Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DC Heroes that deserve an animated series

Title says it all. Shout out for any hero at all who hasn't had one yet, but you think desperately deserves one. For me, I'd have to say that the Flash is the hero I'd be most interested in seeing get his own animated series. And none of that computer animation crap that DC seems to be peddling nowadays. It works for Green Lantern, but I do not see it working for Batman or the Flash. I would much rather see a traditionally animated series for the Flash. I would love it if we all got to see some of the New 52 versions of his villains animated, but I would be down for their traditional looks as well. Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Professor Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, Top, Trickster, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, Abra Kadabra, and Golden Glider can all get proper animated debuts instead of simple guest spots on Justice League. Although, the JL/JLU version of Grodd was awesome and I'd love to see the same voice actor return for him.

Other heroes deserving of one would of course include Wonder Woman and maybe Aquman or even maybe the Doom Patrol or Jonah Hex, but I think the Flash has the most to work with.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 04-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Flash does have all of the colorful Rogues to choose from, so there's a lot of story potential there.

I think Aquaman MIGHT be good simply because animation might be the only place you can do underwater adventures. The setup they created for the Young Justice series sure seems like a good place to start.

Something about Cyborg sorts screams kids cartoon to me, probably because he looks like he was born to have action figures with attachable/detachable weapons.

I'd love to see an animated Wonder Woman series that's in the same universe as the animated movie.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Flash. As you said, he has the most to work with.

Wonder Woman, of course. She's recognizable, has a lot of mythology to draw from, and would be very popular with young girls.

Although Flash would be ok too.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

At this point probably Flash has the most to work with in terms of cool abilities and the rogues gallery in which to have a full series about. I could see Aquaman being able to carry a series too if done properly.

Although it really depends on what the tone of the show is. Certain characters just lend themselves better to certain tones. For example, I'm not too big a fan of Brave and the Bold, mostly because I see "campy" Batman more as a product of my parent's generation (yes, I'm young by comparison to people here). For example, I can see Superman being a wide range of tones, but Green Lantern (depending on which GL we're talking about, but assuming Hal) would probably work better for a more adventure type of show and such.

Perhaps some sort of Justice League cartoon that begins, say, with a Big Seven type format and then, bare with me now, eventually expands until they include the majority of heroes in the DC Universe.

There's big money here, people. Big money.

BANNED

Raven, also I think they should incorporate these things from the new 52 in tv: The court of owls, stormwatch, cyborg in the justice league, the nowhere story, omac, demon knights, daemonites, the new guardians

Firestorm. Seriously, that'd make a great cartoon.
    Be all you can be.

Kyle Rayner AKA DC's Spider-man.

Wonder Woman

Blue Beetle - I would have this be a show that covers both Ted and Jaime, with it being one or the other from week to week. More along the lines of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Flash - Wally West

I would also KILL for the following:

Doom Patrol

JSA - again, the stories could be set in WWII or current day depending.

BANNED

Flash, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Blue Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Flash, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Blue Beetle.
    These, pretty much.

Btw, considering WW, they could easily take Azzarello and Chiang's WW, tone down the violence and make an animated series out of that. The atmosphere and designs would look amazing in animated form.

Definitely Flash!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!