Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV @ C2E2: Quesada on "Spider-Men," "Marvel Universe," "The Avengers" & More

Marvel Comics' Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada spoke with CBR News from the floor of C2E2, discussing the inception of the Marvel Universe/Ultimate Universe crossover "Spider-Men" and his appearances on Disney XD.

Full article here.

I enjoyed reading that interview. While I don't think Mr. Quesada can have it both ways, regarding how much weight should be given to his past statements, I still sense a certain sincerity from him.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Just remember kids, adults don't feel they should be held accountable for what they say or do, so you shouldn't feel the need either.

I have no problem with someone changing their minds. If all of us could read what we said aloud years ago I'm sure there would be things contradictory.

I did find this funny though.

Quesada says , "I would go to these creative summits and every once in a while a creator would say, "Let's cross over the Ultimate Universe with the Marvel Universe," and I'd go, "No. Stop. Are we out of ideas? Do we have to do this?" Because what was happening was there was no story behind it. They weren't coming at it with "I've got this great story about how these two universes can unite." That's not what was happening. It was strictly a grotesque publicity-grabbing marketing event with no story involved. "

And .... when has that stopped Marvel from going ahead with something?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks303 View Post
    Just remember kids, adults don't feel they should be held accountable for what they say or do, so you shouldn't feel the need either.
    Should we beat Quesada with sticks? What kind of punishment should come with changing your mind ten years later?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I have no interest in Spider-Men. I won't be buying it. There are those who will be buying the book. End of Story.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Should we beat Quesada with sticks? What kind of punishment should come with changing your mind ten years later?
    From now on he shall be known as Joe "Mitt Romney" Quesada until the end of time.
    Because he FLIP FLOPS!

Wait... Spider-men is happening because they didnt want to bother Slott? The hell is this? Pretty Slott would be happy to be doing something with Spider-man's 50th. This is a horrible sounding excuse.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 04-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Changing your mind is okay. But if you say "If there's ever" then, yeah, don't expect fans to keep an open mind when you didn't. Perhaps he should've thought twice before making such a grand statement.
    ♫ "I want to disturb my neighbor
    Cause I'm feeling so right
    I want to turn up my disco
    Blow them to full Watts tonight
    In a rub-a-dub style, in a rub-a-dub style"♫

BANNED

All this could have been avoided if marvel just hire some good PR people. What's the point of price gouging your fan base if yiu dont use those funds where they are needed.