Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Right. That is why in my original post, "asks" is in quotes. This is to denote the subtle way Cap gets Beast to do his bidding. And you'll notice after Beast "agrees" or "volunteered", Cap was all like I was hoping you'd say that! Good Work, soldier.

I think you're reaching on this one, plenty of other better reasons to be mad at Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I think it was pretty clear from Magik's dialogue that Cyclops' "backdoor" command was never meant to be an order for retreat, but rather was a code word to lure Dr. Strange. He really has planned this for a long time.
    It's a well known fact that the good Dr has never passed up an opportunity for some backdoor action.

Quote Originally Posted by Aljira View Post
    i'm guessing during the Magik/Strange fight in Limbo - Illyana changed the appearance of her minions into all the students Strange slept with. Yeah...that got him busy for a while...
    Hah! Post of the day!
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Can't be. Cytorrak doesn't let you double-dip. You either take his power and use it exclusively, or you get lost. If he let you combine sets, then Kuurth would have been godlike.

*Edit* can't find any information on Colossal-nauts strength level. Wiki says that he gets additional strength, but that's Wiki. It did mention that Vibranium causes him to revert to his human form though. Isn't cap's shield made out of Vibranium?
    I don't recall Cyttorak putting a limit on this or when it comes to mutants. Hence the reason why KG said Petey's powers and appearance is different from Marko's. And that is also why Petey has his orignal power(s) plus Juggy power(s). Hey, KG said it, and that's how he's writing him (right or wrong). Feel free to check out the Colossus appreciation thread for all the links that we've (as Colossus homers) posted in re to this in that thread.

And Kuurth should have been god-like. He had two god power-sets. Cyttorak stripped him and Petey defeated Kuurth. Yeah, he said Kuurth was more powerful in all ways except one - Petey was unstoppable. The serpent knew this and "bamf'd" Kuurth away cuz there was a possibility he was going to be killed in the explosion. Cyttorak obviously didn't stress it and Petey survived.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

This issue was awful, one poor coordination, poor design, one disgusting drawing...

Namor is giving me grief now. Namor in water and have problems with the Thing and Luke Cage. lol

Namor was really strong before, but since the incident with the predator x, seems to have receded in powers.

pixie is the fairy kween

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    I think you're reaching on this one, plenty of other better reasons to be mad at Cap.
    Nope, not reaching. That's how *I* interpreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    This issue was awful, one poor coordination, poor design, one disgusting drawing...

Namor is giving me grief now. Namor in water and have problems with the Thing and Luke Cage. lol

Namor was really strong before, but since the incident with the predator x, seems to have receded in powers.
    He doesn't give the impression that he's struggling. He just doesn't want to resort to murdering...just yet.
    ...the girl who lives behind the aura, behind the curtain, behind the burqa.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseXfrost View Post
    He doesn't give the impression that he's struggling. He just doesn't want to resort to murdering...just yet.
    What goes down between Namor, Cage and Ben Grimm will be explained and expanded upon in the first issue of the Avengers versus X-Men 'fight book.' I think it comes out next week. It's also going to show the full battle between Magneto and Iron Man.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Anyone think that the scarlet witch might be behind this whole phoenix returning thing? She caused the whole no more mutants debacle and now she is "dreaming" of the phoenix and all of a sudden its coming back...I think she might be behind this story more than people think. They put that little nugget there and will keep her in the background for a while just so people dont guess it too soon, but eventually she will be shown as the real problem here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    beast is too full of shame to face the x-men on utopia. he couldn't get off the planet fast enough.
    That's because he doesn't view the X-Men as enemies. He was there with Scott and Jean on the Dark Side of the Moon during the Dark Phoenix Saga. He was also around for Jean's reunion with the Phoenix Force in Morrison's New X-Men. He may hate Scott, but at no time has he expressed the view point that he is "anti-X-Men." But he is fully aware of what the Phoenix Force is capable of, unlike many of the Avengers. So it's a logical move.

In fact, Gillen made a note of this in SWORD where Scott and Emma tell Henry that SWORD was arresting Aliens, which included Warlock and Hepzibah. He became enraged and confronted Abby on the spot even comparing her to a fascist. The plot was quickly solved when they found out it was Gyrich's plan and he also arrested Abby. So, I don't think Henry is one for fighting the X-Men. His scorn is directed solely at Scott. Also a future cover for AvX Brawls or whatever they are called shows Henry fighting Luke Cage. So take what you will of that.

Doesn't look like he's sticking with the Avengers.
    Last edited by fod_xp; 04-19-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseXfrost View Post
    I hope that's true, for the sake of Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post

Oh my, Beast. Killing Luke Cage is a nice way to start your road to redemption. Extra points for breaking the Vision/Wanda picture.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Also a future cover for AvX Brawls or whatever they are called shows Henry fighting Luke Cage. So take what you will of that.

This did not make much sense, luke is not anywhere near in the level of Namor, but Beast, even in dreams is near the level of Luke Cage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I hope that's true, for the sake of Namor.
    Let's not forget that Ben is a close friend of Sue Storm Richards. Namor has been hounding that ass far longer than Emma's been around in the X-Verse. Killing Ben would really fuck up his rapport with his first blonde lady conquest. If I am not mistaken, Jonathan Hickman made Sue Richards an official Monarch of a rival Aquatic Kingdom in his FF book. So, yeah, for mac-daddying on Sue and the political stability of the Oceans, Namor is going to have to handle Ben with kid gloves.