Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 414
  1. #391
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Although I'd kind of call it being named Jerusalem (or even the City of David), extending back to times before Alexander the Great, pretty impressive evidence, is Jerusalem an archaeological artifact? Indirectly, the Vatican would, as, although it's more a representation of Jesus, in that it represents the founding of Roman Catholicism through agreement with the ancient Roman Empire and early Christians who were being roundly persecuted.
    So the City of Troy proves The Iliad was factual, and the city of New York will prove to future historians that Spider-Man was real?

    Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    I certainly want to see Wonder Woman, Hades, and Hephaestus have sex next issue.
    All the silly religious posts, then you warm my heart with weird sex. You're tough to peg down, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boonciaver View Post
    I thought Trigon was DC's Satan?
    No, it was Lucifer. He had his own comic and everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Actually the old Supergirl series by Peter David had an interesting take on both these ideas.
    It had interesting takes in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Then why did she attempt to block it?
    Reflex? Keep up appearances?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Yeah it was "reflexes" *sarcasm*. Sometimes I think people are reading this story (and reading into this story) and seeing what they want to be there, instead of what's on the actual page. Allowances are made, plot holes are back filled and a blind eye is turned to inconsistencies and unsavory elements.
    For readers who lived through Cry for JUSTICE!, Countdown to Final Crisis and Amazons Attack (among others), it has pretty much become a survival tool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    I'm well aware your journalistic credentials are lacking.
    Ooooo, burn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Hopefully when I'm over 40 I'll be reading the Wall Street Journal and not comics.
    You can't read both?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    The operative word here is "partly". This run isn't bad because it's a mystery, or dark, or suspenseful, I like all those things, but not the way they're packaged here. It's bad because it's slow and it's bad because it cheats.
    Cheats how?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  2. #392
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,695

    Smile

    I didn't feel burned at all. I'm in fact not a journalist, so indeed it would be quite the miracle if I did have any journalistic credentials to speak of. And fortunately, despite the apparent feelings of others, such credentials aren't required to engage in meaningful discussion about what we read, and most of us don't have the inflated sense of self worth to pretend otherwise.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-26-2012 at 02:03 AM.

  3. #393
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    So the City of Troy proves The Iliad was factual, and the city of New York will prove to future historians that Spider-Man was real?



    All the silly religious posts, then you warm my heart with weird sex. You're tough to peg down, you are...
    Might seem like a good point, except Greece abandoned the ideas behind Troy long ago, having resources to have gathered more convincing evidence, while Jews maintain their convictions, while bully civilizations attempted to remove all of their supporting evidence; speaks volumes, doesn't it?

    Well, I'm human and can still have issues of backsliding; it's a constant process of development; but, yes, I do want to see something like that happen next issue (e.g. ideally, Hephaestus will get his chance first, and than Hades; Hephaestus, give her some good oral sex, also; it's clear that Hades and Hephaestus were coordinating with one another; now that I've thought about it longer, it appears that Hades, or someone, might have gotten to Hephaestus before Wonder Woman even showed up to his place; notice how accommodating Hephaestus was with Wonder Woman and unsurprised Hephaestus was from the very beginning?); however, I can think of other things that Hephaestus and Hades might want to do with Wonder Woman next issue that would be just as fun.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 04-26-2012 at 02:25 AM.

  4. #394
    Senior Member momaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Just thinking out loud (so to speak), perhaps they the guns given to Hades where not Euros'. Perhaps they played switch-a-roo....

  5. #395
    CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern New Jersey
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Considering we see Diana on the throne on the cover in a few issues, I'm thinkin' the guns are part of a ploy. Marry the king of the gods, become queen of the gods, make a few changes...

    ;)

  6. #396
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Might seem like a good point, except Greece abandoned the ideas behind Troy long ago, having resources to have gathered more convincing evidence, while Jews maintain their convictions, while bully civilizations attempted to remove all of their supporting evidence; speaks volumes, doesn't it?
    To you, I guess. I don't hear a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Just thinking out loud (so to speak), perhaps they the guns given to Hades where not Euros'. Perhaps they played switch-a-roo....
    Interesting thought, but I doubt it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  7. #397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Phantom View Post
    ... Perhaps she's naive, but in no way dumb.
    No, I'm pretty sure she's just dumb. ;)

    Let's see, make a deal with Hades and Poseidon, promising a share of the heavens. Literally. Only it's a lie. But there's no backup plan just in case one or both is a little upset? And they are know for being upset on occasion. So, does this really sound like a good idea to anyone? Should she not be a little more watchful of the one she's suppose to be protecting, just in case there's a tantrum?

    Then again, perhaps this is all part of the grand off-panel plan of greatness. She knew it all along. It's BRILLIANT! ;)
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

  8. #398
    Ghostly Roboto Ebon Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here or there.
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure she's just dumb. ;)

    Let's see, make a deal with Hades and Poseidon, promising a share of the heavens. Literally. Only it's a lie. But there's no backup plan just in case one or both is a little upset? And they are know for being upset on occasion. So, does this really sound like a good idea to anyone? Should she not be a little more watchful of the one she's suppose to be protecting, just in case there's a tantrum?

    Then again, perhaps this is all part of the grand off-panel plan of greatness. She knew it all along. It's BRILLIANT! ;)
    What makes you think she didn't have a plan if they chose to fight her? We already seen that she has no problem with the idea of outright fighting a god, so the idea that she would be prepared o fight them had it come to it isn't out of the question. That's alot different from assuming that instead of fighting, one would chose to grab Zora and run away after all was said and done. Besides, I would put that more on Lennox then Diana.

