Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Red face Uncanny X-Force 24 Spoilers

It's nightcrawler vs AOA Ice Man!! It's a heartfelt battle where Nightcrawler questions killing ice man. He has no choice & eventually does in throwing him in a furnace. Psylocke & Fantomex go Jamie's Funeral. Captain Britain & Fatomex have a heated exchange then leave otherworld. They arrive back @ cavern X where Fantomex has a conversation with genesis & at The end Psylocke drops her night gown for him. Good issue & great art!
    Last edited by mar420x; 04-18-2012 at 10:03 AM.

God this issue is really making me think 'ol Betts is biting the dust! CRAP!!!!!

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

issue 24 you mean
    future man
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Default Uncany X-Force #24- Review and Spoilers.....

First off I want to say thank god for an artist change. Noto and Dean were a great team up. This is so much easier on the eyes than the Otherworld arc.

It starts off by a Redhead knocking on a door, to which AoA Iceman responds to come in. Iceman is surrounded by Madripoor Ladies of the night. The Redhead turns out to be Deadpool, who has a shotgun to Iceman's heart. Deadpool stops to make a joke, giving Iceman enough time to freeze his gun. He then knocks Deadpool through a few buildings.

Wolverine and AoA Nightcrawler go in. It then pans to Otherworld, Jamie's funeral. Brian is giving a speech on why and what and how he died with honor. Betsy says nothing, looks at no one and seems very cold. Fantomex begins to speak with Brian, and Brian goes off the handle a bit. Yelling how he wanted to gloat, and how he was a hypocrite and he understands sometimes you have to kill children and family, but in the end it doesn't matter because death comes. Fantomex says no, and offers his condolences. As Fantomex and Betsy head off Brian calls to Betsy, when she turns he says never mind.

Nightcrawler has teleported Iceman far above Madripoor, in an attempt to blow him up. However Iceman freezes the bomb and Nightcrawler and himself together. Wolverine cuts off Iceman's arm, and Nightcrawler and him teleport to safety while Iceman drops. Iceman guts out the bomb and drops it as he goes for Kurt, which leads Wolverine to jump off the roof after it. He lands on it and taking all the explosion to save near by citizens. While that happened Nightcrawler was completely frozen by Iceman. It's looking grim.....

Pans back to the X-Cave, Fantomex is saying Betsy is off, and cold and distant and etc..... She turns and tells him if anything could have pushed her over the edge its killing Jamie, and storms off.

Nightcrawler is completely free again and swording off as many Iceman clones as he can. The whole time he is having internal dialogue of how this is not Bobby, the jokster, the good guy, and he must not forget his betrayal.

He teleports to where the real Iceman is, who is just relaxing as if this isn't even breaking a sweat. Nightcrawler grabs him and teleports them both to a building with two huge smoke stacks. It does not say what happens there so I cannot be sure what the building is used for. However Iceman is paused and asks what is this. Nightcrawler informs him his death. Iceman realizes wherever they are, there is no moisture in the air, and therefor powerless. Nightcrawler is about to behead him, but chooses to fight no powers and no weapons. They battle it out, and Nightcrawler gets the upper hand. Iceman is out and pleading for his life, Nightcrawler simply places him in a fire pit. We see his legs melt away.

Deadpool is then seen helping Wolverine down an Ally. Nightcrawler teleports in, tells them Iceman is dead, and teleports them all out. It then pans to Fantomex talking to Genesis on his computer, asking him about school and vice versa. Betsy then walks in, Fantomex lets Genesis go. He says he is glad she came, but then Betsy disrobes and she is completely naked and kisses him. The End.

This was a great issue, for a one and done it was paced perfect. Touched some great points, Betsy losing it with Angel and Jamie for one. Remender as always does great at speaking for the characters. Iceman and Nightcrawlers whole battle was emotional to say the least. They are two friends fighting to the end, and Nightcrawler can think of nothing more than wishing it could be the way it was. My only qualm is I am sure Iceman cannot be killed so simple. Hasn't he been turned into steam before and survived?

I give it a 9 out of 10...... Cannot wait for the next arc...
    Last edited by wader0069; 04-18-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Sounds like Psylocke is gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Sounds like Psylocke is gonna die.
    Too bad we know with certainty she's not.....

You might want to put spoiler tags on all of this. Well, maybe not, since it is in the title. /shrug
    spoilers:
    And is it just me or is it pretty disturbing to see Nightcrawler not only kill his close/best friend after said friend begs for mercy but then watch with this dead look while the guy burns to death? Woah.
    end of spoilers

No need for spoiler tags in a spoiler thread.....

I thought that was super cool actually .

NC got straight to work. AoA really hardened him up.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I thought that was super cool actually .

NC got straight to work. AoA really hardened him up.
    Nightcrawler was not joking around...... I am very pleased and glad this Iceman plot won't be dangling. Now bring on Shadow King, Lady Deathstrike, and the Reavers!!!!

It was cool, but wow....

I really liked the issue as a whole. SO much better than the Otherworld arc. I like the Betsy Fanto thing as well and I'm glad Remender hasn't dropped the ball with Genesis/Evan.

Quote Originally Posted by wader0069 View Post
    Too bad we know with certainty she's not.....

I agree I dont think it is her at all.
    If Bishop had succeeded, we would've never had AvX. Bishop was right. - Seresecros

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    You might want to put spoiler tags on all of this. Well, maybe not, since it is in the title. /shrug
    spoilers:
    And is it just me or is it pretty disturbing to see Nightcrawler not only kill his close/best friend after said friend begs for mercy but then watch with this dead look while the guy burns to death? Woah.
    end of spoilers
    I thought it was handled well. This isn't our Kurt, but that still wasn't easy for him.

Betsy's change is interesting. Fantomex is totally dying.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by IN-A-SYNCH View Post
    I agree I dont think it is her at all.
    It can't be her, considering this is the cover to #28

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

How did Jamie come back after the Foursaken arc?

Is this British or Asian Betsy?

UGH @ sex.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama