Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

This book is a goddam delight.

Manhattan Projects and Mind MGMT I really look forward to reading each month, two reasons to remain invested in monthly comics. I enjoy a number of other books, but many of them I could trade-wait without too much frustration.

This looks interesting

It is the first thing I read when I get home from the store.

I noticed the collected edition of this (and Saga) are both paperbacks. What do you reckon the chances of getting hard covers are?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagra View Post
    I wonder why the character descriptions at the end changed Einstein's entry from "Super Genious" to "Highly Intelligent"
    Also, who was the scientist that died in the alien world?
    Because it's a different Einstein now.

Anyone know when Issue 6 is supposed to be coming out? Was supposed to be out this week, but now comiclist says TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmrmustid View Post
    Anyone know when Issue 6 is supposed to be coming out? Was supposed to be out this week, but now comiclist says TBD.
    September 5 if Image's site is to be believed. They also have 7th issue on September 19 and I doubt that very much.

I have been looking a lot into the life and works of Fermi and I still can't see anything that screams "not human." Anyone also wondering where this might have been referenced from?
    "Continuity doesn't really matter! Clarity is overrated! Let the fun begin!" - Kid Flash

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

Star city are the real inventors of Tetris.

As much as I loved this issue, I'm still angry with Hickman that he hasn't put out Secret #3 yet. I guess he's not as passionate about it as I gathered from the interviews about it.

Issue #6 confused the heck out of me. I need to go back and re-read. This is a good thing!
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    As much as I loved this issue, I'm still angry with Hickman that he hasn't put out Secret #3 yet. I guess he's not as passionate about it as I gathered from the interviews about it.
    Do we know that it's Hickman's fault and not Ryan Bodenheim's? Iirc, A Red Mass for Mars (also drawn by Bodenheim) was hammered by delays, whereas Red Wing (drawn by Pitarra) came out like clockwork.

Seems reasonable to think it's Bodenheim more than Hickman given that Manhattan Projects is coming out monthly while Secret has all but vanished. Clearly, Manhattan Projects shows that Hickman is capable of putting out a monthly, creator-owned book right now and I don't think it's coincidental that the book that's coming out on time is the one by the faster artist.

Anyway, I thought this issue was all kinds of awesome. But then, I say that about every issue of MP. Also, as good as Nick Pitarra is, Jordie Bellaire really is a star. I have yet to read book she was on where I wasn't outright wow'd by the colours. This, Rocketeer, John Carter of Mars, the last issue of Defenders.....just awesome, vibrant colours in every one of them. She colours like a more cerebral Dave McCaig on steroids.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I am absolutely in love with this book. Just got a buddy of mine to start reading comics, so I gave him the first 6 issues. It's the first comic he's ever read and he's hooked!

The change in Einstein's profile was a great find by the way, such a clever little clue by Hickman. Can't wait to see where this series is going.

The collected edition just came out so I gave it a go and absolutely loved it. Funny, smart and mind blowing. One of the best things Ive read all year!

BTW - anything else y'all would recommend by Hickman (other than Fantastic Four, which I've read)
    Last edited by Martha My Dear; 09-17-2012 at 11:39 PM.