Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2257
    The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    I don't know if they want people going overboard, but I agree with you that they want serious debates and talks about the comics.
    I think that-not quite cw-they want a lot of heat from the fans. More heat=more buzz=more sales? I think that is the basic marketing strategy for AvX. During cw I got the feeling that they really did want to split the fan base along political lines and fooled themselves into thinking that they could make the characters really horrible and then easily redeem them later and all of the fans would go along for the ride. For AvX the larger political questions raised in cw don't really apply. Cw was the type of event that would have produced some great deep political and philisophical arguments-or would have if they had taken the time to craft a good story. AvX is more about setting the fans of one character against another character. In my opinion Scott's character is simply a casualty of the marketing that is driving the story. They need a bad guy and the dart landed on his name.

Mark_S

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by YagamiFire View Post
    Pfft! When has a clone of a super-powerful being EVER gone wrong in comics? What? What's that? Always? Oh...geez you're right. I guess for being so smart, Tony & Reed really are idiots.

...god that was a dumb story point...
    It was a killer as far as the characters of Tony and Reed are concerned. We may get another one in AvX but it will probably be for Scott.

Mark_S

The curious one.

Exactly. It's been building to this for a while now. Sooner or later it had to explode.
    But if you don't read any of the X-titles how do as a fan know this?

Mark_S

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    So if you are In a country where you have little chance of a fair trial you should just suck it up?
    That's a question every political dissident has to face. Scott right now is reminding me of some of the more extreme radicals I used to hear in the 1960's.

Mark_S

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you honestly feel that way, then don't live in that country.

But beyond that, you're missing the point. Scott simply doesn't have the authority to tell any nation on earth that due process no longer applies to mutants. Even if it were true that 100% of the time in every nation on earth mutants are not given proper due process (and I don't believe that has or even can be proven), the simply fact is Scott has no say in the matter. Just as other nations have no say over what occurs on Utopia.
    If indeed Utopia is a real country. Since marvel is too lazy to define it's status as a nation or as a part of the US then it is hard to say. But just leaving the country really isn't an option for mutants. Every where they go, everywhere they have ever lived someone's been gunning for them. If I were them a long time ago I would have gone to Latveria and pledged my alligence to Doom in return for his word that I would be treated fairly in his country. At least with an honest tyrant you know what to expect. I wonder what the worlds reaction to that would have been as Latveria slowly acquired a mutant army?

Mark_S
    Last edited by Mark_S; 04-30-2012 at 12:23 PM.

And Scott left the Mutant children to get locked up By the Avengers what an asshole.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    But if you don't read any of the X-titles how do as a fan know this?

Mark_S
    Sorry Mark. Misread you're post. I guess research what's been going on in the book. I didn't read Schism, but I know what basically happened.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 04-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    And Scott left the Mutant children to get locked up By the Avengers what an asshole.
    Yeah, I mean it might be too early, but it looks like they are in protective custody...
    Yesterday folks were talking about "family"...and Scott basically left them all. His "family"? Aren't they a part of it...or are they just like Bishop? Family as long as you follow King Scott...but when you don't...idk. Interesting

The curious one.

Sorry Mark. Misread you're post. I guess research what's been going on in the book. I didn't read Schism, but I know what basically happened.
    Yes, but I think that can be a real problem with a crossover event; too much of the build up might happen in titles that the person buying the crossover doesn't read. If you haven't read an X-title in years Scott's attitude is shocking enough for a person to wonder what is going on. That doesn't translate into going out and buying the X-titles just to see.

Mark_S

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Yeah, I mean it might be too early, but it looks like they are in protective custody...
    Yesterday folks were talking about "family"...and Scott basically left them all. His "family"? Aren't they a part of it...or are they just like Bishop? Family as long as you follow King Scott...but when you don't...idk. Interesting
    Protective custody... what are the kids being protected from? The Avengers are the ones who seem to have destroyed their home in their pursuit of Hope. Gotta admit Academy is a title I'm really curious about right now because the writer has given a tremendous challenge: How do kids who've been grabbed away from their home cope? I hope he doesn't sweep that under the rug like so many writers at marvel do.

Mark_S

BANNED

Protective custody... what are the kids being protected from? The Avengers are the ones who seem to have destroyed their home in their pursuit of Hope. Gotta admit Academy is a title I'm really curious about right now because the writer has given a tremendous challenge: How do kids who've been grabbed away from their home cope? I hope he doesn't sweep that under the rug like so many writers at marvel do.

Mark_S
    Yes after Scott attacked first...you seem to believe they are out to hurt them, it's pretty clear they are not. Scott left his family. He left. Let's not spin this. He took off...After hope laid them out.

And yeah, protection from a leader who is showing extreme poor judgement. In my opinion...it's likely they will just be there with the other kids...But that's what a authority would do.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    What is their options apart from deciding that mutants are no longer subject to human law? NOT deciding that mutants are no longer subject to human law.

As I said, if a mutant wants to live on Scotts sinking rock thats fine... but if they CHOOSE to live somewhere else, they have the same obligations and responsibilities that everyone else has. That's just how it works, and how it SHOULD work.

The simple fact is that Scott doesn't have the right to decide the laws of every other nation on the earth. Pretending that he does backing that up with threats only turns more people against them. It's not only wrong, it's just flat out stupid.
    So when Avengers get caught in Latveria, rescue is off the table?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

That's a question every political dissident has to face. Scott right now is reminding me of some of the more extreme radicals I used to hear in the 1960's.

Mark_S
    He sounds more like the 1770s that the 1960s

You really need to read that series, honesly. that is not what happened. the guy who was acting like a mad bomber (literally) there was Wolverine

Mark_S
    Academy is to me the besat Avengers book, best by a huge distance. Gage is probably the only writer that can handle the kids in a POW camp without going over the top.

POW camp becasue the kids consider themselves soldiers, they consider themselves so openly and a POW camp is where you lock up soldiers taken in Combat