  9. #399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Phantom View Post
    What makes you think she didn't have a plan if they chose to fight her? ...
    Perhaps because she wasn't watching the one person she was suppose to be watching. ;)

    It may have been Lennox's plan, but that doesn't make Diana smart for going along for the ride, does it?
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

  10. #400
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Perhaps because she wasn't watching the one person she was suppose to be watching. ;)

    It may have been Lennox's plan, but that doesn't make Diana smart for going along for the ride, does it?
    Way I see it, she WAS watching Zola and doing a fine job at it.
    Problem is she canīt watch her every second of her life (that would imply, for instances, going with her to the toilet) and hades took advantage of the one second Diana blinked to snatch Zola.

  11. #401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Way I see it, she WAS watching Zola and doing a fine job at it.
    Problem is she canīt watch her every second of her life (that would imply, for instances, going with her to the toilet) and hades took advantage of the one second Diana blinked to snatch Zola.
    Slightly more than a blink to allow Zola to wander straight to the god WW just made upset, no? ;)

    I'm not asking for WW to watch Zola every second; but this plan did risk putting Zola in front of more angry gods than just Hera, and Diana (and gang) seem completely ill-prepared for such. Doesn't sound like the best idea to me.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

  12. #402
    Needs more lesbian RandomFalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Slightly more than a blink to allow Zola to wander straight to the god WW just made upset, no? ;)

    I'm not asking for WW to watch Zola every second; but this plan did risk putting Zola in front of more angry gods than just Hera, and Diana (and gang) seem completely ill-prepared for such. Doesn't sound like the best idea to me.
    But Zola wasn't meant to be there when Diana and Lennox confronted Hades and Poseidon, it was only because Hera sent the centaurs after her (again) that Diana had to alter the plan slightly and take Zola with her. Not sure what exactly Diana was going to do with Zola if the centaurs hadn't attacked though. And if Zola had done what Diana told her to do "stay close" she wouldn't have got snatched. Diana did tell her several times to stay close.

  13. #403
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,547

    Default

    The plot dictated that Zola had to be abducted. There is nothing WW could have done to prevent that. Even if she'd put Zola in Fort Knox we'd end up with her being adbucted.

    "Why did WW put her in Fort Knox and not keep her close?"

    Besides, WW was pretty reasonable. She kept her close and protected her.

  14. #404
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Slightly more than a blink to allow Zola to wander straight to the god WW just made upset, no? ;)

    I'm not asking for WW to watch Zola every second; but this plan did risk putting Zola in front of more angry gods than just Hera, and Diana (and gang) seem completely ill-prepared for such. Doesn't sound like the best idea to me.
    The all-seeing pool was a present and immediate danger that had to be neutralised RIGHT NAW!

    Also, Hera was personally invested in destroying Zola.
    Neutralizing her threat was paramount.

    Upsetting a couple gods in the process took a backseat to taking out an immediate threat.
    Also, there was a chance their plan could have worked, the idea of marrying Hera and taking the skies DID appeal to both Hades and Poseidon.

  15. #405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    But Zola wasn't meant to be there when Diana and Lennox confronted Hades and Poseidon, it was only because Hera sent the centaurs after her (again) that Diana had to alter the plan slightly and take Zola with her. Not sure what exactly Diana was going to do with Zola if the centaurs hadn't attacked though. And if Zola had done what Diana told her to do "stay close" she wouldn't have got snatched. Diana did tell her several times to stay close.
    Not meant to be there? She's waiting with Diana on the bridge, right where Poseiden and Hades show up. "Let's risk angry gods in a power struggle right here in London and right in front of the one+ person I'm suppose to be protecting" - is that really a briliant plan? They got lucky that Poseidon laughed it off (a god not really know for his sense of humor); what if he had decided to flood London instead? Do they seem at all prepared for such?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    The plot dictated that Zola had to be abducted. There is nothing WW could have done to prevent that. Even if she'd put Zola in Fort Knox we'd end up with her being adbucted.
    lol - ah, the true reason: plot forced story. ;) My problem isn't Zola being abducted on Diana's watch. It's how it was handled. This plan of theirs seems far too short-sighted (and very plot convenient) for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    The all-seeing pool was a present and immediate danger that had to be neutralised RIGHT NAW!

    Also, Hera was personally invested in destroying Zola.
    Neutralizing her threat was paramount.

    Upsetting a couple gods in the process took a backseat to taking out an immediate threat.
    Also, there was a chance their plan could have worked, the idea of marrying Hera and taking the skies DID appeal to both Hades and Poseidon.
    Ah, the all-seeing pool that conveniently saw Diana talking to Poseidon but not Diana planning with Lennox?

    And so what if Poseidon-Hades-Hera all get married? Hera's going to be even more pissed, no? It wouldn't stop her from hunting Zola. In fact, with the heavens in hand, I'd think that both Hades and Poseidon may just decide to eliminate any child of Zeus, to make sure said baby don't come looking for some revenge. I'd think that whole set-up is just a power bomb waiting to go off.

    It's a plan that only works for the plot, but it isn't a very well-thoughtout plan (imo, and subject to change). It doesn't work on merit, it only works because the plot forces it to work.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •