Default When Will Panya Start Walking?

Back in B.P.R.D.: King of Fear Panya was told she would be walking in a year or so. As of B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Long Death it has now been almost exactly a year internal time. I guess she'll be leaving that wheelchair behind soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panya Walking.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	92075
    I hope when it happens, her attendant (seen in the picture above) starts appearing a little more frequently. I'd like to see her grow into a fuller supporting role.

Soon, I hope! I love these books but the Arcudi/Mignola team takes there time with some developments in their stories. It would just be nice to know more about Panya and what she is up to and I think if she becomes able to move about and potentially go on field missions we could start to learn quite a bit about her.

I think it's as likely that she'll try and inhabit that artificial body- like the one Johann had for a minute- once it's done developing.
    Which would truly suck for our favorite talking trashbag.
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

Well, for me it's like I wasn't awaiting Panya to be getting rid of the wheelchair at all. But I do admit I'm anticipating her doing far more stuff.

And inhabiting other bodies, as reasonable as that sounds, I don't think it would be good for Panya to do away with her actual body at any point,

because why not stick to it?

For me it's like how to view old age or either wheelchairs:

- wheelchairs are a sign of independence and resilience and autonomy more rather than the opposite IMO.

- old age is not a thing to wanna avoid or only by folk who haven't lived to the fullest?
    I mean I'm not gonna avoid my growing old because it would be mine to have, if all goes well.
    And there might be stuff to it being to suck but that goes for all life to any capacity.

So I hope for a lot of Panya-action still to come, with her potentially keeping to herself plus the wheelchair.

Like Johann - that dinky coot - got a lot of limelight compaired to Panya - and I kind of like Johann, but I wanna see a lot more of Panya. She's intriguing.

Also, for any truely heroic team or Bureau, I'd believe that any such characters could be in need of any guidance into strength or buffness they could get.
    And who would know more about strength and heroicness and leadership than potentially "old folk"?
    I'd think that like Bruttenholm in his day, old Panya could form to be a haven of strength and knowledge, for either Kate or any of the agents.
    Especially since Hellboy might now seem "gone for good".
    I'm kind of expecting Panya to be, even or especially if she could be having some stuff up her sleeve.

And anyone will agree that there wouldn't be enough old people in comics I'd say. Or cool old people at least. Some of my favorite people are quite old, like I always love it when elderly act up or speak their mind as if not giving a hoot or hooha.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-06-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: to add.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

I think it has to be Abe that steps up and leads- even if he's a horrific from monster, I'd follow him before a schemeing Slim Jim.
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

Maybe one day, but we've already seen with Devon how trust can be shaken, and Devon had been working beside Abe for nearly a year when King of Fear happened. With the B.P.R.D. as splintered as it currently is, as a monster he'd have to work with many human agents which may not trust him. He'll need to earn that position all over again, and before he does that he'll need to learn how to trust himself.

Let's face it, Abe had doubts when faced with what The Black Flame told him in King of Fear. Now that he's turned into a crazy monster, he's really going to have to face the very real possibility that he is a frog monster, and he'll need to decide whether he can trust his own instincts again, or if there's perhaps something inside him beyond his control.

I'd love to see Abe lead the group again, but I think if it's ever going to happen, it's a long way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I hope when it happens, her attendant (seen in the picture above) starts appearing a little more frequently. I'd like to see her grow into a fuller supporting role.
    Yeah me too. I sent something to Hellmail a week or two back asking about some of the supporting charatcers like her, in particular I was asking if she's been named on panel. If she has I missed it! Looking back through previous issues she seems to have had a few more appearances aside from working with Panya. I think it was her in War on Frogs #4 that deals with Agent Catlett the BPRD grunt being haunted by frog ghosts.