Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thread Drift: No More Peter Parker after Amazing Spider-Man #700?

My far-fetched theory is that something goes down and Peter/Spider-Man is believed killed. He actually gets thrust into a Quantum Leap style storyline jumping from various realities Ultimate, House of M, pre-OMD, zombie universe, etc. The world he leaves behind must cope with his death while he tries desperately to get back home to the 616. Or something. It's a long shot but it's mine ;) That aside, if someone else is gonna die I'm gonna say Carlie.
    Last edited by Rolltideguy77; 04-23-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    I'm a loner Dottie...a rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltideguy77 View Post
    My far-fetched theory is that something goes down and Peter/Spider-Man is believed killed. He actually gets thrust into a Quantum Leap style storyline jumping from various realities Ultimate, House of M, pre-OMD, zombie universe, etc. The world he leaves behind must cope with his death while he tries desperately to get back home to the 616. Or something. It's a long shot but it's mine ;) That aside, if someone else is gonna die I'm gonna say Carlie.
    Interesting theory. As you yourself said it's a far-fetched one but at least it's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I predict that Mephisto will be seen in the background somewhere in #700 riding the Spider-Mobile, and that it will become the subject of a 15 page thread on these forums.
    LOL I'd love to see Mephisto on a Spider Mobile haha.

Also ONLY 15 pages? I'd have thought it'd be at least 15,000 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltideguy77 View Post
    My far-fetched theory is that something goes down and Peter/Spider-Man is believed killed. He actually gets thrust into a Quantum Leap style storyline jumping from various realities Ultimate, House of M, pre-OMD, zombie universe, etc. The world he leaves behind must cope with his death while he tries desperately to get back home to the 616. .

So basically what happened to Batman just over 2 years ago?

Or hell, what happened to Captain America just over 2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Couch Potato View Post
    Mary Jane will marry Carlie Cooper
    Hahaha I like the way you think lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarriorBlake View Post
    So basically what happened to Batman just over 2 years ago?

Or hell, what happened to Captain America just over 2 years ago?
    Or what happened to Multiple Man between January and March of this year?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xfact2005231_int_lr_0002.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	92330
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post

Basically.
    I'm a loner Dottie...a rebel

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post

Non-death time and dimension hopping is the new death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I don't ''know'' anything at this point regarding what may or may not happen in 700 and Dying Wish. I am merely speculating like everyone else is at the moment. It could be Peter's dying wish for all I know but in my opinion they won't kill him off (this year at least) and if anyone does die it'll be their dying wish.

Didn't Marvel mention something about this being Peter's last year as Spider-Man?

I doubt that they will kill him off like they did with his Ultimate Comics counterpart, but that would mean that he'll likely turn over the mantle of Spider-Man to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...changing.jhtml

Drops a couple hints about what #700 could be, including the two-part story leading up to it.

Well, I assume it's two parts, considering the schedule ahead:

-685-687: Ends of the Earth(Ramos, then Caselli)
    -688-692: No Turning Back(Camuncoli)
    -693-694: Spider-Man 50th Anniversary story(Ramos)
    -695-697: Danger Zone(I'm gonna assume Caselli fits in here into the rotation
    -698-699: Dying Wish(Camuncoli)
    -700: OMG MJ GETS TOGETHER WITH PETER PARKER, UNTIL HE DIES THAT IS(Ramos)
    If they kill off the real Spidey to mimic what they did in the Ultimate universe, Marvel is gone beyond all hope.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    If they kill off the real Spidey to mimic what they did in the Ultimate universe, Marvel is gone beyond all hope.
    Marvel is never gone beyond all hope...if they take a big risk and feel it doesn't pay off, they can backtrack, ala The Clone Saga.

That said, I really don't feel Peter Parker is marked for death here...or that if he's taken off the table for a while, Miles Morales is on deck in the 616.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Didn't Marvel mention something about this being Peter's last year as Spider-Man?

I doubt that they will kill him off like they did with his Ultimate Comics counterpart, but that would mean that he'll likely turn over the mantle of Spider-Man to someone else.
    Yes there was a discussion about that a while back after Wacker (I think it was Wacker anyway lol) said about it being Peter's last year as Spider-Man.

