... well... erring.
    The only thing more head-scratching than his attempts to keep predicting things, are his fellow posters who-- KNOWING his batting average-- keep musing over his theories as if they MIGHT happen. If this guy were a weatherman and he told you he was CONVINCED tomorrow would be a sunny day... it might be wise to bring your umbrella. :-D
    Now I see why your such a great Spidey writer. I'm a Huge fan Mr. Slott.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    He was hanging out in the Savage Land back during his Venom appearance. Was chasing after Flash on a raptor through the jungle while chucking spears at the guy.

Pretty badass.
    Cool. I don't collect Venom but that sounds like a scool issue/story.

Not to worry guys, I've got one. Two, actually.

Okay, what have been the two main themes that have been running through Amazing Spider-Man since Dan Slott became the sole writer. The first is that Spidey has hit the "Big Time" and "everything is finally going his way. The second has been "no one dies." And notice that, logically, both of those things are unsustainable in the long-run, the first due to the inevitable "Parker Luck" and the second because we know that Spidey can't always save everyone from dying every single time. Well what possible seismic event could happen which would have a profound effect on both Spider-Man and the Marvel Universe, which would also potentially flip those two running themes completely on their head that would also be big enough for Spidey's 700th issue?

I can think of two possibilities:

The first is that Spidey, in order to save countless lives, is forced to kill someone else. No death by accident or being falsely accused of murder--Spidey is caught on tape actually killing the villain. Who would that villain be? The one the "dying wish" refers to, of course, but NOT Doc Ock. Rather, the "dying wish" refers to both what Doc Ock promised said villain and what the beloved of that villain said to him before she died. I'm speaking, of course, about the Rhino, a guy who, ever since his wife died, has had a death wish and had nothing left to lose. Heck, maybe it could even fit into an earlier theory I had that Doc Ock's deal with the Rhino was to transfer his mind into the Rhino's body. Or not.

However, the second possibility is that a major supporting character dies, one who the "dying wish" also refers to. And no, I don't mean Mary Jane; as much as some folks might like that idea, her demise wouldn't be "seismic" enough for the Marvel Universe and besides, she already got killed off once already. No, I'm talking about someone bigger, someone who you wouldn't think Marvel will EVER kill off in a million years. Someone who is so important, so fundamental, so crucial to the Spider-Man mythos that if this person kicks the bucket, it will COMPLETELY and IRREVOCABLY change the way we look at Spider-Man for years.

I'm talking about J. Jonah Jameson. And no, not J. Jonah Jameson senior this time, but the original, one-and-only former publisher of the Daily Bugle, Mayor of New York, and loveable grouchy ol skinflint, J. Jonah Jameson.

And how could Jonah die? By doing the one thing we'd never except to see him do: saving Spider-Man's life. And the reason why is because he recalling the "dying wish" of his wife Marla: to let go of his hatred for Spider-Man. And by letting go of his hatred, Jonah ends up sacrificing his life to save Spidey. However, in one last ironic twist, when Spidey carries out the lifeless body of Jonah, it's assumed that Spidey was the one who killed him, and thus, through death, Jonah also achieves his long-time goal in proving Spider-Man to be a menace.

In either case, Spidey is forced to flee not just from law enforcement but from other super-heroes who know his true identity, meaning he can't risk going to his friends, family, loved ones, or even his job for fear of putting them in danger. However, he gets an offer from someone he can't refuse "Work for me, and I'll see to it that your name gets cleared of all charges." And that person is...The Kingpin. Thus Spidey becomes Wilson Fisk's new Enforcer, taking down bad guys--and even forced to work with other villains on occasion--while at the same time constantly going up against other heroes.

Then again, I'm sure both of those theories--either Spidey kills someone or Jonah gets killed--are wrong.
    Now I'm happy.

As for the second theory. Your going with JJJ to die eh?

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Not even a little extra, tiny, small hint for us at CBR?

I was wrong it was Slott this time and not Wacker to shoot down STILLANERD's theories!
    I know right? Not even a slight hint lol

And yes I was wrong as well because like you I was convinced it was gonna be Wacker that shot down the theory lol.

Ah, but virtually everybody has been predicting that one enough times already. Either that or Mary Jane dying, so both of those are far too easy. Heck, I'm surprised no one mentioned "Aunt May is going to die...again" yet.

And more Rhino.
    I've suggested Aunt May earlier. Kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    But... if Stillanerd theories are wrong... then by the process of elimination My theories are right! All hail The Amazing Phoenix-man!

Nobody touch my reasoning, it'll make me sad.
    True he hasn't shot that down yet so your theory could be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GCA-FF View Post

Well I think you're the first person to suggest Max in this thread at least.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

No writer has ever been crazy enough to kill J Jonah Jameson.

Never happen!

Never.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I don't understand why people insist with Peter or Mary Jane dyning. It won't happen, specially Peter and if your reference is Ultimate. Marvel killed Ultimate Peter because they need a shock value after the crap of Ultimatum who put Universe 1610 on the floor again.

If Slott kills JJJ, I would be very Happy.

My prediction is that Mary Jane becomes a nun.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Maybe MJ will become horribly disfigured.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Maybe MJ will become horribly disfigured.
    Then she would have nothing to offer