Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Call me Cassandra.
    Nah. She's going to be out of Hades by the end of 11. Mark my word, Pollyannish as they may seem to you.

Champion of death? She's only in this situation because she is so committed to protecting lives--even at the cost of her own. I loved her line about life being valuable because it's so brief, and also Hermes' thoughts on afterlife.

Don't forget, by the way, that Azz leaves himself room in between panels. For all we know, somewhere off-panel, Hepahestus told Wonder Woman what to do if Hades used the guns of Eros on her.

You wanna know what's awesome? This book is.

Wonder Woman decapitating zombies. Uh yeah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    She didn't actually borrow them, Hephaestus gave them to her to borrow-- which makes me think Hades and Heph conspired on the outcome, or that Hades asked for a favour from Heph.
    Hephaestus was rather insistent wasn't he? I think you're probably right.

Veteran Member

Maybe, but there's also the possibility that Heph is playing Hades. Maybe Heph figured that Hades would take the bait by using the guns and told Wonder Woman (off-panel) how she could turn this to her advantage.

BEST ISSUE YET!!! Bloody fantastic!

That armor, that action, that Underworld, that creepy forest of soul-trees, that Zola house, that Hades coming through the fireplace and being a total boss, that Diana taking charge!!!

Still, i have some questions - problems:
    1) Why would Eros and Heph be willing to go to the Underworld with WW, or come rescue her should she fail?
    2) Why would WW give the pistols so easily? Eros was being a bro and she just handed them over. His source of power!
    3) We didnt see the cover in action. WW didnt get to shoot anything. She just carried them for no reason.

Also this:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    You wanna know what's awesome? This book is.

Wonder Woman decapitating zombies. Uh yeah.
    It's nothing that Artemis couldn't have done. That may be why she's absent from the relaunch, so Wonder Woman can do all the stunts that would would normally be reserved for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    1) Why would Eros and Heph be willing to go to the Underworld with WW, or come rescue her should she fail?
    We'll, actually Heph says "HUMMPH" at the idea of going into Hades. And Eros I think he's just a nice guy.

2) Why would WW give the pistols so easily? Eros was being a bro and she just handed them over. His source of power!
    Svln gave us some nice theories.

3) We didnt see the cover in action. WW didnt get to shoot anything. She just carried them for no reason.
    Dissapointing, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    It's nothing that Artemis couldn't have done. That may be why she's absent from the relaunch, so Wonder Woman can do all the stunts that would would normally be reserved for her.
    Good. They're awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Good. They're awesome.
    For you maybe, I thought it was Xenatastic. Also the fact Wonder Woman thought of no other option for thwarting Hermes bothered me. She didn't even make an attempt, she just handed the guns over. Plus if she hadn't been lying in the first place she wouldn't be in that predicament.

BANNED

Also during Rucka's run I don't think Artemis could have battled Superman in space, or seen through Dr. Psycho's tricks, or defeated and rehabilitated the Silver Swan, or been an effective warrior while blind, or taken a bath in liquid steel.

Veteran Member

After rereading, I'm thinking more and more that Hephaestus and Wonder Woman have a plan that involved tempting Hades with Eros' guns (and, of course, with Wonder Woman). Heph said in issue 7 that it would take more than weapons to bargain with Hades--maybe he meant that it would take a potential "wife." Heph is so eager to give the guns to Diana, and she has this quiet smile after she's taken them-maybe they've already discussed this plan in private, sometime between the end of issue 7 and the beginning of 8. And right before that, Hephaestus said "hummph" when Eros said they would be happy to go with her--maybe Heph doesn't entirely trust his son, and this is why Eros isn't in on the plan. Look at how Wonder Woman is the one to bring up Hades' desire for a wife, and she eggs him on to ask for something else ("such as...") which turns out to be the guns. And she's just a little too quick to accept the deal--and to me, that's a hint that she has reasons we don't know about yet.

