View Poll Results: Which of these team-up books is your favorite?

Voters
38. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • The Brave and the Bold

18 47.37%
  • DC Comics Presents

1 2.63%
  • Marvel Team-Up

8 21.05%
  • Marvel Two-in-One

7 18.42%
  • Other (specify in comments)

4 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite team-up title

Which of these team-up books is your personal favorite, and why? Any special memories of any of these?

It was close between Brave & Bold and Marvel Two-in-one, but I gave it to MTIO because of the early stories with the Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange & Valkyrie, and later the Project Pegasus storyline.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Probably you should also note the existence of the two runs (other than a couple of miniseries, I think) of Brave & the Bold. The first is of course classic, but the incarnation from the last half-decade or so was actually very good overall.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Brave and Bold is not only my favorite team-up title, it's my all-time favorite series period. From the delicious Heath and Kubert art in #1 to the Earth-1 Batman/Earth-2 Batman story 200 issues later, there isn't a single issue of the title that doesn't have something worthwhile in it (even if only a reminder of how good a bad comic can be ). And, while I only picked up the first 12 issues, I echo dan's appreciation for the Waid/Perez/Ordway revival.

Cei-U!
    I summon my B&B boxes!
    Last edited by Cei-U!; 04-19-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

I voted for Other, because I am a total cheater. My pick is Rom Team-Up, better known as Rom. Like I said, it's a cheat, but really, starting around issue 17, Rom had one guest star or another in almost every storyline for the rest of the run. Rom Team-Up!
    Last edited by Scott Harris; 04-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Brave and Bold. I started reading as a kid with # 106 not knowing I was dropping in on a spectacular run by Aparo. I somehow managed to get a copy of #100 a short time later and was blown away by Green Arrow actually shooting some bad guys with his arrows. Some of my all time favorite comics.
    The 2008 series was pretty darn good too.

I've
    Written
    About
    This
    Topic
    Before.
    <----- Also a link.

But of the choices listed, it's Brave and the Bold by quite a bit.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Brave & Bold. Haney...Aparo...Brennert. By a country mile.

DC Comics Presents, because I'm a Superman fan.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

And, heck, here are my favorite from the non Big Four.

1) Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    2) Ultimate Marvel Team-Up
    3) Marvel Age Spider-Man Team-Up
    4) Super-Villain Team-Up
    5) Super-Team Family

I voted for B&B on the strength of the Haney/Aparo team. DCCP was pretty good, but hard to predict from issue to issue. With B&B during that long run of Haney/Aparo, I looked forward to every issue, no matter who Batman was teamed up with--because I just loved to read anything by that creative team.

In the category of other we should not forget World's Finest (which was a Superman-Batman team-up, but for awhile became a Superman team-up) and Action Comics (during the Byrne run).

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I voted for B&B on the strength of the Haney/Aparo team. DCCP was pretty good, but hard to predict from issue to issue. With B&B during that long run of Haney/Aparo, I looked forward to every issue, no matter who Batman was teamed up with--because I just loved to read anything by that creative team.

In the category of other we should not forget World's Finest (which was a Superman-Batman team-up, but for awhile became a Superman team-up) and Action Comics (during the Byrne run).
    Yep. And yep.

And since we're here and I can talk about team-up books for hours. There was a Marvel Team-Up second series (11 issues) and a third series (25 issues.) Spider-Man also anchored Spider-Man team-up (7 issues) and Spider-Man family was a team-up book between issues 3 and 9. There's also the current Avenging Spider-Man title which is up to issue 6.

There was a short (3 issue) "Tales of the Thing" series in the early '00s which retold (Not reprinted) Marvel Two-In-One stories, along with one original.

I count both the DC PLUS books and the Double Shot books as team-up books. I prefer serial numbering, though!

Richie Rich and Casper both had team-up ish titles in the late nineties - Both of them burned off old inventory stories.

First comics published the Crossroads mini-series, which teamed up Grimjack, Nexus, Whisper and the Badger among others.

Western Team-Up and Shuriken Team-Up lasted all of one issues. And there are a handful of other one-shots And there are a bunch of annuals and specials. Some of the more obscure ones: Brave and the Bold basically had an "annual" in one issue of DC Special Series (written by Haney, sadly not drawn by Aparo) the John Byrne Action team-up one yielded, oddly, Action Comics Annual # 1 - in 1986! - teaming Superman with Batman. Even Marvel Age Spider-Man Team-Up (which I love, and only lasted 5 issues) had a one shot special attached.

Along those lines, we should mention all the tabloid team-ups (plus the non-tabloid team-up of New Teen Titans and X-Men). Not a series, but an ongoing thing--at least for awhile.

The Brave and the Bold simply for Jim Aparo.

Batman, Superman, Spider-Man...whatta buncha wimps. The only mans (or womans for that matta) book worth its salt stars the dude who dont need to name himself THINGMAN.
    Marvel Two In One hands down over those udda selfish losers.
    kalorama :Take your reason and logic and begone! We don't cotton to your like 'round here!