Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Yeah it was "reflexes" *sarcasm*. Sometimes I think people are reading this story (and reading into this story) and seeing what they want to be there, instead of what's on the actual page.
    You know, its really funny that you are saying this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You know, its really funny that you are saying this.
    Elucidate please?

BANNED

Elucidate please?
    Since you are by far the most hateful poster on these boards towards the current run, one might think you go into these books with the specific purpose of hating it with a passion regardless of whats in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Which doesnt provide any answers, only more questions.
    Which is why I stated before that it seems to follow the X-Files story method. Answer one question only to have several more unanswered. It gets truly unsatisfying at a certain point.

It should be when giving a review.
    Except that this is a message board, not the New York Times. Just because a thread is titled "review" doesn't suddenly make it a professional piece. This is a social arena, and no one needs to follow your personal criteria on how to critique an issue.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Since you are by far the most hateful poster on these boards towards the current run, one might think you go into these books with the specific purpose of hating it with a passion regardless of whats in it.
    Might?

Lol.

BANNED

One might think that, but they'd be wrong. I'm over the "this isn't Wonder Woman" thing. It's not, but I'm over it. I'm not approaching this as a Wonder Woman comic that spits on her background and those of the Amazons. I'm looking at it as strictly a story being told, and unfortunately there are flaws that keep it from being satisfying. I want to like it, I really do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Except that this is a message board, not the New York Times. Just because a thread is titled "review" doesn't suddenly make it a professional piece. This is a social arena, and no one needs to follow your personal criteria on how to critique an issue.
    That's just it, you're not critiquing AN issue. You're giving it a pass based on what you hope to come. I'm well aware your journalistic credentials are lacking.

BANNED

One might think that, but they'd be wrong. I'm over the "this isn't Wonder Woman" thing. It's not, but I'm over it. I'm not approaching this as a Wonder Woman comic that spits on her background and those of the Amazons. I'm looking at it as strictly a story being told, and unfortunately there are flaws that keep it from being satisfying.
    If you were truly over it, you wouldn't be dedicating so much of your time on the matter on a subject you despise as much as this. If you were over it, you might read the book, come here and leave one sour reply regarding it not being what you want before finding something better to entertain you.

I want to like it, I really do.
    No you don't, your first post regarding this issue was:

She's such a naive idiot, and she had to be rescued by Hermes not once but twice. I also didn't like how she was willing to give Hades Eros' much beloved property. Who is she to give away something she borrowed temporarily? Then she turned around and got shot by the very gun she gave away. Damn that was stupid, and her bracelets were completely ineffectual. The dead souls under the statues and the one with the maggots in his mouth were cool images though. I don't get why everything has to be a riddle and the dialogue is so stilted and there seemed to be letters missing. Once again for two issues in a row Wonder Woman jumps to conclusions and looks the fool for it, the wisdom of Athena is definitely missing from her power set.
    I don't see your attempt to like the book from that. Not to mention whenever a question arises and it is not immediately explained, then you go; "PLOTHOLE!" I know not everyone likes a bit of mystery in their books, or suspense, but threads that are left dangling are also done so on purpose so either the current writer or perhaps a later successor can come back to it and make a story of it later on if a plan is not already in place (like Morrisons Batman appeared to have the whole dead/rebirth plan laid down when it started).

BANNED

If you were truly over it, you wouldn't be dedicating so much of your time on the matter on a subject you despise as much as this. If you were over it, you might read the book, come here and leave one sour reply regarding it not being what you want before finding something better to entertain you.

No you don't, your first post regarding this issue was:

I don't see your attempt to like the book from that. Not to mention whenever a question arises and it is not immediately explained, then you go; "PLOTHOLE!" I know not everyone likes a bit of mystery in their books, or suspense, but threads that are left dangling are also done so on purpose so either the current writer or perhaps a later successor can come back to it and make a story of it later on if a plan is not already in place (like Morrisons Batman appeared to have the whole dead/rebirth plan laid down when it started).
    While I'm touched by your concern I assure you I find these exchanges thoroughly entertaining. In fact it's almost worth the price of admission. I'm sorry you don't see me making an attempt to like the book. When the preview of next issue's cover debuted I was one of the first to say how cool it was, also you just quoted me giving the book a compliment. Would you prefer it if I hired a band and started a parade?

This whole thread of young, new WW fans vs. 40 something "real" WW fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets& Bracelets View Post
    This whole thread of young, new WW fans vs. 40 something "real" WW fans.[/IMG]
    Hopefully when I'm over 40 I'll be reading the Wall Street Journal and not comics. I doubt it, but hope springs eternal. In any event I won't be posting tired Beyonce gifs and thinking it's clever. [gif removed by aegisbearer]

Hopefully when I'm over 40 I'll be reading the Wall Street Journal and not comics. I doubt it, but hope springs eternal. In any event I won't be posting tired Beyonce gifs and thinking it's clever.
    Being 40 and reading comics is shameful but being 20 or 30 and spending your day on the internet whining about WW is admirable, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Being 40 and reading comics is shameful but being 20 or 30 and spending your day on the internet whining about WW is admirable, right?
    You said that, I didn't.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Enough.

Really, guys, how many times do we have to tell you - do NOT make this about the posters.

I really don't like deleting posts and I like even less recommending people for banning, so please, keep the topic to the books and the characters and not the people discussing or creating them.
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator