Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thor's so manly.

i want evil reed to win so bad. the world will be a better place.
    Last edited by G@ry; 04-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

his arm is bleeding

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    How are the shocked faces a major flaw? What if they really are that surprised.
    It's the googly eyes that look a bit weird. I don't mind it too much though.

Thor's hammer is the same size but the perception of the last panel makes it look bigger instead of farther out.
    Even back when I first saw the hammer return in #3, I thought it was a bit smaller than it should've been. I remember in Millar's Ultimates it was a big fuck off hench thing and it looked heavy. Not the pidly little baseball bat size that we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I was talking about Thor's hammer changing sizes. The shocked faces is a major flaw in Ribic's art.
    I agree with you on the Hammer but the shocked faces really aren't all that bad. I actually think Ribic is pretty damn good at drawing faces. I love his art. But I agree with what you posted a few weeks ago. Bring on Luke Ross. Let's see what he can do.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-20-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling error

Elder Member

How are the shocked faces a major flaw? What if they really are that surprised.
    Thor's hammer is the same size but the perception of the last panel makes it look bigger instead of farther out.
    When everyone has the same face *cough* *Immonen* *cough* it's a major flaw.

On Vacation

When everyone has the same face *cough* *Immonen* *cough* it's a major flaw.
    Ribic draws a lot of the same faces but not everyone. If we want to talk about an artist who draws the same faces over and over *cough* *David Finch* *cough*

Elder Member

Ribic draws a lot of the same faces but not everyone. If we want to talk about an artist who draws the same faces over and over *cough* *David Finch* *cough*
    I'm saying all of Ribic's shocked faces are the same. It was tolerable at the beginning but now it's just annoying.

I HATE Finch's art!

Am I right in thinking that Thor is doing all this without his power-harness on?
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Am I right in thinking that Thor is doing all this without his power-harness on?
    He's not actually using any superpowers, he's just hitting a guy in the nuts with a large blunt object, which just happens to be his hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    He's not actually using any superpowers, he's just hitting a guy in the nuts with a large blunt object, which just happens to be his hammer.
    And jumping from a building onto a hovercraft. Thor = Badass with or without powers!
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Anthony??? It's Antonio...

THANK YOU!!!

Yeah, I kept noticing that, but I didn't want to say anything seeing how people reacted last time I criticized Ribic's art...
    He also seems to have lost his ponytail in the first frame........

Very few artists actually draw radically different faces for everyone. That's one of the easiest ways to tell who's drawing a comic, look at the faces. Art Adams, Frank Cho, and John Romita Jr are big name artists notable for drawing the same face on everyone.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Very few artists actually draw radically different faces for everyone. That's one of the easiest ways to tell who's drawing a comic, look at the faces. Art Adams, Frank Cho, and John Romita Jr are big name artists notable for drawing the same face on everyone.
    Yah I know I was just having fun with Wyo because he loves Ultimatum so much. Even Bryan Hitch has the same faces. I just recently read America's got Powers and it hasn't changed for a decade. I actually like the way Ribic draws faces because he mixes shocked faces with regular faces.

Man this preview looks awesome. I'll miss Hickman and Ribic. =(
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Sinx? No love for Dean White? I think he is leaving too right? The way that guy colored Ribics art was like he actually cared for every detail with his fine paint brushing technique and vibrant colors. This guy was proud of his work we can't leave him out. Unless he is staying on then you don't have to miss him. We need a Ultimate Comics: Ultimates by Johnathon Hickman appreciation thread.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 04-20-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Yeah, but we'll be getting Humphries and Ross... So it should also be pretty good
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF