I'm all digital now, so i get my comics rather early.
If you do not want to be spoiled....stop reading now.
The entire issue is basically one long brawl. Highlights of the issue include:
1. The Avengers storm utopia. X-men retaliate. It's a battle royale.
2. Captain America is trying to talk sense into Cyclops, he refuses and gets a patented shield strike to the face! (I think Scott forgot he's dealing with god damn Captain America!).
3. Namor punches thing out of the water and Luke Cage decks Namor (i believe this fight will continue in AVX versus).
4. Iron Man releases telepathic tasers into the air, neutralizing Emma Frost, he get's diamond hard punch to the gut for his efforts. Tony's ambushed by Magneto, who's in turn punched to the mat by Quicksilver (who runs about 347 miles in 3.5 seconds to utopia. Scarlet Witch is sketching the Phoenix on a note pad (Wanda's dream journal) with the words "This is how the world ends".
5. Storm confronts Black Panther and reminds him why they have a marriage counselor (for real). I can't wait for those two to get divorced.
6. Hope gets ordered inside with the Young X-men and Generation Hope but knocks out Transonic and runs off.
7. Cyclops orders Magick to do her thing (teleport them away) but Captain America (who's thought of everything) asks Dr Strange to engage her. Strange confronts Illyana in Limbo where she's in demon form and reminds Strange how stupid he was to follow her there (someone is about to get their ass kicked).
8. Spider-man and Wolverine infiltrate Utopia through the sewer system. They find Hope standing over the Young X-men all Phoenixed up. Wolverine goes all dick head and tries to stab Hope. The Avengers and the X-men crash into the room and find Hope Phoenix roasting Wolverine from inside (taste the kiss of the Phoenix bitch!).
9. The issue ends with the Secret Avengers confronting the Phoenix force in space. Thor ends the issue with some ominous words "Today is as a good as any to die"
If you wanted to see the Avengers and X-men butt heads and talk smack to each other, this is it. JRjr's art (IMO) is perfect for all out action and this issue was really written to his strength.
This is the issue when sh!t get's real!