Page 6 of 151 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Care for a Jelly Baby? InSovietRussia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    LOL. A swing and a miss.
    Not entirely... the lack of substantial plot and dialogue still makes this an absolutely horrible comic. I'm pretty sure you, I or anyone on this forum with access to Wikipedia and a couple of hours of research time could've come up with a better AvX premise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Really don't like the art of that cover. They all look like a bunch of crazed ravagers, not heroes.
    Seems pretty in-character.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InSovietRussia View Post
    Reading a comic like this makes me wonder how in the hell Bendis manages to sell anything, let alone be the top selling writer at Marvel. Are comic fans really this dumb? There's no continuity, no plot development, half of what each character is doing makes no sense at all and the dialogue seems to have been written by a sixth grader. There are plenty of interesting ways in which the extinction of mutantkind, the Phoenix and an Avengers/X-Men fight could've been handled, and they go with this? It's the Michael Bayification of comics, I say.

and even though it is written by Aaron I really think Bendis had something to do with this
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Reading a comic like this makes me wonder how in the hell Bendis manages to sell anything, let alone be the top selling writer at Marvel. Are comic fans really this dumb? There's no continuity, no plot development, half of what each character is doing makes no sense at all and the dialogue seems to have been written by a sixth grader. There are plenty of interesting ways in which the extinction of mutantkind, the Phoenix and an Avengers/X-Men fight could've been handled, and they go with this? It's the Michael Bayification of comics, I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I agree totally. This event so far is pretty mindless. Aaron, Bendis and anyone else. It's really "Bay" like and not in a good way. Lots of shock value and mindless, out of character, movie styled action. Some fans seem to enjoy it. I can't say I blame Marvel for putting stuff out like this, when folks are buying.

So far, this event, like the ones before....leaves a lot to be desired.
    Nice to know I'm not alone. I've already had my rant for the first issue, so I guess I'll shut up for this one.

Peace

BANNED

Not entirely... the lack of substantial plot and dialogue still makes this an absolutely horrible comic. I'm pretty sure you, I or anyone on this forum with access to Wikipedia and a couple of hours of research time could've come up with a better AvX premise.
    I have to agree. Is this really what they came up with at their retreats? Wow. Maybe it will pick up..a little on substance. I can't wait until the Bendis era ends for the Avengers.

I feel for the X-men if rumors are true...smh. And I'm not really a Bendis hater.
    Last edited by Umbra; 04-18-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Seems pretty in-character.
    Ah, I see what you done there, you X-fan, you...

Peace

I don't disagree with that part. Just laughing at the rush to crucify Bendis for something he didn't do.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

I have to agree. Is this really what they came up with at their retreats? Wow. Maybe it will pick up..a little on substance. I can't wait to the Bendis era to end for the Avengers.

I feel for the X-men if rumors are true...smh. And I'm not really a Bendis hater.
    The X-Fans (on this board) deserve Bendis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post
    Try reading the comic before embarrassing yourself.
    i have read it and your the one embarrassing yourself, calling cap a fascist is absurd, and i am not a instant cap lover, ok i like cap he is one of my fav characters but when he is wrong or is a dick i will say so, like there are times i HATE ultimate cap. but on this the MUTANTS ARE 100% wrong no matter what they are risking the whole planet for the sake of there own species, and there risking it on a hope/plan that is at best extremly likley to go bad (i dont think there is a chance in hell hope could properly control the full pheniox force)

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    The X-Fans (on this board) deserve Bendis.
    I can't wait for them to see what Bendis will do to them
    god I almost feel sorry for him... wait no I don't
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

BANNED

I agree totally. This event so far is pretty mindless. Aaron, Bendis and anyone else. It's really "Bay" like and not in a good way. Lots of shock value and mindless, out of character, movie styled action. Some fans seem to enjoy it. I can't say I blame Marvel for putting stuff out like this, when folks are buying.
    i can get the problem with the other things but Explain to me What is wrong with movie styled action, comics are ment to thrill and entertain

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i can get the problem with the other things but Explain to me What is wrong with movie styled action, comics are ment to thrill and entertain
    They just want tighter scripting and depth. I don't mind mindless action either, but I think wanting works that stand the test of time is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I'm not so certain she's Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo anymore, either. She's had her buttocks handed to her and kicked out of Limbo so much in recent years.
    Yeah they seem to be both nerfed. She's an ex-ruler and has most of her soul back. both of them are ex-sorcerers supreme. who knows this might turn into Classic strange vs Darkchilde. This battle should have one whole book devoted to it and its not even on a avx vs issue. We get spidey or thing vs colossus and magik vs widow....seriously marvel shape up.

Care for a Jelly Baby? InSovietRussia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    I can't wait for them to see what Bendis will do to them...
    Pretty much nothing... most of us aren't going to read any Bendis-penned books. Similar to what happened when Fraction took over, sales of whatever comics he's on will take a huge nosedive. Anything that's unrelated and halfway decent will probably see an upswing in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i have read it and your the one embarrassing yourself, calling cap a fascist is absurd, and i am not a instant cap lover, ok i like cap he is one of my fav characters but when he is wrong or is a dick i will say so, like there are times i HATE ultimate cap. but on this the MUTANTS ARE 100% wrong no matter what they are risking the whole planet for the sake of there own species, and there risking it on a hope/plan that is at best extremly likley to go bad (i dont think there is a chance in hell hope could properly control the full pheniox force)
    This is perfect, thank you.
    Last edited by Joffrey; 04-18-2012 at 09:48 AM.