Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GEMINUS View Post
    I honestly think that it was done intentionally. Kind of as a "haha, she flies" sort of thing on the part of the creative team.
    So they're intentionally being bad? So i'm paying 4 bucks to get trolled?

Is whether she flies or not a dealbreaker of some kind? Versions of Diana have been flying since the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Is whether she flies or not a dealbreaker of some kind? Versions of Diana have been flying since the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    It would have been for me. I have seen Diana fly on her own for the last 28 years, whether it was her own book or the animated shows. The only exception was her own animated movie. I think flying is a very cool power to have and I like Diana having this ability.

Something about her pose and facial expression just screams "look at me, I am lifting a plane". Its very similar to the face she sported while attacking Darksied. Her face then said, "look at me, I am blinding the guy who took out superman." Now that I think about it, a good number of her awesome JL moments have been accompanied with an exaggerated facial expression. I think the creative team might be trying a little too hard to make her look bad a**.

I didnt care for her lifting the plane. The best part for me was the flashback where they end up on Apocolips and she's smiling like "parademons? Hellz yeah! Cyborg you should malfunction more often!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    So they're intentionally being bad? So i'm paying 4 bucks to get trolled?
    it's not that you're getting trolled. I just don't think they know there's a controversy with her flying to begin with and are going with the pre-600 abilities. I wonder if they know this is going on ovver at Wonder Woman Comic Camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    it's not that you're getting trolled. I just don't think they know there's a controversy with her flying to begin with and are going with the pre-600 abilities. I wonder if they know this is going on ovver at Wonder Woman Comic Camp.
    No, they're being inconsistent, not just from WW to JL, but from one issue of JL to the next.

No, they're being inconsistent, not just from WW to JL, but from one issue of JL to the next.
    Maybe she could always fly, but just wanted to hitch a ride with GL to file her nails?

Flying is good; looking forward to this issue (subscription has yet to arrive).
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Maybe she could always fly, but just wanted to hitch a ride with GL to file her nails?

Flying is good; looking forward to this issue (subscription has yet to arrive).
    Dont. It's a bad issue if you ask me.

Dont. It's a bad issue if you ask me.
    hmm, bad? how so?
    - Longfellow

hmm, bad? how so?
    Start reading from around page 4 or 5.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ers-discussion

hmm, bad? how so?
    I agree with him. If you buy JL to get a WW fix, this won't do it. She's horrible in the artwork! Even worse than Chiang's fill-in!

I agree with him. If you buy JL to get a WW fix, this won't do it. She's horrible in the artwork! Even worse than Chiang's fill-in!
    I used to buy the book for a WW fix since Azzarello's WW book wasnt enough for me. There is some nice build up on Steve and Etta (mostly in the previous issue, not this one) but nothing about WW. So if its WW you want, or any other JL member for that matter, you wont get them in the JL book. There's no story or characters. Its more like an action figure advertisement.

AH! Bad artwork is bad. Oh well, I'm already subscribed. Hopefully #9 will be better?
    - Longfellow

I forgot to add that it's not just an action figure commercial, it's also a commercial for other books. Apart from an indirect boost to Green Arrow, the book BLATANTLY advertises Night of Owls and JL Dark. BLATANTLY.

Character wise, you know you're doing something bad when Steve Trevor is the most interesting part of a JL book with Superman, Batman, WW, GL, etc. Trevor and Argus sort of are DC's Fury and Shield. I'm personally loving that.

The Shazam backup is good too.