Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2257
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    If Steve didn't consider anyone expendable, then why did he send the other Avengers in space on a "suicide mission" as you like to call it. And he really doesn't consider it a big deal that the Phoenix might pose a danger to Earth. Not personal at all.
    Gotta love the schizophrenic nature of his criticisms. First the Avengers are wrong for sending people out on what they know to be a suicide mission. Then they're wrong for not considering any of their members expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Did anything you mention in the post before stop Hope from owning them...laying then low? Did it?
    She was both the most powerful person there and they were surprised> then she casually owned Wolverine and Spider-man. the kids also knew that she was not an enemy
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    She was both the most powerful person there and they were surprised> then she casually owned Wolverine and Spider-man. the kids also knew that she was not an enemy
    If she owned Wolverine and Spidey, it wouldn't have mattered if they thought she was an enemy or not. They were going down regardless. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    It would be a fight that would have disastrous consequences. Kids win and they are out in the world I've already outlined, they loose and the Avengers realize they've just beaten up a bunch of kids after destroying their home.

Mark_S
    the Kids can't beat the Avengers, but the Avengers at the school would be child's play

If Steve didn't consider anyone expendable, then why did he send the other Avengers in space on a "suicide mission" as you like to call it. And he really doesn't consider it a big deal that the Phoenix might pose a danger to Earth. Not personal at all.
    The same reason why DC's Captian Mar.......I mean SHAZAM would stop bank robbers

Because they are heroes!
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Gotta love the schizophrenic nature of his criticisms. First the Avengers are wrong for sending people out on what they know to be a suicide mission. Then they're wrong for not considering any of their members expendable.
    I need a scorecard.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    the Kids can't beat the Avengers, but the Avengers at the school would be child's play
    Yeah. The Avengers have taken down Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Count Nefaria, the Zodiac, the Red Skull, and some of the worst villains in the Marvel U.

But a group of schoolkids at their alma mater is gonna kick their @$$?

Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    The same reason why DC's Captian Mar.......I mean SHAZAM would stop bank robbers

Because they are heroes!
    Shhhhhhh!!!! Someone else might hear you.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    It would be a fight that would have disastrous consequences. Kids win and they are out in the world I've already outlined, they loose and the Avengers realize they've just beaten up a bunch of kids after destroying their home.

Mark_S
    The Kids would be making a beeline to join their friends in the fight, they would not be on their own for long.

Yeah. The Avengers have taken down Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Count Nefaria, the Zodiac, the Red Skull, and some of the worst villains in the Marvel U.

Give me a break.
    Also Stoped Thanos. And the most recent Kree invasion, which the X-men were surprising absent from because hope stub her big toe and Scott put the west cost under marshel law.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Also Stoped Thanos. And the most recent Kree invasion, which the X-men were surprising absent from because hope stub her big toe and Scott put the west cost under marshel law.
    I never said that they could beat the Avengers team, but the Avengers at the Academy would be hamburger.

Give me a break.
    Well, the only Avengers at the school will be the students, and Tigra. AA is one of my favorite Marvel books, but a toss up between them and the X-Kids, the X-Kids have far more experience, and raw power. And Tigra is well...Tigra, no offense.

The "Suicide Team" is just Cap's least favorite Avengers. Y'know, the ones he wouldn't really miss. Besides, most of them have died and come back anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Well, the only Avengers at the school will be the students, and Tigra. AA is one of my favorite Marvel books, but a toss up between them and the X-Kids, the X-Kids have far more experience, and raw power. And Tigra is well...Tigra, no offense.
    The X-Kids who JUST got their start being taught in the use of their powers are going to kick the @$$ of kids being trained for considerably longer, in combat scenarios for the express purpose of using their abilities offensively?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    The "Suicide Team" is just Cap's least favorite Avengers. Y'know, the ones he wouldn't really miss. Besides, most of them have died and come back anyway.
    And that would make sense if Thor wasn't on the team....