Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    I also love how dani and doug are wearing "there verison of the new X-men Uniforms"
    Which goes back to my Flex Mentallo remark. David Lopez must be a fan of Frank Quitely, even going so far as to rejig the New X-Men leathers.

Honestly, I really, REALLY hope that this book doesn't get cancelled. The sales are mediocre, but the quality seems to be on the upswing.

It was really cool to see nate so nervous, can we also get future kids from dani and nate jk

this issue is only 2.99
    I know, and if all the issues were of this quality, I'd happily pay a dollar more!
    READ SNARKED!

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    To empathize, Dani's doing the same to the nearest available toiletface in the scan posted.
    LOL. When in Madripoor, I guess...

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    Which goes back to my Flex Mentallo remark. David Lopez must be a fan of Frank Quitely, even going so far as to rejig the New X-Men leathers.

Honestly, I really, REALLY hope that this book doesn't get cancelled. The sales are mediocre, but the quality seems to be on the upswing.
    the sale are up there with x-factor and there going into a crossover that should bump them up in sales and KG is writing with DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebro McTypo View Post
    I've noticed something so far on DnA's run: the one shot issues are awesome...while the multiple issue story are just ok.

They should turn NM into a sit-com
    Hell yeah, that would be hilarious! I would totally watch and read that!

this issue is only 2.99
    I'd pay an extra dollar for consistently good NM stories!

I think that it's consistent with their characters though. Bobby always fancied himself a ladies man, but never really was. Doug was never a ladies man and now suddenly understands them in ways Bobby can't. Neither one of them knows women anymore than the next guy, but it's funny watching them go for it. Doug's play by play is just too funny at times.
    Sunspot may not have been a true lady killer, but it was not from lack of confidence. Even when he failed, he picked himself up quickly and moved on to the next one. You're right that's it's not out of line with his character though, as it is likely a reaction to the constant rejection from Magma, whom he obviously has real feelings for. His original lady killer attempts were trying to avoid becoming emotional attached due to the death of his first girlfriend. Having to watch Magma date Mephisto over him is understandably eating him up on the inside. I mean, damn that's an insult.

I can't wait to see Doug's take on members of the opposite sex. It's been awesome seeing things from his point of view, way to totally revitalize a stale character.

This is really the sort of fun that's generally been missing from the X-universe for a few years now. The X-Men have been all broody since at least HoM and maybe even before. Nice for somebody to not only remember that the word "fun" is in the dictionary, but these characters more than just code names with costumes.
    The done in ones really feel like issues of the original series to me, where they spent as much time hanging out as they did adventuring. It's been great to get back to that feel when all the other books seem so stuffy and serious. I like adventure, but just as much time should be spent in downtime since the book is essentially about a family.

Is Trois completely new? There isn't a forgotten MCP story about Wolverine meeting her or something?
    READ SNARKED!

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

I think that it's consistent with their characters though. Bobby always fancied himself a ladies man, but never really was. Doug was never a ladies man and now suddenly understands them in ways Bobby can't.
    I declare shenanigans. Bobby has always fancied himself a ladies' man, as you said, but rarely was actually depicted as a successful one. But Doug was more of an unintentional ladies' man -- he never went out of his way, but women (Rahne, Tarot, Roulette, Psylocke, Cyndi [Legion's female personality]) always seemed drawn to him anyway. I actually really like that element of his character, because (intentional or not) it's a subtle, natural extension of his power -- he understands language and women, far more than men, tend to place a great deal of importance on communication. It's only natural that they'd be subconsciously drawn to someone whose power lets him understand the things they're not saying as much as the stuff they are.

On that note- the hug/jump on his back is a minor thing, but wonder if they're setting up Blink as a possible Doug love interest?

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

the sale are up there with x-factor and there going into a crossover that should bump them up in sales and KG is writing with DNA
    Bumps are only temporary though. As of March, it ranks #88 with 21,508 copies on the sales chart. That puts it on par with Jeff Parker's Hulk, which sold 21,510 that month. The book also still sells more than Thunderbolts and Secret Avengers, but it's also barely selling more than the recently cancelled X-23. That, iirc, makes it the lowest selling X-book that's still being published.

What concerns me is that the book keeps on bleeding readership. March 2010, the book was selling 36.6k and ranked #49. In March 2012, it sold 21.5k and ranked #88. That's a drop of 42% over 2 years. From Feb 2012 to March 2012 alone, the book dropped 7.5%. (It ranked #74 for January with about 23.9k sales)

At this point, they're just about at their threshold for cancellation. And with the book consistently sliding, as we approach issue #50, I'm convinced that Marvel's going to yank the plug on the book. Marvel needs to do more to bring it back into the fold with the rest of the mutant titles. Sitting on the outer rim of the X-verse has rarely been good for x-titles. X-Factor is a rare exception.

So is Dani secretly having a relationship with a blam devil? That is sick!
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I declare shenanigans. Bobby has always fancied himself a ladies' man, as you said, but rarely was actually depicted as a successful one. But Doug was more of an unintentional ladies' man -- he never went out of his way, but women (Rahne, Tarot, Roulette, Psylocke, Cyndi [Legion's female personality]) always seemed drawn to him anyway. I actually really like that element of his character, because (intentional or not) it's a subtle, natural extension of his power -- he understands language and women, far more than men, tend to place a great deal of importance on communication. It's only natural that they'd be subconsciously drawn to someone whose power lets him understand the things they're not saying as much as the stuff they are.

On that note- the hug/jump on his back is a minor thing, but wonder if they're setting up Blink as a possible Doug love interest?

-D
    Yeah, when Doug slapped Roulette in the face, it showed he really understands how a woman should be treated.

I love the art in this! Nice stand-alone issue about drug addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Yeah, when Doug slapped Roulette in the face, it showed he really understands how a woman should be treated.
    One writer will have Hank Pym or Peter Parker slap Jan or MJ, respectively. Another writer will write them as being the total opposite of that. Different writer, different characterization. One issue Wolverine has unbreakable bones. The next issue space gangsters break his legs. Something is always true or untrue until the writer says otherwise. How many times has Bendis written characters out of character just to serve his story? A lot. That's fiction for you.

yeah, this was a fun issue. much needed after that last story arc, which i didn't really care for. so, anyone wanna take bets on how many issues it takes before Cannonball shows up pissed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

I love the art in this! Nice stand-alone issue about drug addiction.
    So Blink was on drugs after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    so, anyone wanna take bets on how many issues it takes before Cannonball shows up pissed?
    Maybe Future Cannonball will say something when he pops up in #45, part of the "Fear The Future” arc that's being described as "the climax of all the sinister seeds that DnA have been planting".