Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

I like it. I only buy books I enjoy, so it means more of what I enjoy.

I'm not understanding when I read "I don't like it with books that aren't my favourite..."

If you're not enjoying a book, why bother with it in the first place??

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    I like it. I only buy books I enjoy, so it means more of what I enjoy.

I'm not understanding when I read "I don't like it with books that aren't my favourite..."

If you're not enjoying a book, why bother with it in the first place??
    Well I guess it's all about the level of enjoyment, which for most people I would assume that it's a graded thing. For example, "the Incredible Hulk" is clearly not one of my favourite comics. It isn't one of the first titles I read when I get home and it doesn't take the prize spot of "saving the best for last". So why do I bother with it? I don't hate it. In fact I do enjoy it, I am curious to see where it goes, the art and dialogue is fun and the ultimate comic buying excuse, it might get better. So I continue buying it. Of course, if it starts getting double shipped more frequently and the art starts to suffer it becomes a prime candidate for getting dropped.

It kinda reminds me when I was buying David Mack's Daredevil (you know the one where it was all about Echo and DD was no where to be seen). I hated it at the time but I got through that period and Daredevil became awesome and with David Mack coming to Perth soon, I'm looking forward to re-reading it again from a new perspective (originally I was reading it with a chip on my shoulder about it not being about Daredevil but now I'm reading it as a stand alone story about Echo).

I hope I have shed some light on why people read things that aren't their favourite.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

I get most of my Marvel books via subscription or collected edition, so it doesn't directly affect me too much. The "worst" that happens is that I renew a subscription after 8/10 months and not 12, but at 28 or less per 12 issues, I can manage that.

I can definitely understand why others wouldn't like it, though, especially now that it's become so prevalent. It's probably not so bad if only 1 or 2 titles in someone's pull list double ship at any one time, but with anything up to 20 ongoing books double shipping in a month, the more titles someone collects the bigger the impact it will have on their budget.

I did a breakdown in another thread (here) of the number of issues that shipped for each title between March 2011 and Feb 2012 if anyone wants to have a look. I'll have a go at another one up to June in the next few days, time allowing.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .