Page 1 of 151 123451151101 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Default AvX #2 *Spoilers*

I'm all digital now, so i get my comics rather early.

If you do not want to be spoiled....stop reading now.

The entire issue is basically one long brawl. Highlights of the issue include:

1. The Avengers storm utopia. X-men retaliate. It's a battle royale.

2. Captain America is trying to talk sense into Cyclops, he refuses and gets a patented shield strike to the face! (I think Scott forgot he's dealing with god damn Captain America!).

3. Namor punches thing out of the water and Luke Cage decks Namor (i believe this fight will continue in AVX versus).

4. Iron Man releases telepathic tasers into the air, neutralizing Emma Frost, he get's diamond hard punch to the gut for his efforts. Tony's ambushed by Magneto, who's in turn punched to the mat by Quicksilver (who runs about 347 miles in 3.5 seconds to utopia. Scarlet Witch is sketching the Phoenix on a note pad (Wanda's dream journal) with the words "This is how the world ends".

5. Storm confronts Black Panther and reminds him why they have a marriage counselor (for real). I can't wait for those two to get divorced.

6. Hope gets ordered inside with the Young X-men and Generation Hope but knocks out Transonic and runs off.

7. Cyclops orders Magick to do her thing (teleport them away) but Captain America (who's thought of everything) asks Dr Strange to engage her. Strange confronts Illyana in Limbo where she's in demon form and reminds Strange how stupid he was to follow her there (someone is about to get their ass kicked).

8. Spider-man and Wolverine infiltrate Utopia through the sewer system. They find Hope standing over the Young X-men all Phoenixed up. Wolverine goes all dick head and tries to stab Hope. The Avengers and the X-men crash into the room and find Hope Phoenix roasting Wolverine from inside (taste the kiss of the Phoenix bitch!).

9. The issue ends with the Secret Avengers confronting the Phoenix force in space. Thor ends the issue with some ominous words "Today is as a good as any to die"

If you wanted to see the Avengers and X-men butt heads and talk smack to each other, this is it. JRjr's art (IMO) is perfect for all out action and this issue was really written to his strength.

Art- 3.5/5
    Story 4/5

This is the issue when sh!t get's real!
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

I was looking to buy this digitally but i couldn't figure it out. -_-
    Can u give me a link?

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    8. Spider-man and Wolverine infiltrate Utopia through the sewer system. They find Hope standing over the Young X-men all Phoenixed up. Wolverine goes all dick head and tries to stab Hope. The Avengers and the X-men crash into the room and find Hope Phoenix roasting Wolverine from inside (taste the kiss of the Phoenix bitch!).
    Wow. I hope (pun intended) he gets his ass cooked real good. Seriously Logan, WTF?

BANNED

Transonic is in this? That makes me happy.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

And are the fights in AvX VS going to fit in seamlessly with the regular series? Or are the fights that happened this issue resolved in a few panels?

I plan on picking up AvX VS #1, but if it's just another lame $ grab which doesn't really flow with the main AvX series, I won't bother.

BANNED

Also, a tad bit hypocritical of Wolverine to try and stab her, but I guess he made that promise.
    Still...(stupid Wolverine.)

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    And are the fights in AvX VS going to fit in seamlessly with the regular series? Or are the fights that happened this issue resolved in a few panels?

I plan on picking up AvX VS #1, but if it's just another lame $ grab which doesn't really flow with the main AvX series, I won't bother.
    See, I was thinking of it the other way. Does the event wrap itself seamlessly around the sure to be awesome fights in "Vs." or does it muck things up with too much plot? Surely the whole point of this event is for me to find out whether Captain America's dad can beat up Cyclops' dad.

HOLY #$@%!!!
    Please need confirmation on two details:

1) Magik gets demony?? Like....sprouts horns etc? or....?

2) Hope is found amidst the Young X-Men, but they are...unconscious? Or....?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

It seems that the AvX VS fights take place in-between panels here, because we see Namor tackling both Ben and Luke. I gotta say, JRJR doesn't give all the panels the dynamism they deserve. That punch by Emma on Tony, for example, looks so static to me.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    HOLY #$@%!!!

Well they ain't dead. They're all showing up in Avengers Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well they ain't dead. They're all showing up in Avengers Academy.
    Right. This certainly makes them easier to "collect", doesn't it?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by kingcombo View Post
    I was looking to buy this digitally but i couldn't figure it out. -_-
    Can u give me a link?
    I bought off the comixology app. You could try www.comixology.com. I think it's been uploaded.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post

I think we're going to have to pick up AVX VS because the fights occur in between panels.

BANNED

Right. This certainly makes them easier to "collect", doesn't it?

GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL!

HOLY #$@%!!!

I think they're unconscious because Spider-man is on the floor with them and there's an "uuuuhhh" sound coming out of him.