View Poll Results: Which of these team-up books is your favorite?

Voters
38. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • The Brave and the Bold

18 47.37%
  • DC Comics Presents

1 2.63%
  • Marvel Team-Up

8 21.05%
  • Marvel Two-in-One

7 18.42%
  • Other (specify in comments)

4 10.53%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Brave and the Bold.

But I voted other, because I'm assuming the title in the poll is the original Batman book, whereas I liked the recent Waid/JMS series.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Brave and the Bold.

But I voted other, because I'm assuming the title in the poll is the original Batman book, whereas I liked the recent Waid/JMS series.
    I liked that one too. Eliminating a few spectacularly awful issues at the start of the Straczynski run, which were both formulaic in a boring way (The hero loses his powers or spends the issue tied up or something so they can't do cool stuff) and both predictably and heavy-handedly moralistic...

You've got about 31 good issues from a 35 issue series. Even the interim writers were surprisingly good - the Hine/Braithwhite stuff was about the best dark science fiction story I've ever read in a superhero book. Not that there's a lot of competition.

Definitely the best rotating cast team-up book, IMO. Much better than, say, Super-Team family or Marvel Team-Up (Third series) and far more consistently good than the pre-Batman Brave and the Bold stories in the '60s.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Marvel Team-Up. It's the title that brought me into comics, and I think it is the most straight forward title of the bunch (followed quickly by Marvel Two-in-One). I would love to see the return of both those titles, actually.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Marvel Team-Up. It's the title that brought me into comics, and I think it is the most straight forward title of the bunch (followed quickly by Marvel Two-in-One). I would love to see the return of both those titles, actually.
    There's an Avenging Spider-Man book, now. So far it's solidly Okay... Just like (let's face it) 80% of the original Marvel Team-0Up series. Which is basically the same thing. I was afraid it was going to be completely Avengers-centric, but there was a Daredevil and Punisher issue so I guess that's not true. (Not as good as the spectacular Bill
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    I voted for Other, because I am a total cheater. My pick is Rom Team-Up, better known as Rom. Like I said, it's a cheat, but really, starting around issue 17, Rom had one guest star or another in almost every storyline for the rest of the run. Rom Team-Up!
    Mantlo loved using guest-stars in both Rom and Micronauts. But yeah, maybe even moreso in Rom.

(He also seemed to have a thing for obscure Hulk foes in Rom. Missing Link, Metal Master, Gremlin (son of the Gargoyle)...)

Of these, the Marvel books are the only ones I've read much of, and I think I preferred MTIO. I was fond of The Thing, and not a fan of Spider-Man, and the stories seemed richer. Sometimes there'd even be arcs, like the Serpent Crown Affair.

Of course MTU #100 is a classic.