He could hand it over to someone (my guess would be Kaine) assuming he quits as Spidey that is, we'll soon find out.

Spectacular Spider-Fan ScarletSpiderFan's Avatar

I would be extremely upset about that. And while I may not be a huge fan of the idea I could definitely agree that now would be the best time. Closing Peter's 50th anniversary by FINALLY letting him live a normal life would absolutely make sense. At the same time I think it wouldn't really make sense to give the "mantle" to Kaine; if Peter's retiring due to age it wouldn't make sense because Kaine's just as old (well not really but you know what I mean), not to mention his superhero career is just kicking off and he's still grappling with responsibility.

But I guess if this is meant to be then we've been getting a subtle prepping from Marvel. The death of Ultimate Peter Parker? The SCARLET SPIDER!?!?!? Hello??? The last 616 non-Peter Spider-Man was, oh yeah, the SCARLET FRICKIN' SPIDER.

Whatever they decide I'll support (for a while). I've seen Marvel pull themselves out of shit-storms like OMD, and as much as I hated it, BND was a much-needed status quo change and IMPROVEMENT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletSpiderFan View Post
    I would be extremely upset about that. And while I may not be a huge fan of the idea I could definitely agree that now would be the best time. Closing Peter's 50th anniversary by FINALLY letting him live a normal life would absolutely make sense. At the same time I think it wouldn't really make sense to give the "mantle" to Kaine; if Peter's retiring due to age it wouldn't make sense because Kaine's just as old (well not really but you know what I mean), not to mention his superhero career is just kicking off and he's still grappling with responsibility.

But I guess if this is meant to be then we've been getting a subtle prepping from Marvel. The death of Ultimate Peter Parker? The SCARLET SPIDER!?!?!? Hello??? The last 616 non-Peter Spider-Man was, oh yeah, the SCARLET FRICKIN' SPIDER.

Whatever they decide I'll support (for a while). I've seen Marvel pull themselves out of shit-storms like OMD, and as much as I hated it, BND was a much-needed status quo change and IMPROVEMENT.

Well, if this is going to be Peter's last year as Spider-Man it would be nice if they ended it by undoing the events of OMD and restoring the marriage.

Perhaps Mephisto can show up and say something like...

Mephisto: Oh...you're giving up being Spider-Man now? Cool! As a result I'll restore your marriage to Mary Jane. You had it undone in a deal with me to save your aunt May's life. Mary Jane as your wife would've been a motive for you to act in the future that would've foiled one of my plans.

Peter Parker: What!?! You $#%@ing Bastard! If all you wanted was for me to give up being Spider-Man I would've gladly done so in a heartbeat! Do you truly think that being Spider-Man is more important to me than my love for Mary Jane?! My wife is my life! Grow a brain next time! Now restore my marriage so I can live happily ever after with the woman I love! Miles Morales is taking my place so go bother him now!

Either that or they could simply get re-married.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 04-24-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Well, if this is going to be Peter's last year as Spider-Man it would be nice if they ended it by undoing the events of OMD and restoring the marriage.

Perhaps Mephisto can show up and say something like...

Mephisto: Oh...you're giving up being Spider-Man now? Cool! As a result I'll restore your marriage to Mary Jane. You had it undone in a deal with me to save your aunt May's life. Mary Jane as your wife would've been a motive for you to act in the future that would've foiled one of my plans.

Peter Parker: What!?! You $#%@ing Bastard! If all you wanted was for me to give up being Spider-Man I would've gladly done so in a heartbeat! Do you truly think that being Spider-Man is more important to me than my love for Mary Jane?! My wife is my life! Grow a brain next time! Now restore my marriage so I can live happily ever after with the woman I love! Miles Morales is taking my place so go bother him now!

Either that or they could simply get re-married.
    Well...yeah.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Well...yeah.

Peter gave up his marriage to Mary Jane in the deal with Mephisto to save aunt May.

If aunt May hadn't been shot and Mephisto forced Peter to choose between his marriage to Mary Jane or being Spider-Man do you really think he would've given up his marriage?

I think he would've given up being Spider-Man in a heartbeat rather than sacrifice his marriage to Mary Jane.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 04-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.