Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spider Man: Acceptable feats of strength

I immediately thought about Peter lifting a building with serious determination from a scan I saw here a long time ago, but when I really thought about it, I really couldn't pinpoint anything bigger or heavier than a car that I've seen the comic book version of Spidey wield, without the assistance of any external forces, anything believable for him really. In my gut I know Peter is stronger, I just have no way to verify it.

So what exactly are the more impressive strength feats for Peter?

Er, wait.....Spidey's never lifted a building. At least, IIRC. Maybe when he had cosmic power.
    Are you sure it wasn't a train car or he wasn't using webs?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

I remember someone posting a scan here of him lifting a building, and yes, there was a lot of arguing back and forth about it, I don't remember if they took it as a jobbed feat or not. But it's the most incredible thing I can recall ever seeing Spidey lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    I remember someone posting a scan here of him lifting a building, and yes, there was a lot of arguing back and forth about it, I don't remember if they took it as a jobbed feat or not. But it's the most incredible thing I can recall ever seeing Spidey lift.
    Do you happen to have the scan handy?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I could of sworn that is supposed to be a train car or something.
    My RPG Site!

Its a subway car, and the usual strength feat I think of for Spidey actually going all out. I think I remember something about the building feat, but nothing specific, just that he'd held up a chunk of it or something.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I could of sworn that is supposed to be a train car or something.
    My RPG Site!

Its a subway car, and the usual strength feat I think of for Spidey actually going all out. I think I remember something about the building feat, but nothing specific, just that he'd held up a chunk of it or something.
    I think so.
    There is the feat of him running around a condemned building and wrecking the inside of it to work off some anger.
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I believe that particular one is generally either considered SMvsFL or done for the sake of humor, not usable as a feat. Had he actually pushed it maybe it'd be accepted, but a finger flick's a bit much.
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

I'm looking at my 30th Anniversary Issue of Spider-Man and he literally lifts the better part of a train station off of himself, building and trains included.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

IIRC with the Building Lift. A number of the main support beams in the Daily Bugle were knocked out by a supervillain. Peter used his Spider-Sense to locate the spot that most needed support and acted as a living beam just long enough for the Bugle to be evacuated and temporary supports to be installed by Damage Control.

The closest thing to him lifting a building that I can remember was when he supported what I think was the daily bugle building as it was collapsing to buy time for civilians to escape. From what I remember, he used his webbing at strategic points to help him support the building. I don't remember what story that was from though.
    "Anybody that tells you bad guys don't win never met Chael Sonnen"

I believe that particular one is generally either considered SMvsFL or done for the sake of humor, not usable as a feat. Had he actually pushed it maybe it'd be accepted, but a finger flick's a bit much.
    It would have made some sense if Spidey had just flicked over the train-car that Paladin was already tipping over, though it looked like it was in the opposite direction (and, for some reason, already tipping towards Spidey) from the one that Paladin was working on.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Honestly I think that was the writers intent, the art just doesn't reflect it correctly.
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11