What would the plan be? Maybe Heph has replaced the bullets with something which won't do permanent harm or actually make Wonder Woman fall in love. So Zola is able to get out--in time for for her baby not be "born in shadow," which seems key--and Hermes and Lennox can come back to help Diana escape, now that she has been formally released from her promise (also key--look how careful Diana is to make sure has Hades' word on this subject).
    Last edited by slvn; 04-18-2012 at 02:05 PM.

For you maybe, I thought it was Xenatastic. Also the fact Wonder Woman thought of no other option for thwarting Hermes bothered me. She didn't even make an attempt, she just handed the guns over. Plus if she hadn't been lying in the first place she wouldn't be in that predicament.
    I'm with you on that. It seems like a pretty elaborate plan with potentially massive repercussions (pissing off two major greek gods) just to destroy Hera's pool.

She could have at least tried to find a way to set up an agreement between Poseidon and Hades to avert a war between them and take on her side against Hera. But no, she doesnt seem to care if they fight each other which i assume would result in a massive war with innocent people getting caught in the crossfire.
    Also during Rucka's run I don't think Artemis could have battled Superman in space, or seen through Dr. Psycho's tricks, or defeated and rehabilitated the Silver Swan, or been an effective warrior while blind, or taken a bath in liquid steel.
    So wait, a Superman story is only good if he doest things that Supergirl could never do? WW kicked some ass in this issue, do you have to weigh in whether X or Y or Z could have done the same?
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 04-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    After rereading, I'm thinking more and more that Hephaestus and Wonder Woman have a plan that involved tempting Hades with Eros' guns (and, of course, with Wonder Woman). Heph said in issue 7 that it would take more than weapons to bargain with Hades--maybe he meant that it would take a potential "wife." Heph is so eager to give the guns to Diana, and she has this quiet smile after she's taken them-maybe they've already discussed this plan in private, sometime between the end of issue 7 and the beginning of 8. And right before that, Hephaestus said "hummph" when Eros said they would be happy to go with her--maybe Heph doesn't entirely trust his son, and this is why Eros isn't in on the plan. Look at how Wonder Woman is the one to bring up Hades' desire for a wife, and she eggs him on to ask for something else ("such as...") which turns out to be the guns. And she's just a little too quick to accept the deal--and to me, that's a hint that she has reasons we don't know about yet.

What would the plan be? Maybe Heph has replaced the bullets with something which won't do permanent harm or actually make Wonder Woman fall in love. So Zola is able to get out--in time for for her baby not be "born in shadow," which seems key--and Hermes and Lennox can come back to help Diana escape, now that she has been formally released from her promise (also key--look how careful Diana is to make sure has Hades' word on this subject).
    I like your theories.

Btw, I was suprised to see the bullets leave a hole. I thought they'd just make you fall in love.

BANNED

I'm with you on that. It seems like a pretty elaborate plan with potentially massive repercussions (pissing off two major greek gods) just to destroy Hera's pool.

She could have at least tried to find a way to set up an agreement between Poseidon and Hades to avert a war between them and take on her side against Hera. But no, she doesnt seem to care if they fight each other which i assume would result in a massive war with innocent people getting caught in the crossfire.
    So wait, a Superman story is only good if he doest things that Supergirl could never do? WW kicked some ass in this issue, do you have to weigh in whether X or Y or Z could have done the same?
    Yes, but only when they're former supporting characters that only appear to be absent so that the star can do their minor feats.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I like your theories.

Btw, I was suprised to see the bullets leave a hole. I thought they'd just make you fall in love.
    That's because love hurts.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post

Well.. I know they're just theories... and good ones...but that would take the cake! That is too much planning off panel, which is also my complaint about the fruition of the first plot to break Hera's mirror. And.. guess what? Judging by the timing alone, we'll have Akins drawing the issue where the pay-off of such plan will be taking place... again!! He's on for next issue and 10.

As far as what I saw on actual panel this issue.. it looked good, but I was a little underwhelmed by the shortness of the action scenes. Now that she's been "shot" and allegedly "in love" with Hades, I doubt we'll see any more for a while.